Last nights Ref was a disgrace

Raven on the wing

First half he barely gave us a throw in and second half missed a stonewall penalty ! Just seen it again on Meridian - the guy has moved his arm to the ball and clearly deflected it massive appeal by the whole stadium and 3 Saints players standing within a few yards - but not given - Puncheon shoots powerfully well parried by keeper to Otsemaboor who heads weakly in to goalies arms - summed up our night. I also didnot agree with Echo that we looked tired last night - we gave everything it was just the ref who gave us nothing (again ! )

Whilst the ref was culpable of some shocking, shocking decisions, I really don't believe we done enough. For me, I thought we looked like we could potentially have gone up another couple of gears. Tired? Yes, a little. Good performance? Average.

Oldham were terrible though - absolutely no intention of playing football.

Whilst the ref was culpable of some shocking, shocking decisions, I really don't believe we done enough. For me, I thought we looked like we could potentially have gone up another couple of gears. Tired? Yes, a little. Good performance? Average.

Oldham were terrible though - absolutely no intention of playing football.

Exactly right; far to easy to blame the ref. We had enough chances and on another night could have scored 2 or 3, it just didn't fall for us. I didn't think the players looked tired at all, that's an easy excuse to make when you don't win. I think we just ran out of ideas and our attacking ploy of hoisting it to the far post almost every time was meat and drink for their meathead centre backs. We needed a bit of something extra to break through, and on the night couldn't do it. It happens.

And seeing the Oldham players high fiving and celebrating after the final whistle shows they got exactly all they came for.

Personally I thought he had a really good game - didn't miss a trick. If I saw him out of an evening I would shake his hand and tell him what a splendid piece of work he did. I would congratulate him on his even handed handling of the match and his amazing ability to spot infringements warranting a penalty at least 10 yards distant - and on at least two occasions! I would recommend him to the FA for the next Skates match, as he is clearly operating at a level unbefitting his immense skill.

Then I would kick his nuts so far up inside, he would be able to kiss them better.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM
typo

Personally I thought he had a really good game - didn't miss a trick. If I saw him out of an evening I would shake his hand and tell him what a splendid piece of work he did. I would congratulate him on his even handed handling of the match and his amazing ability to spot infringements warranting a penalty at least 10 yards distant - and on at least two occasions! I would recommend him to the FA for the next Skates match, as he is clearly operating at a level unbefitting his immense skill.

Then I would kick his nuts so far up inside, he would be able to kiss them better.

I noticed your edit, was not your entire first paragraph a typo? ;)

No Ref can be worse than Peter Walton a few weeks ago, last nights was another poor one but that's the way the cards fall.

+1

Nobody would ever be as bad as that guy for the Leeds game.

The ball just wasn't gonna go in last night, if we we're still there now it would still be 0-0.

One of those nights- just the wrong time to have it :(

The Leeds ref, Walton, was worse. But people develop selective memory loss, partly because of the passage of time and partly because the stakes were higher last night, so the anger, frustration and disappointment are greater. And we only drew, whereas with Walton, we won.

Also, Walton was supposed to be of Premiership standard, so his inability to do a proper job was all the more alarming.