Will Kelvin and Wotton play tonight??

The Fat Controller

But didn't someone serve a suspension earlier in the season (Tottman?), by missing a game he wasn't eligible for anyway?

He missed an FA Cup game that Preston didn't want him to play in anyway. He was eligible to play in the FA Cup by the rules of the competition ergo it was a valid match for him to sit out the suspension.

Edited by SaintDonkey
typo

He missed an FA Cup game that Preston didn't want him to play in anyway. He was eligible to play in the FA Cup by the rules of the competition ergo it was a valid match for him to sit out the suspension.

Yes, Safri did something similar a few years ago, getting booked the match before the ACON I think.

Me, I'd rest everyone possible today and play a team something like:

Bart

James - Seaborne - Perry - Mills

Antonio - Wotton - Gillett - Holmes

Waigo - Barnard

It may not win, but I wouldn't risk Rickie missing a Wembley final on the off chance we can knock a couple of points off a 13 point deficit. That team could beat Hartlepool anyway IMO.

Yes, Safri did something similar a few years ago, getting booked the match before the ACON I think.

Bart

Waigo - Barnard

It may not win, but I wouldn't risk Rickie missing a Wembley final on the off chance we can knock a couple of points off a 13 point deficit. That team could beat Hartlepool anyway IMO.

James and Antonio are injured. AP has said he will play his strongest possible team because every game is a 'cup final'. That said, I don't think Lallana or Jaidi will be risked.

Bart

Waigo - Barnard

You can't just put a team out that haven't played together all season and expect to win. Hartlepool will be a tough side to break down initially. I expect Rickie & Lallana to play for about 70mins and if we have a two goal cushion then they will be brought off. Why is Puncheon not in the team, he can't play on Sunday. These players are professional athelete's, should be able to play 3 games in a week and there is every chance someone could get injured tonight as against MK Dons on Saturday.

Bart

Waigo - Barnard

If that team sheet is read out I will go back to the pub.

You can't just put a team out that haven't played together all season and expect to win. Hartlepool will be a tough side to break down initially. I expect Rickie & Lallana to play for about 70mins and if we have a two goal cushion then they will be brought off. Why is Puncheon not in the team, he can't play on Sunday. These players are professional athelete's, should be able to play 3 games in a week and there is every chance someone could get injured tonight as against MK Dons on Saturday.

Anyway AP seems to deal with the issue in his pre-match piece. Reports on injuries and the like and then says anyone not putting in 100% tonight might lose his Wembley place (other than the non-eligible players of course).

So I guess it will be a pretty standard look team apart from the injured players.

KD

Harding

Seaborne

Fonté

Mills

Hammond

Puncheon

Papa

Morgan

Lambert

Barnard