I have a spare ticket for sale to charity!

Legod Third Coming

I posted this on the ticket thread but didn't get a single offer, maybe that thread has been forgotten, so here goes again... ;)

I have one spare ticket in Block 542.

I will sell it for Sport Relief (yes I have already donated as well!) through what is known as a 'blind auction'. You get one chance to make one bid, I will not go through all the hassle of advising running totals, etc.

Here is the deal:

PM me or email me your bid (list price £24) by close of play today - 22nd March (8pm GMT). You can email me at: stevejohnprior@hotmail.com

If you are the winning bidder, I will pm you back and ask for your address.

I will then post you the ticket recorded delivery on Tuesday.

YOU will then donate the sum you bid to Sport Relief - not to me.

How will I know you donated? Quite simply, I won't.

However, you will. And if you don't make the donation, you will have to live with the knowledge that you are a liar, a fraud and ripped off not only a fellow Saint but also a fellow man who watched his wife and unborn baby die of perfectly treatable malaria before his eyes. If you can live with that, then chances are you're not a Saint anyway so won't be bidding...

(If you don't hear from me, bad luck you were not the winning bidder. This is a blind auction and no repeat bids are allowed).

Edited by Legod Third Coming
Dislexyia!!

I posted this on the ticket thread but didn't get a single offer, maybe that thread has been forgotten, so here goes again... ;)

I have one spare ticket in Block 524.

I will sell it for Sport Relief (yes I have already donated as well!) through what is known as a 'blind auction'. You get one chance to make one bid, I will not go through all the hassle of advising running totals, etc.

Here is the deal:

PM me or email me your bid (list price £24) by close of play today - 22nd March (8pm GMT). You can email me at: stevejohnprior@hotmail.com

If you are the winning bidder, I will pm you back and ask for your address.

I will then post you the ticket recorded delivery on Tuesday.

YOU will then donate the sum you bid to Sport Relief - not to me.

How will I know you donated? Quite simply, I won't.

However, you will. And if you don't make the donation, you will have to live with the knowledge that you are a liar, a fraud and ripped off not only a fellow Saint but also a fellow man who watched his wife and unborn baby die of perfectly treatable malaria before his eyes. If you can live with that, then chances are you're not a Saint anyway so won't be bidding...

(If you don't hear from me, bad luck you were not the winning bidder. This is a blind auction and no repeat bids are allowed).

brilliant idea.

hope it works - and hope whoever wins, donates.

:smt059

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

I think you'll fall foul of the law here, I'm afraid. It is a criminal offence to sell a ticket for a sporting event at above face value even with a method such as this.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
He's not sold it though. Technically he has given it away.

Not according to the Law, I'm afraid. It's basic contract law; offer and acceptance of offer with consideration by both sides.

Not according to the Law, I'm afraid. It's basic contract law; offer and acceptance of offer with consideration by both sides.

I'm sure the law will look favourably on me - if not it's an ass!

And in case the law is worried, this will be costing me £24 plus recorded delivery...

So I suspect I would be the worst tout in Christendom. ;)

(BTW - I spent all week dodging touts in the Cheltenham car park (owned and operated by Jockey Club Racecourses) - just a little tip for our law-enforcement offices out there...)

I think you'll fall foul of the law here, I'm afraid. It is a criminal offence to sell a ticket for a sporting event at above face value even with a method such as this.

No, it's not. As long as the seller discloses the face value of the ticket honestly, if a buyer wishes to offer above that, then he can sell at the agreed price.

I agree though that it may be better - for clear visibility, transparency - for the seller to receive the money and donate it to charity himself.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
I'm sure the law will look favourably on me - if not it's an ass!

And in case the law is worried, this will be costing me £24 plus recorded delivery...

So I suspect I would be the worst tout in Christendom. ;)

(BTW - I spent all week dodging touts in the Cheltenham car park (owned and operated by Jockey Club Racecourses) - just a little tip for our law-enforcement offices out there...)

I don't doubt your motives one little bit; just worried for you that you may get into the poo with SFC. Run it by David Luker first to make sure that the club are happy for you to dispose of it in this way otherwise you may find yourself persona non grata at St Marys.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1999577,00.html

I once saw a tv program about touts and if I remember correctly, you are not creaking the law if you "charge an administration fee on top of the face value". It's then upto the buyer whether they are happy to pay it!! The seller should I believe disclose this admin fe when selling but who has ever heard a tout saying words to the effect of "£100 for this £40 ticket which includes my admin fee"!!! It's interesting!

Can't believe anyone in this instance would be too agrieved at your generosity!

How much did you raise?

Thanks to all those who bid, the winning bidder is welcome to come on and disclose themselves - I'm not really sure that's my place. He has been informed and has promised to send me proof of donation. Tbh, we've all got Photoshop so I am relying on him being a true SAINT!

Apologies to those who did not win, good luck in your search.

Thanks to all those who bid, the winning bidder is welcome to come on and disclose themselves - I'm not really sure that's my place. He has been informed and has promised to send me proof of donation. Tbh, we've all got Photoshop so I am relying on him being a true SAINT!

Apologies to those who did not win, good luck in your search.

How do I upload my picture of a penny?

;-)

Seriously now, great idea m8 and I offer legend status to you, I too gave up 3 tickets for face value to LVSaint.

Surely he can add on an administration charge.

Saints did x 44,000