Forgetting your season ticket

for_heaven's_Saint

Serious?!! That's a bit carp.

You'd at least think they'd have worked out that buying another ticket would be cheaper and it would therefore mean you to take up another seat that someone else could have purchased, leaving yours empty still (guessing they wouldn't then sell your seat if you bought one elsewhere?!) wonder if you could purchase a new ticket but specify that you want your ST seat and whether the worker would say that it is unavailable lol

Could understand it being 15 quid tops to cover the admin of reproducing a ticket and as a warning for being a donut twice.

Read paragraph 9 of the conditions of issue of season tickets 2010/2011

"In the event of this Season ticket being forgotten or lost in respect of any indervidual match the club shall not be obliged to issue any other form of ticket to the said match. If at the clubs discretion a match ticket day duplicate ticket is issued to the holder a charge will be payable by the holder in the sum of £10.00 which is non refundable"

so dunno where they are getting £30 from if you forget it again. Looks like you were lucky to get it for free this time though! lol

"In the event of this Season ticket being forgotten or lost in respect of any indervidual match the club shall not be obliged to issue any other form of ticket to the said match. If at the clubs discretion a match ticket day duplicate ticket is issued to the holder a charge will be payable by the holder in the sum of £10.00 which is non refundable"

so dunno where they are getting £30 from if you forget it again. Looks like you were lucky to get it for free this time though! lol

10 quid is more like it. I'd go for 10 quid a time over 30 after the second! I mean, you're not gonna forget it 3 times are ya.

Ha well looks like I saved myself a tenner then! However, I don't know why it should really cost more than about 50p, because it's just a case of printing a normal ticket and stamping 'duplicate' on it.

I don`t think that this is anything new. I`ve had an ST for many years and I think that has been the case for a long time.

You are right this has been on season tickets for a few seasons. But to be fair to the club I forgot my ST 3 times last season and twice the season before and was expecting to have to pay £10 but they just gave me an ordinary ticket stamped duplicate. I live inn London so can't just 'nip' home to get it.

My mate forgot his ST at the Plymouth game and was told a re-issued one was free for the first time,but after that he would have to pay £30,but this would be refunded when he next showed the ticket office his forgoten ticket.

So really apart from the inconvienance of having to pay £30 upfront the second time,it would cost you anything.

My mate forgot his ST at the Plymouth game and was told a re-issued one was free for the first time,but after that he would have to pay £30,but this would be refunded when he next showed the ticket office his forgoten ticket.

So really apart from the inconvienance of having to pay £30 upfront the second time,it would cost you anything.

Oh right, they didn't tell me I'd get my money back, just that it'd cost me £30.

Ha well looks like I saved myself a tenner then! However' date=' I don't know why it should really cost more than about 50p, because it's just a case of printing a normal ticket and stamping 'duplicate' on it.[/quote']

It costs more than 50p, you have to pay for admin, the paper, ink etc. £5 is more likely to be the cost but they want to discourage it so they charge more. It was £10 10 years ago so you can't complain

It's just to a thing they say to get people to remember the ticket next time. I bet there isn't a single instance of someone being charged for it. It's just reserving the right to do something that they are never going to do. I'm sure a few seasons ago I forgot mine 5 or 6 times and each time they said next time I would have to pay.

It's just to a thing they say to get people to remember the ticket next time. I bet there isn't a single instance of someone being charged for it. It's just reserving the right to do something that they are never going to do. I'm sure a few seasons ago I forgot mine 5 or 6 times and each time they said next time I would have to pay.

Things have changed now.

I've got a personal axe to grind so I'll post something totally irrelevant so we can have another NC bashing thread because that's what everyone needs and wants

If you read the thread you'll see that several posters have said it has NOT changed and has been like it for 10 years.

Whatever, lets get Lowe back, maybe that will make you happy.

If you read the thread you'll see that several posters have said it has NOT changed and has been like it for 10 years.

Surely we can blame NC for making people forget their season tickets and then charging them over the odds can't we? :lol:

Edited by ericofarabia

Oh you mean like the Instalment Plan ?

This thread wasn't designed as a pop at anyone' date=' just a warning. As usual people have to make it into a pro or against Cortese thread. Get a life.[/quote']

I've added the smiley which i didn't think my post needed to let everybody know it was an attempt at humour :cry:

I blame the mods for making it so difficult to post a smiley, all the extra functions needed etc.

Oooppps so forgot the blame society bit .... sorry!! ;)

No. Although you may as well buy another ticket for cheaper.

As you stated in your OP, it's free 1st time.

And as somebody else pointed out, the club have to safeguard against people saying they've forgotten it, giving it to somebody else and then they sit in one of the numerous empty seats.

I wonder how many people realised that the club would let you in for free in the first place? Your post will be useful for any genuine forgetfuls who may have given up on going to the game once they realised they'd set off without their ST and gone shopping with the missus instead.

wtf? Mate I never said I disagreed with it. I just imagine that things have changed and it is no longer an idle threat. I think you need to stop reading something which isn't there.