People from Devon and Pickled Eggs

bungle

Last night I was in the pub (well, more than 1), with a person from Devon. I went to order a pickled egg, and was informed that the "only" way to consume such a product was to get a bag of crisps, open it, and put the egg in. Then you eat the crisps and egg from the bag.

I thought this odd, and it didn't really add to my enjoyment of the egg. Has anyone else come across this pickled egg/devonian combo?

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it...but i do love a good curried egg...

An interesting side note, I agree. I am partial to ordering a curry with egg in (Bengal?) when out at an Indian restaurant.

My best kind of egg would be a fried egg with a runny yolk.

That is all

This is not a thread about eggs of choice, but you are a boring mongloid so I guess you don't know better. People like yourself have ruined this forum etc etc.

An interesting side note, I agree. I am partial to ordering a curry with egg in (Bengal?) when out at an Indian restaurant.

This is not a thread about eggs of choice, but you are a boring mongloid so I guess you don't know better. People like yourself have ruined this forum etc etc.

Yet your tedious 'lets bash Shane and Pancake' threads are fun to read yes?

I was referring to these by the way...as opposed to eggs in curry...which i'm not entirely convinced about...there's enough stink going in ya body during a curry without popping a sulphur bomb in there too!

http://www.poultrykeepersalmanac.com/the_ark/aindex.cgi

I mentioned it as i've had them as a bar snack...man they were good

Those eggs are sliced in half. Are they for girls?

Those eggs are sliced in half. Are they for girls?

You have to slice em in half to get the yolk out for mixing with the mayonnaise and curry, etc.

I suppose they could try and invent a device to remove the yolk without cutting it...something like an olive pitter...then squirt it back in like a filling in a doughnut...

I think that at some point during your weekend you should eat a pickled egg and report back.

I shall endeavor to do this during my weekend of debauchery.

Although pickled eggs do not fit into a drugs, sex and alcohol orgy weekend.

You have to slice em in half to get the yolk out for mixing with the mayonnaise and curry, etc.

I suppose they could try and invent a device to remove the yolk without cutting it...something like an olive pitter...then squirt it back in like a filling in a doughnut...

Couldn't they just coat the eggs in curry?

I was referring to these by the way...as opposed to eggs in curry...which i'm not entirely convinced about...there's enough stink going in ya body during a curry without popping a sulphur bomb in there too!

http://www.poultrykeepersalmanac.com/the_ark/aindex.cgi

I mentioned it as i've had them as a bar snack...man they were good

Also known as Devilled Eggs, I think you'll find.

Last night I was in the pub (well, more than 1), with a person from Devon. I went to order a pickled egg, and was informed that the "only" way to consume such a product was to get a bag of crisps, open it, and put the egg in. Then you eat the crisps and egg from the bag.

I thought this odd, and it didn't really add to my enjoyment of the egg. Has anyone else come across this pickled egg/devonian combo?

Yeah, I've heard of that one too. I didn't succumb to the temptation though.

My Dad, who has cursed me with a liking for most things pickled, as well as mustard, hp sauce, branston and the Saints has a liking for swamp monkey ******** - aka pickled walnuts. I've never been able to bring myslef to eat one - the black tendrilly ouziness of one puts me off. Any one like these?

Strangely, I lived in Devon til I was 13 - can it be a coincedence?

My Dad, who has cursed me with a liking for most things pickled, as well as mustard, hp sauce, branston and the Saints has a liking for swamp monkey ******** - aka pickled walnuts. I've never been able to bring myslef to eat one - the black tendrilly ouziness of one puts me off. Any one like these?

Strangely, I lived in Devon til I was 13 - can it be a coincedence?

Pickled walnuts are ferking luvly , strangely they are nothing like 'normal' walnuts .....