Hants v Notts

chrisobee

Teams :

Hants : Carberry, Adams, Benham , McKenzie, Vince, Pothas*† ,Ervine, Cork, Kabeer, Herath, Griffiths

Notts : Edwards, Shafayat, Wagh, Amla, Patel, Brown, Read*†, Mullaney, Franks, Pattinson, Shreck

Hants won toss again and chose to bat but same old story, 180/6 with Carberry not out 74 and Cork on 3. Adams made 15, Benham 9, Mckenzie( in spite of practicing until dark on Sunday) 2, Vince 39 ( played quite well but got out when well set), Pothas 6, Ervine 25.

Only good thing is our bowling should be stronger with Cork and Herath playing.

Meanwhile at the Oval Tremlett has taken 3-25 for Surrey !

33/3

maybe because of our recent pants games we were fooled into thinking we batted terribly again. Could be that 300 is a decent score on a lively track...?

I had the same thought but wasn't going to say it ! Remember we had Warwickshire on the ropes!

42-4 Amla out for 5. Ervine's 1st ball, caught down the legside by Pothas. :D

Its the hope that kills you.

It is though I'm looking forward to Herath bowling though maybe not until this afternoon or maybe an over or 2 before lunch if no more wickets fall.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
It's OK, Samit Patel's at the crease and lunch is approaching... he'll want to be back in the pavilion as quickly as possible :D

He's out, straight after lunch. Maybe he hadn't had time for seconds and is off back to minesweep.

It's OK, Samit Patel's at the crease and lunch is approaching... he'll want to be back in the pavilion as quickly as possible :D

As it is nearly tea time any suggestions as to why Ali Brown might want to get out !

shaping up to be a good game. reckon we'll get the breakthough soon, then skittle the rest with a lead of 25-30...

i predict our first win of the season!

Are you sure !? From 123/6 to 206/6 doesn't suggest a wicket any time soon let alone all 4 !

Why can't we bowl out the lower order - didn't this happen a couple of matches ago?

Paul Franks is a fairly decent batsmen and is batting at 9 which suggests they bat a long way down (Same as Warwickshire). However, neither Pattinson nor Shreck are very good with the bat so I would hope if we can get one more we will knock the tail over quite quickly.

274/7 so still plenty in the game. At least Herath had a good spell, 26 overs, 2-44. Batting 1st thing in the morning looks to be the most difficult so we SHOULD manage to stop them getting too much of a lead........ I hope !!

42-4 Amla out for 5. Ervine's 1st ball, caught down the legside by Pothas. :D

Its the hope that kills you.

Doesn't it just as Notts cruise past 300 and still only 7 down having been 33/4 and 123/6. This is getting so predictable.

Edit: Last 10 overs, 54/0 :(

Edited by chrisobee

329 all out, not too painful in the end.

Much better than I expected, Corky finishing with 4-39!

Now time for the batsman besides Carbs to do the businesss, bat well and we COULD still win this but probably won't :D

shaping up to be a good game. reckon we'll get the breakthough soon, then skittle the rest with a lead of 25-30...

i predict our first win of the season!

i was psot on...give them a lead of about 25-30...

shame carbs has gone but we will overcome....

We're f*cked

We'll see, the others need to now get their acts together and we bat down to 9 with Cork in the side. 300 or so should set up an interesting game. 51/1 is off 11 overs only so a more than useful start even with Carbs out.

McKenzie's been an unmitigated disaster so far.

Was going to post something similar. I didn't see why we should have been allowed to sign him as a Kolpak player in the first place but did expect him to be half decent. Now I've go a double downer on him!

In other news, England seem to be doing ok in the Twenty20.

Without wishing to put the mockers on we're cruising it. About 36 needed at a run a ball, 8 wickets left and KP in full flow. Surely even England will win from here !?

Was going to post something similar. I didn't see why we should have been allowed to sign him as a Kolpak player in the first place but did expect him to be half decent. Now I've go a double downer on him!

Some Kolpak players are good but we've signed a few stinkers, who was the bowler we signed mid season 2-3 years ago who barely took a wicket ?

Without wishing to put the mockers on we're cruising it. About 36 needed at a run a ball, 8 wickets left and KP in full flow. Surely even England will win from here !?

England win by 6 wickets, KP 70* off 52 balls :)