Crystal Palace- 'On a knife edge'

spyinthesky

Sad state of affairs as they seemed a better bet for a buyer than that lot down the road who have obviously made a pact with the devil as they seem unconcerned about coming out of their admin.

Presumably Cardiff FC will be in similar dire straits having not got promoted and due back in court for another liquidation hearing next month.

Mods! can we keep the Babyish, childish, and very immature remarks about us the blue few to the pwopa Fred cheers,;)

They don't want to see Palace go under... talks are ongoing...

So they haven't agreed yet with 3 minutes left... just noise from the bank to try and limit the damage...

Looks like bad news to me rather than good sounds.

They don't want to see Palace go under... talks are ongoing...

So they haven't agreed yet with 3 minutes left... just noise from the bank to try and limit the damage...

Looks like bad news to me rather than good sounds.

That's what they're saying on Sky Sports News; however, Radio 5 live are apparently saying that CPFC 2010 have walked away from the deal.

600+ members and nearly 1000 guests online so the site is super slow. Protests or something going on, hoping a deal could have been done.

And what do SSN show? The England squad and Theo being dropped.

600+ members and nearly 1000 guests online so the site is super slow. Protests or something going on, hoping a deal could have been done.

And what do SSN show? The England squad and Theo being dropped.

To be fair, the World Cup Squad is of direct interest to every fan in England.

Palace having troubles is of direct interest to Palace fans and maybe their direct rivals, and only passing interest to everyone else. SSN are just playing the numbers, they have advertising to sell, hence the relative amount of coverage.

True but I'd rather hear about this situation than that, that could wait a day or two.

-------------

''ADMINISTRATOR Brendan Guilfoyle has admitted that the deadline to begin the liquidation of Crystal Palace is likely to slip as "significant progress" has been made in the negotiations.

The CPFC 2010 consortium released a statement yesterday stating that if no deal had been agreed on the purchase of Selhurst Park by 3pm this afternoon, Guilfoyle would begin to sell off the club’s top players.

Darren Ambrose will be the first to leave with a £750,000 switch to Queens Park Rangers already agreed.

However, Guilfoyle has been informed that 2010 and Lloyds Banking Group - the chief creditors in the Selhurst Park administration - are in direct contact and that a deal is now close.

“The 3pm deadline is not set in stone by me, of course I will give 2010 the time to negotiate the deal,” he said. “The bank are telling me they are now fully engaged with the consortium and significant progress has been made on the sale of the stadium.

"Apparently they are very close to sealing a deal, so things are looking positive."

Stay logged on to this web-site for all the latest developments.

CROYDON ADVERTISER''

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/BREAKING-NEWS-Administrator-admits-Palace-deadline-likely-pass-negotiations-continue/article-2238185-detail/article.html

---------------

4pm deadline now?

True but I'd rather hear about this situation than that, that could wait a day or two.

-------------

''ADMINISTRATOR Brendan Guilfoyle has admitted that the deadline to begin the liquidation of Crystal Palace is likely to slip as "significant progress" has been made in the negotiations.

The CPFC 2010 consortium released a statement yesterday stating that if no deal had been agreed on the purchase of Selhurst Park by 3pm this afternoon, Guilfoyle would begin to sell off the club’s top players.

Darren Ambrose will be the first to leave with a £750,000 switch to Queens Park Rangers already agreed.

However, Guilfoyle has been informed that 2010 and Lloyds Banking Group - the chief creditors in the Selhurst Park administration - are in direct contact and that a deal is now close.

“The 3pm deadline is not set in stone by me, of course I will give 2010 the time to negotiate the deal,” he said. “The bank are telling me they are now fully engaged with the consortium and significant progress has been made on the sale of the stadium.

"Apparently they are very close to sealing a deal, so things are looking positive."

Stay logged on to this web-site for all the latest developments.

CROYDON ADVERTISER''

http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/sport/BREAKING-NEWS-Administrator-admits-Palace-deadline-likely-pass-negotiations-continue/article-2238185-detail/article.html

---------------

4pm deadline now?

Fingers crossed that's correct and Radio5 were being too hasty in stating 2010 had walked away.

"11th hour deal was completed" It's always so dramatic. Start the day saying more than likely they'll be liquidated by 3pm. Come 3pm they're saved. I'm glad they're safe and sound but is anyone lower then say League 1 ever going to be liquidated, I doubt it.