Words of Comfort for Jan

SaintRichmond

If it is true that the players do not like to go out on the town because they don't want to face abuse, do you think that helps?

Ah the new stick to beat fans with. Even though we concluded yesterday that there is no proof of this, you are trotting it out. Saying enough times and it will be true.

Thank you, I should perhaps also add that experience is no guarantee of success if last season is anything to go by.

We have had several years where "experienced" mercenaries have named their price and our club has paid it, and yet people are now moaning because these players, the real leeches in the whole sorry drama, have been offloaded to look for other mugs to pay them large sums of money.

We cannot have it all ways. There are a number of experienced players in our squad that could be mixed with youth to give us a decent team with which to fight our corner, but injuries have left us desperately short of cover as well as one or two who still couldn't give a sh1t as long as the cash fills their bank account up every week.

Last season people were moaning because we weren't giving youth a chance on the premise of "surely they can't do worse". Well now they are being given their chance and people are still moaning that they aren't up to it.

I don't envy anyone on our current board because whatever they try to do it will be wrong. There is no quick fix for our problems and that is the bottom line

Nobody is saying there is a quick fix, more like did so much need fixing in the first place??

We had a young English manager in Pearsons who had served his time @ England, Newcastle & West Brom with the youth, U 21, reserve & caretaker roles. Pearson gave Lallana his debut last year so coupled with his track record with youth would suggest he could of followed the 'youth first policy'!

Leon Crouch had already identified that cost's would have to be cut & loaned out 2 high earners in Skacel & Rasiak last season, so i see no reason why he'd not of done what was needed to cut cost's this year. Also, according to Lowe, Crouch would of shut the corners this term as Lowe has done which again proves he was no mug and would of done what was needed even if it hurt.

My point is things were in place to make a go of it this year, I felt there was a renewed optimism at the end of last season. A united fan base, a togetherness, passion had been restored, atleast that's how I and my friends felt until the return of Lowe! I'm sorry but I feel he is the major obstacle at this club, i for one do not believe we'd be getting gates of 14k if the same management set were still in place now!

Jason.

But this is Lowes vision it always has been and you and I know it. Do you honestly believe this was the only avenue?

Do you believe that if Crouch was still in charge we would have this same setup?

At this present time it is killing the club slowly but surely wheather you like it or not.

Lowe came riding back on the back of Wilde telling us that without HIM we are doomed

so he got rid of our manager and came up with this. He installed these guys changed the club completley. And now the guy he installed is now telling us our players don't like playing at home.

This to me is a lame and kick in the teeth coment to the 14,000 VERY LOYAL fans who turn up at St Mary's.

so what do you propose as a realistic,viable alternative?

perhaps it wasnt the only avenue but where is the proof that it wasnt? i believe that if crouch was still here we would be furthur in the sh1t financially than we are now,he had a live now pay later attitude,an attitude that sends clubs to an early grave,leeds being a good example.

listen, i agree that things are bad and that the club could probably be run a bit differently but the constant witch hunt to lay the blame at somebodys door will kill the club off long before lowe does.

it has got to stop as it is not helping our situation at all.

i am 1 of the loyal 14000 and i want to continue to be for a long time but if this sh1t flinging carries on i wont have a club to support imo.

Wrong - The real leeches in the whole sorry drama are Lowe and his cronies.

Don't be so soft. It's widely known that upon losing the parachute payment, player wages went up substantially whilst performances on the pitch were in the main half hearted and lacklustre.

Lowe wasn't at the club during this time.

Still, if it doesn't suit your agenda, then obviously Lowe and his cronies are leeches (BTW I know for a fact that at least one of the board is not salaried for the work he does)

perhaps it wasnt the only avenue but where is the proof that it wasnt? i believe that if crouch was still here we would be furthur in the sh1t financially than we are now,he had a live now pay later attitude,an attitude that sends clubs to an early grave,leeds being a good example.

listen, i agree that things are bad and that the club could probably be run a bit differently but the constant witch hunt to lay the blame at somebodys door will kill the club off long before lowe does.

i am 1 of the loyal 14000 and i want to continue to be for a long time but if this sh1t flinging carries on i wont have a club to support imo.

I think that there is a possibility that because you went to this Shirley pub meeting with JP and some players, your head has been turned.

You want realistic alternatives? Just take the time to read the many posts on that very subject, notably by Um Pahars. Just as a starter, keeping Nigel Pearson and seeing how that panned out. Otherwise, playing a mixture of youngsters together with experienced pros to provide a balanced team, or implementing schemes to offer value and at the same time encouraging higher attendances are a couple of other ideas.

