Ashes Build Up & 1st Test

St Chalet

I suggest you all look at what happened in the last Ashes series down-under before you accuse me of being negative.

This is an Australian team down on its luck, on a pretty big losing streak, with problems in its camp and universally dismissed as the weakest Ashes team in decades.

And we've handed the entire initiative and momentum to them in one day.

No chance will we get it back. The Aussies have got their tails up again now, and the result of this series will be the same as the last down-under : 5-0.

Patience is a virtue. :rolleyes:

I was wrong, I admit it. The moral victory is with England.

However, expect 3 or 4 world records to fall in the England second innings was beyond the realms of anyone's imagination...

Perhaps you will learn from this and next time something like this happens, you will not write off an entire series after a single days play. You would do well to take this approach in other areas as well, most notably on the main board.

Perhaps you will learn from this and next time something like this happens, you will not write off an entire series after a single days play. You would do well to take this approach in other areas as well, most notably on the main board.

Oh, do leave it out Lord Snooty.

The first day's play mirrored almost exactly the last Ashes series Down Under, and there was no reason to expect otherwise this time round from Day 2.

Oh, do leave it out Lord Snooty.

The first day's play mirrored almost exactly the last Ashes series Down Under, and there was no reason to expect otherwise this time round from Day 2.

If a team has one bad day it doesn't mean they are going to lose the series 5-0, its what test cricket is all about.

If a team has one bad day it doesn't mean they are going to lose the series 5-0, its what test cricket is all about.

So reckon confidence and momentum dont play a role ?

Well, I wholeheartedly disagree. Which is why after such a devastating comeback, I now think England will win the series well.

if confidence and momentum played a roll wouldnt we have lost after 4 days? after we were all over hussey and hadin like a rash and never got them out, they went on to make a stand of 307 odd the momentum from that clearly went onto when they were bowling.... 517-1! how humiliating is that!

517 - 1 is just effing mental.

Against the Aussies in their own back yard!!

They might have to change the whole bowling attack for the next match.

Johson for instance doesn't know if he is coming or going at the moment.

Expect internet rumours for a Warney recall any time soon.

Well, I wholeheartedly disagree. Which is why after such a devastating comeback, I now think England will win the series well.

Look at the 4th test on 09, Australia had ALL the momentum after that, we won comfortably at the Oval.