Ashes Build Up & 1st Test

St Chalet

I suggest you all look at what happened in the last Ashes series down-under before you accuse me of being negative.

This is an Australian team down on its luck, on a pretty big losing streak, with problems in its camp and universally dismissed as the weakest Ashes team in decades.

And we've handed the entire initiative and momentum to them in one day.

No chance will we get it back. The Aussies have got their tails up again now, and the result of this series will be the same as the last down-under : 5-0.

5-0? Are you Glen McGrath or something? Fear not Alpine, once Broad, Swann and co have got into the openers, England will be back at the crease by the end of day two.

Give me a tenner and i'll give you hour by hour photos of me watching it on sky.

Found a stream in the end, but I'd like to take you up on your offer anyway. If you message me the pics, I'll pay you in pies and pints next time our paths cross.

I suggest you all look at what happened in the last Ashes series down-under before you accuse me of being negative.

This is an Australian team down on its luck, on a pretty big losing streak, with problems in its camp and universally dismissed as the weakest Ashes team in decades.

No chance will we get it back. The Aussies have got their tails up again now, and the result of this series will be the same as the last down-under : 5-0.

Hahahaha!

There is no way you are a genuine poster. You're just looking for a reaction like you do over on the football forum. I don't believe it's possible to get so down about things as quickly as you do. If you really do believe what you say, then god help your family. I know i couldn't put up with you in my house!

Alpine was a bit hasty with his doom and gloom I feel, most pundits despite the score feel England have been playing well, and haven't had the rub of the green. Could have been a completely different match with a couple of decisions going the other way...

But the doom and gloom... t's justified now :(

Can't believe I've been listening all night for no reward at all >_

Flintoff was in the bar at the Clubhouse at the golf here this evening. (Still limping BTW).

His buddies clearly had a sweepstake going on how many times he was asked if he could fly out for the next test....

Standard reply was simply - yeah I wish and a point to the knee, but you could see the hurt on his face

I'm with you. Mind you, it's only 9:45 pm here so I am quaffing beer and watching a stream as well as the hockey on TV. My Ottawa Senators just beat rivals Toronto 3-0. Saints win, now if England can hold on in here and get into a lead with not too many wickets down it will have been a perfect day...

Wow that was a shock when I turned on the telly this morning. Now they just need to keep it going.

Wish I could watch, but my TV audience needs me to keep the muppet photographers out of the way of the golfers.

When you aren't watching the cricket I'll be the sweaty stressed looking bloke in Blue on the tee boxes trying to stop morons ruining Poulters day, or the one trying to find Freddie or Brian Lara to get the latest score from the Gabba.

Come on Trotty bore them into submission, you can do it!

We might even have an outside chance of going for the win if we carry on scoring at this sort of rate...

I didn't think I'd have any chance of writing anything like that two days ago, but here it is. I still think we should just make sure of the draw before even thinking about winning though.

Hope so, as I said I only just switched it on so not entirely sure. :D

Switching attention between this and the NFL at the moment, rediscovering my passion for other sports it seems...

There's no way Chargers should only have a 2 point lead... they should be out of sight by now. The fact that the offence has scored three field goals while their only TD has come from the defence tells the whole story...

Although that bloke 'Extras' seems to be speeding up his scoring rate now to take up the slack... :D

Do we take an outside chance of a result either way by declaring sometime soon?

heh, that's another TD for Charger's defence...

Edited by Jimmy_D

Again, another morning and WOW, take that Aussies. That has to have hurt them mentally, they must really have thought they were going to roll us over and then we go and break almost every record going. Never expected that to happen.

And never expected Karlsson to win yesterday down here, but he played great golf and that first play-off hole the two approach shots were simply stunning - Poulter fires in to 3 feet and we all go - he's won it, Karlsson's sails over the pin by about 15 feet and spins back to 3ft 1inch.... and off back down the 18th again and Karlsson wins. So tense!

A weekend of dreams on the golf course and on the telly with the cricket and then we get (as usual) to blag our way in to the after party where they kept bringing us a (free) bucket of Heineken each every 15 minutes (they were worried we needed to rehydrate) and they had the cricket highlights on the telly. Bliss

+1. The whole England team should be ashamed of themselves.