Lord Lowe - Saviour of World Finance

WealdSaint

I notice today that Saints shares have bucked the world trend and have gone up today, due to a massive £490.52 trade at a whopping 26.5p per share (up from 24p a share).

I'm therefore suprised that some regular posters (we know who they are ), have not realised this fact and have taken the opportunity to tell us how lucky we are to have the Golden Lord back at our club.

It would be a tough decision, but when Mr Bush, Mr Brown or Frau Merkel comes begging for his services, I would applaud the decision to sell up and leave Saints for the greater task ahead.

Edited by WealdSaint

I notice today that Saints shares have bucked the world trend and have gone up today, due to a massive £490.52 trade at a whopping 26.5p per share (up from 24p a share).

I'm therefore suprised that some regular posters (we know who they are ), have not realised this fact and have taken the opportunity to tell us how lucky we are to have the Golden Lord back at our club.

It would be a tough decision, but when Mr Bush, Mr Brown or Frau Merkel comes begging for his services, I would applaud the decision to sell up and leave Saints for the greater task ahead.

Prepare for the backlash from those who think the sun shines out of his golden arse.

No more problems now, rumour has it, he selects the players and picks the team, we are on our way, but don't ask where.
Derry I think you should PM Weston as I have done and then clarify those quotes. You are making mischief and its not right.

No more problems now, rumour has it, he selects the players and picks the team, we are on our way, but don't ask where.

In that one statement, you have the reason why Nigel Pearson is not our Manager, because he is NOT a yes man

In that one statement, you have the reason why Jan Poortvliet is our Head Coach, because he IS a yes man

In that one statement, you have the reason why we are in the ever worsening position we are, because the person in charge is an egotistical Waste of Space, who thinks he knows absolutely everything about everything, and has, and is, still carrying out a vendetta against everybody that crossed him up in his previous tenure

Derry I think you should PM Weston as I have done and then clarify those quotes. You are making mischief and its not right.

He didn't clarify anything, he just copied you his original post. Nobody is going to name names, look what happened after Woggy was quoted on here.

Edited by derry

In that one statement, you have the reason why Nigel Pearson is not our Manager, because he is NOT a yes man

In that one statement, you have the reason why Jan Poortvliet is our Head Coach, because he IS a yes man

In that one statement, you have the reason why we are in the ever worsening position we are, because the person in charge is an egotistical Waste of Space, who thinks he knows absolutely everything about everything, and has, and is, still carrying out a vendetta against everybody that crossed him up in his previous tenure

You keep speaking but you never say anything!!

He didn't clarify anything, he just copied you his original post. Nobody is going to name names, look what happened after Woggy was quoted on here.

'Well I was told back in July that McG was told he would be our main striker. I was also told then which players would not figure and who would be sold and he was right on that too.

Is Lowe having a influence in picking the team? Probably, is what I have been told'[end quote]

This as it is on search i feel I can quote.It does not say anything about a guarantee to play.

It says he would be our main striker, well that is already wrong, or is our main striker now playing on the wing.

I have no problem with you and especially Weston who I have had a few good exchange of messages with but there is no evidence that Weston is saying he heard that from within the dressing room.

He also did say a little more than just copy this by the way, but it is a PM and so i am not going to put anymore than that and as he had a conversation with you about a PM to and from me Im surprised.

This as it is on search i feel I can quote.It does not say anything about a guarantee to play.

It says he would be our main striker, well that is already wrong, or is our main striker now playing on the wing.

I have no problem with you and especially Weston who I have had a few good exchange of messages with but there is no evidence that Weston is saying he heard that from within the dressing room.

He also did say a little more than just copy this by the way, but it is a PM and so i am not going to put anymore than that and as he had a conversation with you about a PM to and from me Im surprised.

Nick, regardless of the accuracy of derry's assertion about McGoldrick, it's hardly surprising that these stories get around, is it? It's in the nature of regime...

I'm not especially anti-Lowe myself (I'd say Wilde is worse), because I think that our current state is the consequence of a uniquely awful war that has raged through the rogue's gallery of a boardroom for the last two years, and has turned the club into the the football equivalent of a junkie - having to sell more and more, and more quickly, just to feed the habit of a gargantuan and ballooning debt.

