Family friendly car

SO16_Saint

Am in the Market for a new car in the next few months.

Have around £6k to spend.

Would ideally like a quashqai but think they may be too expensive.

I like the higher driving position and feel of having a big car without it actually being that big (60cm longer than a Micra).

Any suggestions?

A Seat Toledo or Altea. VW underpinnings. Extremely spacious (particularly the Toledo as it has a boot with a false floor and an extra shelf underneath the parcel shelf.) and with a higher driving position then most.

An excellent vehicle. I had a Toledo for three years, did 85,000 miles and it never missed a beat.

thanks for the suggestions guys.

I saw a Focus C-Max yesterday actually. It looks huge in the pics but when you actually see it, it's not that big (isn't everything...).

Some car salesman kept trying to talk me into a Mazda 5. I was saying it's TOO big, but he wouldnt take no for an answer.

I saw a Focus C-Max yesterday actually. It looks huge in the pics but when you actually see it, it's not that big (isn't everything...).

Some car salesman kept trying to talk me into a Mazda 5. I was saying it's TOO big, but he wouldnt take no for an answer.

The Toledo may make sense then if you want something between a C-Max and less then a Mazda 5.

The Golf Max and Altea are the same size (same underpinnings) as the C-Max. But hey, take a look at them and see.

I have the new type Honda CRV. Great for the kids and going around the UK on holiday with. Also good for taking large stuff to the tip. I can still get in the garage so not a huge car and four years of trouble free motoring so far.

Not sure what you can expect for £6k though.

You realise there is naff all difference between the C-Max and the Maz5? Same Ford C platform, same basic dimensions...

Are you sure it wasn't the Mazda CX-7 you were looking at?

To be fair, the 5 is bloody big. It can seat 7 people. I don't believe the C-Max can manage that.

Yeah, but the +2 on the 5 are just folders. Have a Google of teh physical sizes and the boot spaces.

3 of our friends have 5s, 2 have got C-Maxes - they feel totally different cars tbf, something about the 5 being slightly higher off the road.

C4 Pic is where it's at btw.

Yeah, but the +2 on the 5 are just folders. Have a Google of teh physical sizes and the boot spaces.

3 of our friends have 5s, 2 have got C-Maxes - they feel totally different cars tbf, something about the 5 being slightly higher off the road.

C4 Pic is where it's at btw.

One of my colleagues has the C4 Grand Picasso. Jesus it's huge. The 1.6 HDi engine though is absolutely gutless.

I'm sure it was the 5. It had mini bus style sliding doors, which may have made if seem mahoosive!

After all the cars I've been looking at on autotrader etc, I'm still being drawn back to the Qashquai.

May just have to save up a little longer for it.

Anyone got one? What's it like to use day in day out? Good drive?

I'm sure it was the 5. It had mini bus style sliding doors, which may have made if seem mahoosive!

After all the cars I've been looking at on autotrader etc, I'm still being drawn back to the Qashquai.

May just have to save up a little longer for it.

Anyone got one? What's it like to use day in day out? Good drive?

I had a Qashquai as a rental car last summer, loved it

Am in the Market for a new car in the next few months.

Have around £6k to spend.

Would ideally like a quashqai but think they may be too expensive.

I like the higher driving position and feel of having a big car without it actually being that big (60cm longer than a Micra).

Any suggestions?

I have a Qashqai - fully loaded with all the toys they are fantastic value! Very comfy, solid and cheap to run. If you can pick one up for your price, then do!

Whoever suggested the C-Max needs shooting. Vile looking, plastic and absolutely hideous to drive. My other half one before getting her Golf.

I have a Qashqai - fully loaded with all the toys they are fantastic value! Very comfy, solid and cheap to run. If you can pick one up for your price, then do!

Whoever suggested the C-Max needs shooting. Vile looking, plastic and absolutely hideous to drive. My other half one before getting her Golf.

thats the slight issue. They're coming in at around 8k

For something a bit smaller and friendlier for the missus, how about a Honda Jazz. Cracking little car, good driving position, very reliable, LOADS of space, although somewhat underpowered.

Oh, and good residuals.

Edited by Pugwash
residuals