What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

The Alps - III

Never heard of these guys before but bought this one on a whim. It's pulling my krautrock knob.

Blimey. Just tried researching them on the interweb. Turns out there's another, absolutely terrible Steve Lamacq London band with the same name. It's not them I'm listening to...

Is it any good? I'll wait until I get paid to pick it up. The first two are classics and definite firm-favourites of mine but his last one was a bit mediocre. I hope he is back on track now.

That said, I have liked what I've heard from the new effort.

Yeah its not bad, only really one or two mediocre songs. Its definitely a grower too. You should get Napster (its legal now) and grab a copy of a program called tunebite. Napster costs me £9.99 p/m and Tunebite was a one off £10-£15 (im sure it can be found for free on tinterweb).

Napster songs can be played on your computer till your hearts content, however they are protected files which stops you burning them to CD's or transferring to MP3 players.

This is where Tunebite comes in. When you play the Napster track through tunebite, it makes a perfect copy of said track which is not protected which allows you to burn it onto a CD.

Hey presto, all the songs you can be bothered to legally download for £9.99 p/m! That is, if you dont mind not having a CD case!

I have my ways of obtaining records but I'll probably buy this album. I have the other three so I may as well keep the set going.

A Grand Don't Come For Free is one of the very few albums that creates such strong nostalgic emotions for me. Everything about 2004 in my life was the dog's b*llocks and this was one of my most listened to albums. Infact, I try and not listen to it as the emotions it connotes for me are far too strong for me at the moment. :(:o:eek::-#:confused::(:(:(:(

I have my ways of obtaining records but I'll probably buy this album. I have the other three so I may as well keep the set going.

A Grand Don't Come For Free is one of the very few albums that creates such strong nostalgic emotions for me. Everything about 2004 in my life was the dog's b*llocks and this was one of my most listened to albums. Infact, I try and not listen to it as the emotions it connotes for me are far too strong for me at the moment. :(:o:eek::-#:confused::(:(:(:(

Agreed, it is also a fond album of mine, there is some top tunage on that album. I went to Amsterdam with teh Mrs a year ago, on a sodding long coach trip so listened to all 3 albums back to back. Very good.

Beautiful lyrics delivered very hauntingly.

Now this type of song is not normally my thing, but I like it.

I'm listening to the Verve Unmixed and Verve Remixed albums. Jazzy stuff as was and then also with a different take. Not all good but still listenable.

Listen to this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTcOP2CZmpM

Moves me every time. I chose this for my mate's funeral service.

Tears falling now.

Just found a download of Just a Souvenir from Squarepusher.

The usual funky jazzy guitars, mad beats and acid squelching! Some lovely tunes here although nothing on first listen to really rival his older stuff.

He seems to be going a bit prog. Not too sure how I feel about that...

I am also listening to this today. Stay Together isn't on Suede though. :~

I was listening to 'The Living Dead' earlier. Years ago there was a really good piano version of that given away on the front of a magazine, but I lost my copy. If anyone can find it on-line anywhere I'll have a homosexual experience with them.