Do the players respect poorvliet?

Mr X

I think the players were just starting to bond with pearson before he was booted out, I think they are struggling to relate to poorvliets way of playing and the culture/language clash isn't doing any favors. I somewhat feel that they sense he is not the right man for us and have no confidence in his methods

What do you think? I haven't got the faintest idea.

Neither have I

I just think they are probably not up to the job at the moment.

The injury to Holmes is not helping and confidence is low.

A bit of luck for a change may help

Edited by John B

If not, why not?

Thoughts..........

NO......... How can they ........ His (Lowe's) doctrine is NOT working, and the players are fully aware that Poortvliet is simply Lowe's Monkey on a Rope

In ANY Sport, how long can a Manager expect respect, if "His" methods are proving to be completely inafective ????

Lowe's Philosephy of Playing The Academy Team was wrong in concept, and is/has proved to be a disaster in practice ........... Most other people would be man enough to realise this .......... but not Lowe ........ his last act, of loaning out the one remaining Pro that could find the net, ie John, was an absolute CRAZY decision .......... forget about the guff of "finance" ......... we are so deep in the Brown Stuff, that John's wages are peanuts by comparison

Poortvliet WOULD succeed, if he :-

1) Told Lowe to butt out

2) Had a few more decent seasoned Pro's to call upon

Too late now though, Saints are going down in more ways than one I'm afraid

Playing the "how many posts before its all Lowe's fault" we only got to 5 on this one - well done, one of the quicker ones

Good point ............ now tell me, all the decent players gone, an untried Dutch duo, playing the Academy Team .........

....... Whose doctrine was that then ?? ....... Crouch's regime ? .... no, they've gone ....... the car park attendant, still buoyed up about his Alan Ball moment ? ......... Woggy ?, in a fit of pique before he left ?? .......

NO MATE ......... RUPERT F'ING LOWE is in charge, and his minnions are following HIS orders ......... and you are NOT blaming him ........ you're a joke, just like your Master

I think the players were just starting to bond with pearson before he was booted out, I think they are struggling to relate to poorvliets way of playing and the culture/language clash isn't doing any favors. I somewhat feel that they sense he is not the right man for us and have no confidence in his methods

Have on good authority tonight that you are indeed right. The players have no confidence in Portaloo and actually RL is in any case now picking the team! Makes you weep..................................................

Have on good authority tonight that you are indeed right. The players have no confidence in Portaloo and actually RL is in any case now picking the team! Makes you weep..................................................
The situation is desperate. I hope Fulthorpe comes to our rescue but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

this bit worries me the most, is this a definite fact or just an assumption?