Red Dead Redemption

thesaint sfc

For anyone looking to pick this up today - you can reserve on the Argos website and pick it up instore for £34 on PS3 or £35 on Xbox. Stock looks pretty low in the stores I checked in London so get in there early.

Cheers, just brought a copy from Argos in Totton. :-)

When you do the horse breaking in mission with bonnie early in the game she gives you the lasso. To use it you just press L1 then select it on the left. Then aim with L2 as if you were aiming with a gun. When your close enough to your target press R2 to fire while still holding on to L2. Always keep hold of L2 if you don't the target will escape.

Then while holding l2 walk up to the target and press triangle and you will hogtie them. You can then pick them up and carry them or put them on your horse!

Ah, she bored me so I went off and did some missions elsewhere. I'll go back to her tonight. I'm an xbox user. What is this L1 you talk of? ;)

You need to get the Lasso mate some great times to be had with it!

Like roping someone, hog tying them, then leaving them on train tracks for a train! Or if you leave them in the hills and put bait near them you watch what happens :p

As i said the game is brutal!

Also my ebay auction for my limited edition code just ended, it went for £28 :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150446008059&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

You need to get the Lasso mate some great times to be had with it!

Like roping someone, hog tying them, then leaving them on train tracks for a train! Or if you leave them in the hills and put bait near them you watch what happens :p

As i said the game is brutal!

Also my ebay auction for my limited edition code just ended, it went for £28 :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150446008059&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

You seem to be a bit of a fibber St Marco:

I received the game as a gift and in all honesty i am not a big Western fan.

You seem to be a bit of a fibber St Marco:

I am not a western fan normally and it was a gift from myself :)

Either way the point was to just say i didn't want it. At the time i listed it i was the only one on ebay with it up on there so wanted people to realise it was a genuine code and not a scam.

Getting into it a bit more now. The lasso is awesome, although I can't for the life of me get the bait to work. I was carrying some poor bloke around for about 2 hours last night on the back of my horse trying to get wolves to eat him. I ended up putting him on the train track which reduced him to nothing :)

I'm hoping that as you explore you find some bigger towns as Armadillo is the biggest place on the map at the moment which is pretty darn boring. I don't like it as much as GTA, but then again I guess I shouldn't be comparing the two.

I notice next to the gunshop in Armadillo there is a barbers which is closed. Does anyone know if you can go in there later in the game and get your hair cut? I prefer having a nice tidy player.

I think Rockstar have taken a big leap back towards San Andreas, however I think they still have room for improvement. This is certainly more fun than GTA4 but I don't like the storyline anywhere near as much. I think San Andreas is by far the best Rockstar game ever.

Is anyone else having problems with glitches and bugs or is it just me?

I took out my brother's USB wireless non-PlayStation controller and the number of glitches seemed to reduce, strangely, but still sometimes the horse freezes, judders, carries on in a straight line into the sky, a rock, the ground or whatevers in front of it, before getting stuck. Also, dialogue sometimes disappears leaving me with 2 people having a lip reading contest. The game becomes unresponsive at times too. The glitches sometimes makes it impossible to play and complete missions, due to Marston and Marston only freezing. It takes the fun out of the game. This is all on single player btw.

Could it be my PS3? Should I take it back and get another copy?

Great game though.

Is anyone else having problems with glitches and bugs or is it just me?

I took out my brother's USB wireless non-PlayStation controller and the number of glitches seemed to reduce, strangely, but still sometimes the horse freezes, judders, carries on in a straight line into the sky, a rock, the ground or whatevers in front of it, before getting stuck. Also, dialogue sometimes disappears leaving me with 2 people having a lip reading contest. The game becomes unresponsive at times too. The glitches sometimes makes it impossible to play and complete missions, due to Marston and Marston only freezing. It takes the fun out of the game. This is all on single player btw.

Could it be my PS3? Should I take it back and get another copy?

Great game though.

In a word, no, not had any problems

Ah, she bored me so I went off and did some missions elsewhere. I'll go back to her tonight. I'm an xbox user. What is this L1 you talk of? ;)

L1 on PS3 = LB on 360

This game is absolutely bloody brilliant. Full of action, the scripted sections I've seen so far are both brilliant in script and acting, and it looks fantastic as well.

All in all, a fantastic effort. This could be the first game to hook me more than GTA4.

Cracking game. Can't work out the dead eye system even though it was explained earlier in the game. Can anyone help?

You hold L2 as you normally would to aim and press R3 (push the right analog stick in). This slows everything down to make it easier to aim.

Don't hold R3 - just press it. To come back out again, just press it again.

You hold L2 as you normally would to aim and press R3 (push the right analog stick in). This slows everything down to make it easier to aim.

Don't hold R3 - just press it. To come back out again, just press it again.

Thank you kindly :toppa:

Haven't even tried multiplayer yet but I can imagine it would be epic.

