What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

I'm not going to Glastonbury but I always religiously tune into the BBC blanket coverage. This was one of the highlights from last year...just musically and visually stunning. Don't know if anything will come close this year.;)

Don't know how you do it, I cannot bring myself to watch when I'm not there.

Last year I was the only one out of all my mates that didn't get a ticket. Gf suggested watching the coverage of Arctics on the friday night.

I told her, curtly, if she put it on, I'd smash her TV.

Don't know how you do it, I cannot bring myself to watch when I'm not there.

Last year I was the only one out of all my mates that didn't get a ticket. Gf suggested watching the coverage of Arctics on the friday night.

I told her, curtly, if she put it on, I'd smash her TV.

Relaaaaax...life's full of missed opportunities...no need to torture yourself over them. Just settle down with a few beers and soak it up.;)

Beauty in whatever form shouldn't be missed.

Relaaaaax...life's full of missed opportunities...no need to torture yourself over them. Just settle down with a few beers and soak it up.;)

Beauty in whatever form shouldn't be missed.

I just can't do it. It pains me not being there. It's been four years since I was last there, and I've hated missing it.

Last year was the worst as, apart from the gf, ALL my mates were there. Knowing they were all there enjoying it was just too much.

I know this is a slightly tw*t-ish comment, but knowing some of the people who were there, who were there purely for the sake of being at Glasto, knowing that a lot of it would be going over their heads and they would probably rather be at V seeing David Guetta also wound me up no end.

Wasted tickets imo.

• 2 weeks later...
The almost detached, disinterested delivery is (unintentionally??) masterful and the piano phrase delivered as almost a passing afterthought is brilliant.

How can something so simple have such a devastating effect.

*LIKE* Thanks for that.

I'm not going to Glastonbury but I always religiously tune into the BBC blanket coverage. This was one of the highlights from last year...just musically and visually stunning. Don't know if anything will come close this year.;)

Yeah, yeah - someone else with "Dummy" on shág rotation.

Bet you own a Morcheeba album too.

Ooh, I like that! It seems the 90s revival has spread across the pond now.

I'm loving this dream-poppy, shoe-gazey type stuff at the moment. Diiv, Beach Fossils, and Real Estate are good also. Think they all might be NYC based?

Cheers KRG! I better bookmark that site!

No worries man, hope you find what you're after.

Probably posted this several time in this thread already, but this is one of my favourite songs. Neil Hannon is such a brilliant songwriter - shame he's known best for doing the Father Ted theme!

I love Becoming More Like Alfie, largely because I am.

Probably posted this several time in this thread already, but this is one of my favourite songs. Neil Hannon is such a brilliant songwriter - shame he's known best for doing the Father Ted theme!

I remember watching the Divine Comedy at the Joiners Arms years back and Neil doing a beautiful crowd accompanied version of 'My Lovely Horse' with only the faintest smattering of irony!

Supporting the mighty Frank and Walters (still one of my favourite bands!)

Love Divine Comedy...wonderful songwriter...even The Duckworth Lewis Method recommended for non-Cricket lovers.:lol:

Love Divine Comedy...wonderful songwriter...even The Duckworth Lewis Method recommended for non-Cricket lovers.:lol:

Both Duckworth Lewis Method albums are amazing ain't they!? Brilliant to add to a whole load of songs on Random play - suddenly they come on and you're like wtf? And then Oooh yeah! Shuffle gets stopped and the whole record gets played.

Strictly Summertime only though!

Both Duckworth Lewis Method albums are amazing ain't they!? Brilliant to add to a whole load of songs on Random play - suddenly they come on and you're like wtf? And then Oooh yeah! Shuffle gets stopped and the whole record gets played.

Strictly Summertime only though!

Just a couple of overs...

V exciting news. Had no idea this was happening. One of my favourite bands in my early teens are back. Yes, he is a bit of a (read MASSIVE) prat. But, they have made some great tracks. This is an encouraging come back.

[soundcloud]

[/soundcloud] Edited by KelvinsRightGlove
stupid auto parse

Brooke Candy - Das Me

Be warned that this video is NSFAR - Not safe for anywhere really

Finally found somewhere sort of safe to watch this. Its quite good innit?

Not amazingly ground breaking or anything but a decent sound and yeah, in yer face. But I prefer Peaches for pure sexual aggression!

Didn't realise she is the girl from the Grimes 'genesis' video!

I bloody love Grimes, and have had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times (she is a friend of a friend).

A bit classier than this (brooke candy) to be fair, Grimes plays about with beat and melody like a slightly more 'Street' Bjork ! Here is that video for Genesis, so you can 'enjoy' Candy Brook without all the lesbian hip hop stuff.

Finally found somewhere sort of safe to watch this. Its quite good innit?

Not amazingly ground breaking or anything but a decent sound and yeah, in yer face. But I prefer Peaches for pure sexual aggression!

Didn't realise she is the girl from the Grimes 'genesis' video!

I bloody love Grimes, and have had the pleasure of meeting her a couple of times (she is a friend of a friend).

A bit classier than this (brooke candy) to be fair, Grimes plays about with beat and melody like a slightly more 'Street' Bjork ! Here is that video for Genesis, so you can 'enjoy' Candy Brook without all the lesbian hip hop stuff.

YES ON GRIMES!!!! She is fantastic! So jealous you have met her. I would love to meet her and make a complete idiot of myself telling her repeatedly how much I love her music and how amazing I think she is.

Can't wait for her new album - 'Go' is great.

YES ON GRIMES!!!! She is fantastic! So jealous you have met her. I would love to meet her and make a complete idiot of myself telling her repeatedly how much I love her music and how amazing I think she is.

Can't wait for her new album - 'Go' is great.

She is rather fab.

And I did exactly that *****il my friend told me to 'play it cool Trig'). She was a bit quiet; but then both times she was about to go on stage and probably didn't need some odd looking middle aged Englishman jabbering platitudes at her.

All the buzz seems to be around these at the moment, their album is a good listen. To use a cliche, they sound like the lovechild of The XX and Foals. Can't help but feel it would be improved by some vocals though..

Lovely.

I was 'awake' myself as the sun came up today and had this playing (well, I playlisted all their YouTubes incl full album).

Perfect. Thanks.

Aha. still sent from my effing nexus 4, but I have found the setting now dammit.

Might be spamming this thread, but f*ck it. Just stumbled across this band, couple of great songs but I think this is the jewel in the crown.

Their album Absolute Zero is definitely worth a listen.

Keep on spamming. This is quite good.

Bit Arcade Fiery, not quite up there Decemberists - but that's what it reminded me of a bit.

I will give the album a shot.

Keep on spamming. This is quite good.

Bit Arcade Fiery, not quite up there Decemberists - but that's what it reminded me of a bit.

I will give the album a shot.

There's something about her voice that I absolutely love, really powerful but without being shouty.