How much is the JPT worth to us?

Shroppie

Just wondered how much we have made from the JPT so far and what we would get if we win.

Can't be bad, as we've had decent crowds and one full house, two TV fees (?).

What cut do we get from the Wembley sales? And more TV fees for the Final, I assume.

Add prize money, if there is any, and I would have thought that it would at least have paid a transfer fee or two.

And then do we get a lifetime supply of Johnstone's Red and White paint? ;)

Just wondered how much we have made from the JPT so far and what we would get if we win.

What cut do we get from the Wembley sales? And more TV fees for the Final, I assume.

Add prize money, if there is any, and I would have thought that it would at least have paid a transfer fee or two.

4 I believe. Charlton home, MK Dons home/away and, of course, the final.

Don't think it will all add up to a great amount but money made all the same.

The merchandise (and Wembley coach travel!) could be the greatest earner, I seem to remember we made getting on for a £million in the Megastore in 2003?

When the JPT was set up in 2006 as the latest sponsors of the Football League Trophy, the prize fund was £350,000, with round winners receiving prize money and the Trophy winners getting £90,000. Unless the fund has been increases since 2006, it looks like Carlisle and Saints are playing for the £90,000 prize.

4 I believe. Charlton home, MK Dons home/away and, of course, the final.

Don't think it will all add up to a great amount but money made all the same.

The merchandise (and Wembley coach travel!) could be the greatest earner, I seem to remember we made getting on for a £million in the Megastore in 2003?

The MK home game wasn't on the box. Carlisle v Leeds was.

When the JPT was set up in 2006 as the latest sponsors of the Football League Trophy, the prize fund was £350,000, with round winners receiving prize money and the Trophy winners getting £90,000. Unless the fund has been increases since 2006, it looks like Carlisle and Saints are playing for the £90,000 prize.

Sure I read somewhere recently that the prize fund is now £500k.

No idea whether we get a share of the Wembley gate receipts, but clearly we'll have got money from the two TV appearances (Charlton and MK Dons first leg) as well as the big crowd for the MK Dons second leg.

No idea whether we get a share of the Wembley gate receipts, but clearly we'll have got money from the two TV appearances (Charlton and MK Dons first leg) as well as the big crowd for the MK Dons second leg.

In the JPT rules it mentions neutral grounds (but not Wembley). It says that the two participating teams get 40% of the gate with the remainder spilt between the FL pool and the host club. I would have thought that Wembley would want more than 10% though.

Its all about pride :)

So its a **** pot trophy, but we don't have too many items in our cabinet at the moment.

Spot on. Rebuilding needs to start somewhere, the JPT isn't the most prestigious bit of silverware but it was always the most likely one we would have a shot at this season. Next season we can pick it up again along with the League One winners spot. Season after that will be a toughy - hard to see us winning the Championship at the first time of asking, no JPT to compete in and realistically no hope of League or FA Cup glory.

as i said yesterday on another thread you need to look at (if you are inclined or interested) at the football league article 68. Not specific to the FLT but to

competitions with final phases on neutral grounds in general. There is a 'pool fund' which takes something from every match and half the final game receipts

(including advertising but not television rights) after all deductions are made. The two finalists share the other half of the final match profit (not revenue but profit after all deductions, travelling expenses for the teams etc)

In the round matches it's much the same as the FA Cup, 45% of profits to each side and 10% to the pool fund.The pool fund I suppose provides the prize money plus a share out amongst all the participating clubs.Although it will be a great day out for us all at Wembley we are putting our money into every other League 1/2 clubs coffers. As for the TV rights I guess the Football League just gets to keep them, maybe part of it goes to the pool fund and is shared out..couldn't say.

Lets not forget the £3 booking fee per ticket = £132k+ ...