Audi Drivers...

Its really interesting how different brands are often perceived totally differently in different countries, and how that changes over time. At least in the UK Audies do seem to be attracting knobs -maybe because there are a lot of cheap TTs around now.

Saw this article abnout car brands in China. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/business/global/in-china-car-brands-evoke-an-unexpected-set-of-stereotypes.html?_r=1

And this one about changing perceptions from year to year http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2011/01/2011-car-brand-perception-survey/performance/index.htm

Its really interesting how different brands are often perceived totally differently in different countries, and how that changes over time. At least in the UK Audies do seem to be attracting knobs -maybe because there are a lot of cheap TTs around now.

Saw this article abnout car brands in China. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/15/business/global/in-china-car-brands-evoke-an-unexpected-set-of-stereotypes.html?_r=1

And this one about changing perceptions from year to year http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2011/01/2011-car-brand-perception-survey/performance/index.htm

That's interesting.

The road I live down is a very difficult road to get out of, so it's interesting to see who lets me out. The people most likely to let me out drive Range Rovers, X5's and Cayenne's, which has surprised me. Oh, and white van men. The worst are Audi drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently I have noticed what utter twunts Audi drivers are. Are they the new BMW drivers? I'm thinking they are personally.

Indeed, I am an utter twunt...every time I go to Weybridge I try to outdo the wuckfits in their BMWs, Range Rovers etc.

It's an uphill task but your post leads me to believe I'm chipping away at their huge lead....

Recently I have noticed what utter twunts Audi drivers are. Are they the new BMW drivers? I'm thinking they are personally.

Jeremy Clarkson picked up on this a few years ago. A lot of of what he says is complete guff but on this I think he's spot on.

Only a few weeks ago was I driving along a road and approached a parked car on the other side of the road. A bloke in an Audi came in the opposite direction, put his foot down and chanced it, forcing me onto the verge. If he'd have done that 2 years ago I'd have nicked him.

Its small man syndrome, they bought an Audi rather than a Beemer and feel inadequate as a result.

Recently had a full-on road rage incident with a white Audi on the Salisbury to Ringwood road (the sort of road Ice Road Truckers would think twice about driving like a **** on). I was doing a sensible speed considering it was a bit foggy, he went flying past me overtaking on double whites and then brake-tested me to the point I barely avoided him by driving up the grass verge. Look of utter rage in his eyes, no idea why.

Its small man syndrome, they bought an Audi rather than a Beemer and feel inadequate as a result.

Recently had a full-on road rage incident with a white Audi on the Salisbury to Ringwood road (the sort of road Ice Road Truckers would think twice about driving like a **** on). I was doing a sensible speed considering it was a bit foggy, he went flying past me overtaking on double whites and then brake-tested me to the point I barely avoided him by driving up the grass verge. Look of utter rage in his eyes, no idea why.

So buy an Audi...the brakes obviously work better...:)