What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Slipknot - All Hope is Gone

Not sure, not as a good as I was hoping, maybe it will be a grower.

OK, its a grower. "Vendetta" (got a nice groove to it), "Gehenna" (sounds like a heavey darker QOTSA) and "This Cold Black" (basic 'Knot) are classics. "Snuff" is a rather nice track too.

This morning I am starting off with a wake up from Metallica with Ride The Lightning.

Now the coffee has kicked in, Ive opted to follow that with Sabotage by Black Sabbath.

Hey ho, no-one posting bar me. OK, now its getting near the middle of the work morning, Ive cracked out Broken Boy Soldiers from The Raconteurs, excellent choice by myself...

This morning I am starting off with a wake up from Metallica with Ride The Lightning.

Now the coffee has kicked in, Ive opted to follow that with Sabotage by Black Sabbath.

Hey ho, no-one posting bar me. OK, now its getting near the middle of the work morning, Ive cracked out Broken Boy Soldiers from The Raconteurs, excellent choice by myself...

OK then, to move us up to lunch we are now listening to the classic New Day Rising by the oft overlooked Husker Du.

OK then, to move us up to lunch we are now listening to the classic New Day Rising by the oft overlooked Husker Du.

And the first part of the day is to be rounded off with From Here To Infirmary by Alkaline Trio.

This afternoon is being lead in by A Slight Case of Overbombing, a greatest hits compilation from The Sisters Of Mercy. Well, it is overcast and raining up here, so I have an excuse.

The day takes a turn for the indie with Is This It? by The Strokes being up next. Bit of a change from the Sisters, but whatever...

This afternoon is being lead in by A Slight Case of Overbombing, a greatest hits compilation from The Sisters Of Mercy. Well, it is overcast and raining up here, so I have an excuse.

The day takes a turn for the indie with Is This It? by The Strokes being up next. Bit of a change from the Sisters, but whatever...

Time for a personal love of mine, The Wildhearts with The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed. Not their strongest, but good all the same.

Time for a personal love of mine, The Wildhearts with The Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed. Not their strongest, but good all the same.

Now for something completely different. A more mellow mood this afternoon brings on Guru's Jazzmatazz, Vol 1.

A close second to Wu Tangs 36 Chambers IMHO. (Illmatic, It Takes A Nation of Millions... and Paid In Full round off the top 5 for me)

That's a pretty comprehensive top five.

36 Chambers is amazing, it looses half a point though for some of its skits, but i think we've had this conversation before.

I'd also add the Quannum 'live on british radio'

lyrics born, all the other quannum mc's, live band and dj shadow on the decks, recorded for the 'breaze-block' show.

And maybe even 13 & God featuring dose one, for a bit of weird-arsed anticon action.

That's a pretty comprehensive top five.

36 Chambers is amazing, it looses half a point though for some of its skits, but i think we've had this conversation before.

I'd also add the Quannum 'live on british radio'

lyrics born, all the other quannum mc's, live band and dj shadow on the decks, recorded for the 'breaze-block' show.

And maybe even 13 & God featuring dose one, for a bit of weird-arsed anticon action.

"Live on British radio" is good (dont forget Chief Xcel on the decks too), but Is till prefer the Quannum Spectrum album, the studio version of "I changed my mind" itself is worth the album price.

Bah, Now Im off to listen to hip hop all afternoon, Cheers Jeff!

(EPMD up first, then ATCQ "Midnight Marauders" I think)