Is Saints Player really so poo ?

alpine_saint

Seems to be my only option for following the JPT final live.

Must admit that my enthusiasm for it is growing now the league games are out-of-the-way..

Alpine,

As a fan living outside of the UK as well, I would recommend Saints Player. There have a few hiccups; but not many!! Interviews, highlights and whole match replays for home games are good value for the annual fee. The audio live coverage of games isn't too bad either...I'm even warming to Dave Merrington's special comments.

Overall it's much better quality and value for money than the old Saints TV.

Alpine,

As a fan living outside of the UK as well, I would recommend Saints Player. There have a few hiccups; but not many!! Interviews, highlights and whole match replays for home games are good value for the annual fee. The audio live coverage of games isn't too bad either...I'm even warming to Dave Merrington's special comments.

Overall it's much better quality and value for money than the old Saints TV.

Yes, and the cut-out are on the decline.

They seem committed to making it work.

Arbosolootly.

Edited by CanadaSaint

I was on the verge of cancelling it a couple of months back, but in fairness they have pulled their finger out in the last few weeks. It cuts out less, and there is no dead air now, which was appalling in the first place.

It is a very poor substitute for being there or TV but when there is no other option its definitely better than nothing. I am hoping that the final will be on the box over here, but seriously doubt it, so I will either have to stream or use saints player. I am sure there are many others in the same boat as me.

I read somewhere the clocks change, so we need to be aware of this to ensure we dont tune in an hour late, which has happened to me in the past for an england game - mare.

Good luck on Sunday boys.

Saints Player has certainly improved over the last few months, quite possibly due to them being bombarded with emails from us whingeing expats ;)

The cut outs are virtually non existant and they stay with the post match chat and interviews, where as before they cut it off a few mins after bthe game. Highlights of the games and Interviews obviously are a big plus, as BBC / Virgin etc are not available overseas.

The pre match stuff is pretty p!ss poor though, especially if Skatesmuff, Bomo or Eastleigh! etc are playing at the same time.

The words "Ëxclusive Coverage" do not sit comfortably at all ... it is just Radio Solent nothing more, nothing less :cool:

It still can't match Saints TV for exclusitivity, but it's certainly better than sweet fanny adams..... as an expat it quite simply is a neccessity.

Match day coverage on Sunday starts at 0900 so they say!! Better than the normal 30 mins before.

How the world has moved on. Back in my teens ( a few years ago now) if I was playing football on Saturdays and if my Dad didn't take down the football results at 5pm I sometimes didn't know Saints' result until the Sunday papers, although the written reports were a lot better then. Then there were the years when I would wait at the newsagents by New Milton station for the Pink Paper on a Saturday evening. Not even teletext in those days, let alone the web! When I'm not at a game, I love Saints Player now that the frustrating performance probs have been ironed out.