St Mirren V Celtic

St Landrew

I must be so bored today. Finished all my work. All the stuff I have to do is out of doors, and I'm not doing that right now. So I went to the BBC Football website and saw that St Mirren had tonked Celtic 4-0. Watching the highlights threw up several points in my mind. Firstly, that when I heard that Celtic had appointed Tony Mowbray as manager, back at the start of the season, I thought they were either broke, daft, lost whatever ambition they'd ever had, and possibly all three. Nobody is knocking Mowbray as a manager, who gets his teams to play very attractive football. But just don't think you'll actually win anything with him in charge. Next, it was curious to hear another side being referred to as Saints. What on earth does one do if Saints ever play... the Saints..? Lastly, I couldn't help but giggle when I saw a Celtic shirt had been thrown onto the pitch, obviously from a spectator. This is a person who, season after season, can reasonably expect the team to either win the League/Cup or both, get into the Champions or Europa League, and do it quite comfortably, whilst hardly ever watching the team lose. Basically, it's a bit of a comfy ride. But not this season. One season in how many..? Ever since the club was formed..? I'm not going to bother to research it, I just think it's a laughable response from a so-called football supporter who should try following a proper team. Not one that exists in a league, where there is usually barely any competition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8586403.stm

How could they have taken the manager from the team that finished bottom (?) of the premiership with West Brom and expected him to be good enough for a team pushing for a league title? Always was a cr**py choice as manager and it is no surprise what so ever that he has done so badly. Never has had the look or feel or a proper manager. Lower leagues here you come Tony.

well, they did want WGS out..

What Celtic supporters want is a return to the old times, that is the equivalent of being managed by Jock Stein and winning the Scottish Premier League and Cup every time they can be bothered to show up.

Unfortunately for them, somewhere along the line, they've taken a few steps down the ladder of public notice. They may still be one of the top two clubs in Scotland, but they are no longer automatically uttered in the same sentence as ManU, Arsenal, etc... They simply do not have the presence they used to have, back in the 60's and 70's, when they could, almost certainly, rightly claim to be the best team in the UK.

The times, they are a-changin'.