Hows about a Saintsweb gang :D

Playing it on my 360 at the moment where I am banned from live. Might get it for my PS3 later just for the multiplayer.

Is this worth £40? That's pretty much 1/3 of my monthly wage...

It is an utterly fantastic game. If you liked GTA4, and you like the wild west setting, then you should love this.

But whether it's worth shelling out 1/3 of your monthly wage depends on what else you were planning on spending the money on!

Edited by gonzo

Nope nor has anyone else. Taking the game back Monday and demanding another one.

I'm having problems with the loading screen freezing everytime I exit the multiplayer. Seems like a few people are having problems with the game if you google it.

I've played a few hours - enjoying it but personally I don't think it's as good as GTA4. It's growing on me though the more I play - reminds me of Uncharted 2 with the graphics and gameplay.

Hows about a Saintsweb gang :D

Sounds like a plan! I haven't ventured into multiplayer yet (want to get fully to grips with the game so I don't just get owned continually) but will be keen for this soon...

I'm having problems with the loading screen freezing everytime I exit the multiplayer. Seems like a few people are having problems with the game if you google it.

I've been in multiplayer once, couldn't exit it at all. I'll take my game back on Monday and get another one. At least that way I can determine whether it's the game or the hardware of the PS3. F*CKING ANNOYING :rolleyes:

I've been in multiplayer once, couldn't exit it at all. I'll take my game back on Monday and get another one. At least that way I can determine whether it's the game or the hardware of the PS3. F*CKING ANNOYING :rolleyes:

I'm sure its the game, I seem to remember the same thing happening with (Rockstars) GTA4. They'll probably patch it soon.

It is an utterly fantastic game. If you liked GTA4, and you like the wild west setting, then you should love this.

But whether it's worth shelling out 1/3 of your monthly wage depends on what else you were planning on spending the money on!

Cheers for the reply, it does sound like a bloody good game, i'm a massive fan of the GTA series.

I've got £30 for my phone bill, then £40 on top of that for the game leaves me with £50 for the rest of the month. Do-able perhaps.

Having said that, I can net myself £50 if Italy win the WC this summer, so I could recoup my money!

I'm sure its the game, I seem to remember the same thing happening with (Rockstars) GTA4. They'll probably patch it soon.

Went to Game today and the manager there happily exchanged the disk but said it was probably my PS3. I went home and turned on the PS3 and a message came up saying "Hard drive corrupted" so I went along with what it said and reformatted it and restored it, only for the whole thing to die.

Now when I turn on my PS3 nothing happens, the game will go in alright, but you just get a blank black screen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new PS3 then, unless anyone knows if I can fix it?

:(

It is a common problem, happened to me just before xmas. Sadly there is not much you can do. Have to ring up Sony and ask them to fix it for you which is a mission in itself. But it will be cheaper then having to buy a whole new system.

Went to Game today and the manager there happily exchanged the disk but said it was probably my PS3. I went home and turned on the PS3 and a message came up saying "Hard drive corrupted" so I went along with what it said and reformatted it and restored it, only for the whole thing to die.

Now when I turn on my PS3 nothing happens, the game will go in alright, but you just get a blank black screen.

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a new PS3 then, unless anyone knows if I can fix it?

:(

C*nt of a thing to say I know, and I'm sorry.

But you should have bought an Xbox

I do need a new phone actually. Might well be worth looking into that.. Thanks.

My xbox was OOW so I simply edited the proof of purchase from play using photoshop - sent back to MS and they sent me a new one. The joys of buying from a rubbish, unorganised company though I guess. (not saying MS is unorganised, however the xbox part of their company certainly seems to be)

RedAndWhite91's boring PS3 issue update:

I somehow managed to revive the PS3, restored system settings and got it back on. Lost everything, but currently installing RDR. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Game still glitchy and buggy, due to the PS3. Need a new one ASAP then.

Edited by RedAndWhite91

RedAndWhite91's boring PS3 issue update:

I somehow managed to revive the PS3, restored system settings and got it back on. Lost everything, but currently installing RDR. Wish me luck.

EDIT: Game still glitchy and buggy, due to the PS3. Need a new one ASAP then.

You could try trading it in... as long as it works, I've heard Game will accept it as trade it - apparently they don't do a thorough check.

You could trade it for store credit and go spend it at another store.

One of my mates has offered his PS3 + 2 controllers for £120 so can't really turn that down. Could stick mine on eBay as parts, see what happens.

Hopefully I'll be on RDR soon properly, well up for the idea of a SWF posse clan thingy.

But they might find it dodgy if you trade one ps3 for a new one

I've heard that when you trade it in at Game, the check isn't particularly thorough (i.e. they turn it on to check it's not dead and that's about it). I appreciate trading it in may not be 100% ethical as there's a chance someone could end up with your old knackered ps3, which they would then have to return.