Regarding the "constant witch hunt" has it occurred to you that the divisive nature of Lowe and Wilde back in charge and their mad experiment is the single most important reason why the club is moving inextricably towards administration? Are you surprised that those real fans who can see this are pursuing every avenue to rid the club of these people?

The club's very survival depends predominantly on attendances. If you see no correlation between the falling numbers and the policies implemented by the board and wish to heap the blame on the fans who chose to either moan about things or just stay away, then you go ahead. If a horse drawn carriage is careering towards the precipice, it's obviously the passengers' fault and not the driver's, eh? :rolleyes:

I do love the way Crouch seems to get all the blame for Wildes financial mishaps.

what we will never know is whether, on same budget, whether NP would have done any better or worse.

Personally -don't think would have been much in it either way

Personally I think that we would have been higher up the table and playing to bigger crowds, as going on past records I believe that Pearson's loans would have been better than JP's and we would have played a better balanced mix of youngsters and experienced pros. I believe that fitness levels would be better and the defence more tightly drilled.

But of course, this would never have worked with Lowe in charge, as Pearson is his own man, not a puppet yes man.

Personally I think that we would have been higher up the table and playing to bigger crowds, as going on past records I believe that Pearson's loans would have been better than JP's and we would have played a better balanced mix of youngsters and experienced pros. I believe that fitness levels would be better and the defence more tightly drilled.

But of course, this would never have worked with Lowe in charge, as Pearson is his own man, not a puppet yes man.

i agree pearson may have got better loans but i think you would find that lowe would not have had the money for their wage demands to come here.

I think that there is a possibility that because you went to this Shirley pub meeting with JP and some players, your head has been turned.

You want realistic alternatives? Just take the time to read the many posts on that very subject, notably by Um Pahars. Just as a starter, keeping Nigel Pearson and seeing how that panned out. Otherwise, playing a mixture of youngsters together with experienced pros to provide a balanced team, or implementing schemes to offer value and at the same time encouraging higher attendances are a couple of other ideas.

Regarding the "constant witch hunt" has it occurred to you that the divisive nature of Lowe and Wilde back in charge and their mad experiment is the single most important reason why the club is moving inextricably towards administration? Are you surprised that those real fans who can see this are pursuing every avenue to rid the club of these people?

The club's very survival depends predominantly on attendances. If you see no correlation between the falling numbers and the policies implemented by the board and wish to heap the blame on the fans who chose to either moan about things or just stay away, then you go ahead. If a horse drawn carriage is careering towards the precipice, it's obviously the passengers' fault and not the driver's, eh? :rolleyes:

the shirley pub meeting has nothing to do with what i think about JP,do you think that one meeting with the management would sway my judgment? all i said about that was that JP seemed a good bloke and i hoped that he would get the backing so we could see the best of him.in fact the pub meeting was the 3rd time that i have met him and i had the same opinion before i met him the other night.

the alternatives that you and UM have proposed are history, NP has long gone for whatever reason and he wont be coming back,so that doesnt make it viable or realistic.the alternatives i am on about are ones that can be done now,we have what we have but if you are not happy with it then propose an alternative.

correct me if i am wrong but are we not already playing a mix of youngsters and experinece?

i agree with you on the point about trying to get the crowds coming back,i have 4 season tickets but i dont care how we do it,if it means i end up losing out then so be it but i think you will find that there are a lot of season ticket holders out there that will be p1ssed off and wont probably renew if they see that they are being done over.

where is the proof that what lowe and wilde are doing is a 'mad experiment',do

you honestly believe that they have the time and money to start experimenting/gambling,do you honestly think that the banks will allow lowe to play with the club like a toy............of course they wont.

the banks will step in long before it gets too desperate,they will force the changes on lowe,but they wont be the changes that everybody hopes for they will be an even cheaper option just to keep the club afloat.

ok lowe and wilde dont deserve to be here,both have in their own ways added to the situation we find ourselves in but where is the queue of people willing to put money into the club? lets say that lowe and wilde leave today,then what?

would the attendance rise on saturday? would the team play better football? would everybody be happy? would the banks sigh with relief?

no,nothing of any merit would change apart from a few people would be happy that they have left and apart from maybe crouch there would not be anybody willing to take the job.

tbh i dont give rats arse who runs the club,i dont blame the fans for the problems as you have said ,but i do take offence to fans that stay away,not spending a penny on the club and then moan about the finances.

dont you think that calling the stay aways and moaners the 'real fans' is a bit of a slap in the face for the fans that attend every week? i can see that you have the same regard for the fans as lowe does,probably why you seem to clash.

everybody needs to put their differences on the back burner and try and get behind what we already have in place.causing mischief seems to be a big problem on here,especially from some users who think they are more important than they are and who also think they represent the masses.how wrong they are.

Edited by lordswoodsaints