Sky channels going back onto Virgin

Scummer

Sky royally ****ed me off when they put their prices up, so I cancelled with them. I phoned up Virgin and explained what had happened. The nice chap on the phone spent about 20 minutes 'bigging' virgin media up. I said 'great, let's go for it'. I gave him my postcode and he said I don't live in a cable area :(

I'm using freeview at the moment and the channels I can pick up are an absolute joke. There must be about 20 that I can pick up at work and can't get at home.

Sky royally ****ed me off when they put their prices up, so I cancelled with them. I phoned up Virgin and explained what had happened. The nice chap on the phone spent about 20 minutes 'bigging' virgin media up. I said 'great, let's go for it'. I gave him my postcode and he said I don't live in a cable area :(

I'm using freeview at the moment and the channels I can pick up are an absolute joke. There must be about 20 that I can pick up at work and can't get at home.

I live on Park 21 (The old Pirelli site in Eastleigh) when all the contracts were being sorted and plans being drawn up for cable ducting the cable company didn't get a look in. I'm with SKY for everything and while I'm quite happy with my packages I would like to have been able to see the difference. Somehow I don't think one man is going to get Virgin onto the estate by protesting! Although it might be worth investigating.

I have virgin TV, phone and broadband and after the first year they were quite happy to do a deal to keep me for another year (basically giving me £15 quid a month off) and it seems (for me) to be easier having one bill for my internet, TV and land line...should I want a virgin mobile they will do a great deal again which is something to think about..

the only issue is that there is not as many HD channels and you dont get the "push the red button" service for the footy etc..

I get..

All channels (bar the films) inc, all sports and setanta

4mb Broadband

Phone line (free evening and weekends)

for £45 a month

which I think is a pretty good deal

The only thing which would interest me with Virgin is the 'any time tv' (or thats what Sky call it). Sky's is sh*t. About 15-20 programs most of which are gash.

From what I understand, Virgin offer a much better service, where you can catch up on whole series of stuff?

indeed...they have the catch up TV and TV/Movies/Music on demand...

the TV on demand has a massive selection and is free..the movies you pay for but the TV selection is very good..

I am happy with Virgin Media and their service especially the V+ Box which means you can record 2 programmes at the same time whilst you watch a third, the only downside is that we only have one HD channel, they promised that we would have HD sports channel by early this year but nothing yet. Anyone know when they will be getting more HD channels.