The credence to derry's story comes from the kind of logic that Lowe himself has applied - and you see it in other dealings too, with what I can only is a 'buy-low, sell-high' policy with players like Holmes and Schneiderlin, which seems to take precedence over the signing of, say, some decent fullbacks. Both players are turning into quality signings, so the gamble may pay off - at least in terms of revenue raising, as opposed to team-building. (And I just can't believe such a clever and talented player as Schneiderlin won't attract Prem interest - soon enough to take him out of Southampton by the season's end)

McGoldrick, I'd suggest, was once being spun by Lowe as KJ mark 2. If he could show half a season's promise, goes the logic, there's a multi-million pound reward...However, reality must be dawning on JP, and even Lowe, that McGoldrick may not be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow after all. And so they've turned to cheap, quick fixes to lead the line. (Again, which I really hope pay off)

I don't KNOW if this is true, (I don't have your apparent contacts with the club) but it does make sense - and it does reconcile your view and derry's. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I do expect to see Lallana leaving in January, though, to feed our 'habit', much as that would be extremely awful for our prospects in the CCC.

Nick, regardless of the accuracy of derry's assertion about McGoldrick, it's hardly surprising that these stories get around, is it? It's in the nature of regime...

I'm not especially anti-Lowe myself (I'd say Wilde is worse), because I think that our current state is the consequence of a uniquely awful war that has raged through the rogue's gallery of a boardroom for the last two years, and has turned the club into the the football equivalent of a junkie - having to sell more and more, and more quickly, just to feed the habit of a gargantuan and ballooning debt.

The credence to derry's story comes from the kind of logic that Lowe himself has applied - and you see it in other dealings too, with what I can only is a 'buy-low, sell-high' policy with players like Holmes and Schneiderlin, which seems to take precedence over the signing of, say, some decent fullbacks. Both players are turning into quality signings, so the gamble may pay off - at least in terms of revenue raising, as opposed to team-building. (And I just can't believe such a clever and talented player as Schneiderlin won't attract Prem interest - soon enough to take him out of Southampton by the season's end)

McGoldrick, I'd suggest, was once being spun by Lowe as KJ mark 2. If he could show half a season's promise, goes the logic, there's a multi-million pound reward...However, reality must be dawning on JP, and even Lowe, that McGoldrick may not be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow after all. And so they've turned to cheap, quick fixes to lead the line. (Again, which I really hope pay off)

I don't KNOW if this is true, (I don't have your apparent contacts with the club) but it does make sense - and it does reconcile your view and derry's. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I do expect to see Lallana leaving in January, though, to feed our 'habit', much as that would be extremely awful for our prospects in the CCC.

I cant see what is wrong with making signings that will make the club money and also get a year or so quality on the pitch as well.

How many scouts have gone to games to look at a certain player and then gone away to recommend another?

It is not a new thing that our stars get sold and perhaps it would be better if we had a team of non entities that are not desired elsewhere but make a unit that is successful.

Perhaps we as fans fall in love with players too easily and so are disappointed more often.

I still do not thin kLallana will leave in Jan, he is still far too raw and if the club hoold to their 5m valuation I cant see PL stmping up for him.The wordt thing that has happened for us is that he has been called up for England under 21's. It is in that enviroment that a happy to be CCC player will have his head turned by the big time Charlies. International football has effected many of our players over they ears and caused performances to drop. MLT BT Bridge Surman have not come back as better players but worse performers for Saints.

I cant see what is wrong with making signings that will make the club money and also get a year or so quality on the pitch as well.

How many scouts have gone to games to look at a certain player and then gone away to recommend another?

It is not a new thing that our stars get sold and perhaps it would be better if we had a team of non entities that are not desired elsewhere but make a unit that is successful.

Perhaps we as fans fall in love with players too easily and so are disappointed more often.

I still do not thin kLallana will leave in Jan, he is still far too raw and if the club hoold to their 5m valuation I cant see PL stmping up for him.The wordt thing that has happened for us is that he has been called up for England under 21's. It is in that enviroment that a happy to be CCC player will have his head turned by the big time Charlies. International football has effected many of our players over they ears and caused performances to drop. MLT BT Bridge Surman have not come back as better players but worse performers for Saints.

nick, you comprehensively missed the point I was making. Oh well...onwards and downwards.