iPhone jailbreak

Huffton

I've been googling this hours and gettin more confused by the minute.:rolleyes:

Basically I have an iphone 3gs that has been updated to the 3.1.3 software. Is it possible to jailbreak this? Some sites seem to think you can do it if it is a 'non MC' model, whereas other sites don't even mention it.

Does anyone have a simple answer?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
Shame you can't unlock the phone yet though. :(

Considering that nobody expected anyone to spend much time with trying to jb 3.1.3 because 4.0 is coming, it's a bonus to have 3.1.3 jailbroken at all. Besides, mine is factory unlocked anyway 8)

In reply to all of you that were wondering. I don't really have much idea about the phones but have had my Iphone Jailbroke by someone else.

The actual process takes about 10 seconds through a computer. It automatically adds an app called Cydia to your phone. Once you've got

this you can do things like change your wallpaper, screensaver, ringtones to pretty much anything you want.

Also, if you download

Installous from Cydia it is basically an app store for free.

I have downloaded Football Manager, Tiger Woods, The Sims, a £70 Sat-Nav,

all for nothing. I mean for Installous it's worth doing it just for that, pretty much never have to pay for an app again.

I haven't gone in to too much detail as like I said I don't no very much but this is what I did know.

In reply to all of you that were wondering. I don't really have much idea about the phones but have had my Iphone Jailbroke by someone else.

The actual process takes about 10 seconds through a computer. It automatically adds an app called Cydia to your phone. Once you've got

this you can do things like change your wallpaper, screensaver, ringtones to pretty much anything you want.

Also, if you download

all for nothing. I mean for Installous it's worth doing it just for that, pretty much never have to pay for an app again.

I haven't gone in to too much detail as like I said I don't no very much but this is what I did know.

What features have you lost by jailbreaking? Visual Voicemail? Anything else?

Also, if you download

i cant find installous on cydia???

hello, what is the cheapest deal on an iphone and should i wait? thanks

I think you might be best off waiting until the fourth generation iPhone is released (probably on sale in July) and then getting a 3GS (the current model) which will then be quite a bit cheaper.

Or looking at some of the Android phones, which do seem quite good.

I think you might be best off waiting until the fourth generation iPhone is released (probably on sale in July) and then getting a 3GS (the current model) which will then be quite a bit cheaper.

Or looking at some of the Android phones, which do seem quite good.

my friend has htc (?) any good?

what are android?

ok, best thing im enjoying so far is being able to record movies and download them to my mac/pc. Not *quite* as good as having a 3gs as I can't email or edit them on the iphone, but its pretty damn close :D

I have been offered an iphone 3GS through a work deal for £300 with a £10 per month data plan. Calls etc are covered by the work plan. I am wondering whether to take the offer or wait until I can upgrade my 3 plan and get an HTC Desire.