What are you listening to?

Julian H. Cope

Top 10 hip-hop albums ever:

1. Nas -- Illmatic (I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death)

2. Beastie Boys -- Paul's Boutique (Hey ladies, get funky!)

3. Wu-Tang Clan -- 36 Chambers (Bring da mutha f*ckin' ruckas)

4. The Pharcyde -- Bizarre Ride II... (It'll be good if you stayed with me tonight)

5. Ghostface Killah -- Supreme Clientele (Baby shake your sh*t, you're thick like huh!)

6. Public Enemey -- It Takes A Nation... (Don't, don't, don't believe the hype)

7. Madvillain -- Madvillainy (There's been a place in my heart since we first met)

8. De La Soul -- Three Feet High and Rising (Potholes in ma lawn)

9. Edan -- Beauty and the Beat (I blast through rhythms like hash through your system)

10. A Tribe Called Quest -- The Low End Theory (I left my wallet in El Segundo)

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Well, I was just starting to listen to The Division Bell, until I realised that I didn't feel like listening to a load of self-indulgent masturbatory boll*cks so I've changed to Mary Chapin Carpenter.

Bit of a cross-link to the Vietnam war film thread elsewhere on the forum : On the way home tonight I listened to The Ride of the Valkyrie, ( 5 and a half minutes of pure "Apocalypse Now" Bell UH-01 Iroquois 'HUEY' mayhem ), followed by Barber's Adaggio for strings, ( for that iconic "Platoon" moment ).

Well, I was just starting to listen to The Division Bell, until I realised that I didn't feel like listening to a load of self-indulgent masturbatory boll*cks so I've changed to Mary Chapin Carpenter.

Yep, I know what you mean. I can't go near any post-Meddle Pink Floyd myself nowadays. However, Ummagumma, Nice Pair, etc.. are superb.

Edited by St Landrew

I am currently enjoying Animals by Pink Floyd.

Hey you Whitehouse, ha ha, charade you are..

Hmm yeah. But I never thought the sentiment was genuine. I felt they wrote lyrics people wanted to hear, and therefore sell records. It didn't seem to come from the heart. Besides, Roger Waters was/is slightly f***** up himself.

As it happens, I do have the album, bought way back when it was first issued. I might pop it on and see how long I can stand it. :D

Now talk about The Grand Vizier's Garden Party, and I'm all ears.

Ill get slated but...

The Streets new album

Is it any good? I'll wait until I get paid to pick it up. The first two are classics and definite firm-favourites of mine but his last one was a bit mediocre. I hope he is back on track now.

That said, I have liked what I've heard from the new effort.

Is it any good? I'll wait until I get paid to pick it up. The first two are classics and definite firm-favourites of mine but his last one was a bit mediocre. I hope he is back on track now.

That said, I have liked what I've heard from the new effort.

I'll say this for him, he's got a bloody good publicist. The Culture Show, South Bank Show, R4's Front Row... The Guardian 'one album per year' market is pretty much in the bag.

Top 10 hip-hop albums ever:

1. Nas -- Illmatic (I never sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death)

2. Beastie Boys -- Paul's Boutique (Hey ladies, get funky!)

3. Wu-Tang Clan -- 36 Chambers (Bring da mutha f*ckin' ruckas)

4. The Pharcyde -- Bizarre Ride II... (It'll be good if you stayed with me tonight)

5. Ghostface Killah -- Supreme Clientele (Baby shake your sh*t, you're thick like huh!)

6. Public Enemey -- It Takes A Nation... (Don't, don't, don't believe the hype)

7. Madvillain -- Madvillainy (There's been a place in my heart since we first met)

8. De La Soul -- Three Feet High and Rising (Potholes in ma lawn)

9. Edan -- Beauty and the Beat (I blast through rhythms like hash through your system)

10. A Tribe Called Quest -- The Low End Theory (I left my wallet in El Segundo)

And some UK Hip Hop (we can do it too)

1. Life - Everyday Life

2. Skitz - Countryman

3. Roots Manuva - Run Come Save Me

Oh and anything by Massive Attack of course