Vince Cable bashing

Sergei Gotsmanov

Driving home from work this evening they were talking about Vince Cable on 5 Live. And particularly how he performed under scrutiny in todays show. They suggested VC's previous popularity is in danger if carries on performing like this.

That said whilst George "mummys boy" Osbourne is on the podium no-one else is gonna look a bigger ****.

Edited by dune

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a muppet guess you dont like Osbourne Dune but he has never performed as bad as that, I would love Clarke for the torys in that position but I think out of the three there I would have to say Osbourne. Bias I know!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a muppet guess you dont like Osbourne Dune but he has never performed as bad as that, I would love Clarke for the torys in that position but I think out of the three there I would have to say Osbourne. Bias I know!!!!

Rumour has it that senior Tories are fuming about George Osbourne's performances. They're also fuming about Cameron agreeing to do the debates when he didn't have to given the 10 point lead but that's another story. Osbourne is just totally out of his depth - i wouldn't even have him on a parish council let alone in government.

Osbourne makes Cable look like an economic giant.

The less said about Darling the better.

Whilst I think all tories are c*nts and lower than a skate bast*rd I really cannot understand why Citizen Dave, the ordinary chap, didn't appoint Clarke in place of Osbourne. It's an insane decision.

Even us lefties appreciate that Clarke knows what he's on about.

Osbourne makes Cable look like an economic giant.

The less said about Darling the better.

Whilst I think all tories are c*nts and lower than a skate bast*rd I really cannot understand why Citizen Dave, the ordinary chap, didn't appoint Clarke in place of Osbourne. It's an insane decision.

Even us lefties appreciate that Clarke knows what he's on about.

Ken Clarke like many of us, is a compassionate Tory who believes that you have to create wealth from the private sector to improve services. We have the same aims but not the same method. Like Pompey you cannot just borrow.

Rumour has it that senior Tories are fuming about George Osbourne's performances. They're also fuming about Cameron agreeing to do the debates when he didn't have to given the 10 point lead but that's another story. Osbourne is just totally out of his depth - i wouldn't even have him on a parish council let alone in government.

I think having the debate is a good thing, we need a PM to be able to do this and I really think that DC has the potential to be a great PM.

I think George was already in that position when Clarke came on board largely to help him therefor any policies will be good. Maybe its a but like Brown showing Darling how to be rubbish but hopefully the other way round!

Osbourne of the little I saw on the news shot Darling down and Cable just looked lost when he actually had to answer rather than pick holes in an idea.

I have always liked Hague and he is brilliant at winning a debate. Blair who is good just couldnt handle him

Edited by OldNick

Osbourne of the little I saw on the news shot Darling down and Cable just looked lost when he actually had to answer rather than pick holes in an idea.

I have always liked Hague and he is brilliant at winning a debate. Blair who is good just couldnt handle him

I don't remember that. My memory of Blair is him wiping the table with anyone the Tories put in front of him.

Up to this point, both Cameron and Osbourne look like frightened rabbits staring at the headlights, in the televised debates.

I don't think the country wants Blair Mk2, all smiles and spin in number ten. The Tories would have been better of electing David Davies as their leader. That said, I think the Liberals have peaked too early.

I don't remember that. My memory of Blair is him wiping the table with anyone the Tories put in front of him.

Up to this point, both Cameron and Osbourne look like frightened rabbits staring at the headlights, in the televised debates.

I don't think the country wants Blair Mk2, all smiles and spin in number ten. The Tories would have been better of electing David Davies as their leader. That said, I think the Liberals have peaked too early.

Hague did and Blair changed the amount of time for PMQ's

I can only recall Hague's monotone getting well beaten in their exchanges, and Blair winning the 2001 election by a landslide.

If you think the majority of voters listen to PMQ I think you are wrong. Blair did the best stitch up of the nation ever, and if you think he is good and a top PM then I feel for you

If you think the majority of voters listen to PMQ I think you are wrong. Blair did the best stitch up of the nation ever, and if you think he is good and a top PM then I feel for you

When did I say he was good, or a top PM? I just can't remember Hague coming off better in his exchanges with Blair. Like him or not, the fact is he wiped the floor with the Tories just like Thatcher did to the Labour Party.

Blair, like Thatcher, was in power for too long and let it go to his head.

William Hague went for the leadership too early, the Tories should have held their nose and gone with Clarke after '97.

Personally I would have liked to see David Davis lead the party, but would settle for Portillo or Hague. It's a pity that the rabid right of the party didn't do what the Labour left did with Blair and tolerate one of Clarke or Portillo. I guess their principles are to be admired in some way, but it certainly have a negitive efect on the Party nationally.

Ken Clarke made some very telling observations about Cable the other morning. He said he'd known him for years and that he agreed with 80% of what Cable said, and had done for years. However, he said he couldn't believe Cable had let himself get signed up to this income tax cut and that it was pressure for the leadership that forced it on him.