interest rates

Saint Keith

bank of england have cut interest rate by half a percent, a day early.

w00t da sn00t :p £210 a month less on my mortgage

Doesn't your own bank have to pass that on first..? And you must have one hell of a mortgage to be saving £210 on half a percent cut. More like £21.. yes..? Or £210 a year.

For my mortgage, a 1/2% cut would be closer to £2.50 saved.

Doesn't your own bank have to pass that on first..? And you must have one hell of a mortgage to be saving £210 on half a percent cut. More like £21.. yes..? Or £210 a year.

For my mortgage, a 1/2% cut would be closer to £2.50 saved.

no, im on a tracker that is fixed at .24% above base, so every quarter point drop reduces my monthly payment by about £105. yes, it is an eye wateringly, painfully large mortgage

If you have a tracker mortgage then you should get a reduction as your rate follows the Bank of England rate. i.e. mine is a tracker and is 0.95% above base rate.

If it is a variable or fixed rate then it will be up to the lenders to pass it on to you

F*ck sake, told the missus to take the gamble on a tracker, she persuaded me to go for fixed rate instead paying more than £200 extra than the last mortgage for the privelidge.

C*nt. First payment was this month as well. Can I change my mind? :-(

As with all credit agreements under the Consumer Credit Act, you should have a 14-day period after you sign the contract where you can cancel it.

I'm on a 5-year fixed rate for another 3 years, but I'm not in the slightest bit bothered regarding the interest rate drop. I know exactly how much I'm going to be paying out for at least the next 3 years on my mortgage, rather than worrying about whether the Bank of England will decide to help homeowners or savers next month.

Guest Hacienda

My fixed rate of 3.5% has another 5 years to run, by which time I will have, thanks to ebay, paid off the outstanding money owed so I couldn't give a flying f**k if they've cut them or not.

bank of england (and other central banks all at the same time) have cut interest rate by half a percent, a day early.

w00t da sn00t :p £210 a month less on my mortgage

That’s one big mortgage to save £210 a month for a ½% cut.