Not me guv.

1965onwards

Yet again from JP it is all the players fault and nothing to do with him or the coaching.

If he carries on in the same vein he will soon lose the dressing room,just like Burley did.

These boys may still be grateful for the chances they are getting,but this will soon wear off.

Perry and Wooton will already be getting fed up with being the whipping boys.

Getting the impression that JP has an ego to match Lowes'.

Are you the new Nick h?

He has a point to be fair.

When Burley was blaming players instead of acceting his part in defeats

he was slated so why not JP?

Yeah he does have a point but does it require starting many new threads, all saying the same thing??

The extreme reactions when we win or lose on here make me laugh, it's one extreme or another, no happy medium...!

Yet again from JP it is all the players fault and nothing to do with him or the coaching.

If he carries on in the same vein he will soon lose the dressing room,just like Burley did.

These boys may still be grateful for the chances they are getting,but this will soon wear off.

I havent read any post/match comments from him yet.

Has he really started doing this ? So much for the "refreshing change" from Burley then...

Yeah he does have a point but does it require starting many new threads, all saying the same thing??

The extreme reactions when we win or lose on here make me laugh, it's one extreme or another, no happy medium...!

The reactions will always be like that,it`s just some of us do no subscribe to "we

are world beaters" as soon as we win because we know it is just papering over

the cracks.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

The fact that JP made three subs together suggests to me that he didnt have a clue how to counter the attacking threat from Coventry.

If JP hasnt got any ideas how to learn from mistakes,( like playing one striker up front) ,then blaming the team when things go wrong will only have a negative affect.

I havent read any post/match comments from him yet.

Has he really started doing this ? So much for the "refreshing change" from Burley then...

In his post match verdict it says "Poortvliet is not overly concerned"

Now that is a worry as he must think all is well.

I have not seen one comment from him so far that suggests that any problems are not the sole fault of the players.

Considering that he picks the plaeyrs and tells them where and how to play,he needs to start looking at himself and his coaches.

The lads may be raw,but they are capable of a whole lot better under better direction.

Players, management and boardroom all equally to blame for this mess IMO. Perhaps more tragic that it doesn't have to be this way.

If we had Pearson in charge, we'd kept Rasiak and Saga and we're shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing John or Skacel, we wouldn't be in this mess. Please don't tell me we couldn't afford to because it's bull. The increased gate receipts for a start would cover a lot of the cost and we spent a reasonable amount of cash on MS, not to mention loans/wages on Pekhart, Robertson, Pulis, Forecast, Dyer and Gasmi.

Players, management and boardroom all equally to blame for this mess IMO. Perhaps more tragic that it doesn't have to be this way.

If we had Pearson in charge, we'd kept Rasiak and Saga and we're shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing John or Skacel, we wouldn't be in this mess. Please don't tell me we couldn't afford to because it's bull. The increased gate receipts for a start would cover a lot of the cost and we spent a reasonable amount of cash on MS, not to mention loans/wages on Pekhart, Robertson, Pulis, Forecast and Gasmi.

We are a plc. The accounts are in public. Go and look yourself rather than sticking your head up your arse. Still, we all know you don't have any idea as to what's going on - you prove it with every post.

If we had Pearson in charge, we'd kept Rasiak and Saga and we're shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing John or Skacel, we wouldn't be in this mess. Please don't tell me we couldn't afford to because it's bull. The increased gate receipts for a start would cover a lot of the cost and we spent a reasonable amount of cash on MS, not to mention loans/wages on Pekhart, Robertson, Pulis, Forecast, Dyer and Gasmi.

This is a good point.

I said the very same thing a while back.

This cost cutting imo is a false economy because eventually if we fail,we will be a lot worse off.

Yet if we took a chance and played PROVEN GOALSCORERS,then we may have been higher in the table and more people would be inclined to attend.

We are a plc. The accounts are in public. Go and look yourself rather than sticking your head up your arse. Still, we all know you don't have any idea as to what's going on - you prove it with every post.

I've seen the accounts and do not doubt that we're in trouble financially. However we seem to have a lot of this 'selective' money which can only be spent on unproven French teenagers and not proven 20 goal a season CCC strikers.

Getting rid of our bi-poler strike force may well prove to be a huge false ecconomy. If we do stay up, the gamble will have paid off, but if we are relegated then things are going to get a whole lot worse.

This is a good point.

I said the very same thing a while back.

This cost cutting imo is a false economy because eventually if we fail,we will be a lot worse off.

Yet if we took a chance and played PROVEN GOALSCORERS,then we may have been higher in the table and more people would be inclined to attend.

Yes a winning team is more likely to atract back those stay away fans (lowe haters exculeded) than a good show ending in a ass whopping. That extra revenue could pay for those experianced IMHO we so desperatley need! ie:Saga good enough for champions league, but not good to stay here over euell! Shocking!

To be fair if Burley or Dodd and Gorman had been in charge of the game they would of been slated for the tactics in the first half. I do agree he does need to take some of the blame. It is easy to change the set up when your 3-0 down and the other team have gone to sleep. He should of changed it at half time when we were 2-0 down and not looking like getting back into it. I like Jan the guy but like with managers before him i wonder if he has an ego and would rather lose 4,5,6 to nill then change their beliefs. Not really sure we can afford to have someone like that right now. Who knows though with a few signings things could just click and we start taking our chances. Too early to be asking for his head, give him till the new year then lets have a look at it.

I've seen the accounts and do not doubt that we're in trouble financially. However we seem to have a lot of this 'selective' money which can only be spent on unproven French teenagers and not proven 20 goal a season CCC strikers.

Getting rid of our bi-polar strike force may well prove to be a huge false ecconomy. If we do stay up, the gamble will have paid off, but if we are relegated then things are going to get a whole lot worse.

We would have needed roughly 3000 extra on gate to be able to afford to pay them. That doesn't include the income from the loan fees or the expenditure on th eincoming loanees.

Do you ever contribute anything other than ridiculing other peoples post's.

Edited by Saint Billy
Lowered myself to the same level.

In all fairness they are a young and inexperienced team that needs constructive criticism if they're to learn from their mistakes. The defending on Saturday was complete s***e. Of course the manager must take his share of the responsibility but there's no use just whinging about him every time we get a crap result, there will be a few more of those to come this season no doubt!

This set up was never going to provide a miraculous recovery for a club that narrowly avoided relegation last year, but there have been some very good performances so far and we've got to have some patience. It's only just October after all.

In his post match verdict it says "Poortvliet is not overly concerned"

Now that is a worry as he must think all is well.

It is a worry because it is the second game in 7, in which we have conceeded 4 goals and I don't think it will be the last game to do so. Its been blatently obvious we need more defenders, especially fullbacks. How have we remedied that situation - we've brought midfielders and strikers here on loan.

Burley got criticism for seemingly being interested only in bringing in more midfielders so I don't see why JP should be immune to any criticism.

It is a worry because it is the second game in 7, in which we have conceeded 4 goals and I don't think it will be the last game to do so. Its been blatently obvious we need more defenders, especially fullbacks. How have we remedied that situation - we've brought midfielders and strikers here on loan.

Burley got criticism for seemingly being interested only in bringing in more midfielders so I don't see why JP should be immune to any criticism.

I think Pearson is the only manager since WGS who has really taken our defence seriously.

Sturrock sold Hall and brought in Yahia when we were already short of cover following Killer's injury. Wigley brought in Jackobsson, but never managed to sort out the defence. Redknapp thought Bernard and Davenport would sort us out at the back. Burley tried to start last season with Ostlund, Makin and Bennett as our only fit defenders (I still can't believe a so-called proffesional did that)