Words of Comfort for Jan

SaintRichmond

Well I don't go out on the town with the players so I don't know if they get stick or not as have been inferred but I am sure you and your nephew will put me right on that score.)

And what about at the match yesterday???

How did you rate the atmosphere and support from where you were sat???

Ah, back to the average thing in the top flight thing again. Perhaps yur nephew could explain to you that we didn't actually win very much when we were in the top flight and usually finished nearer the bottom than the top...isn't that average?

I'm sure many on here would happily swap those average/poor years in the top flight for the rubbish we are being served up now.

I have to laugh that the best defence of our current predicament is that we didn't win very much when we were in the top flight.:smt069:smt069

What is actually more concerning is if the Head Coach is starting to blame the fans.

He, and the team, need our support and shouldn't be doing anything to undermine that relationship.

So then, if the players are feeling pressure about playing home home, that is all in their head is it?

And what about at the match yesterday???

How did you rate the atmosphere and support from where you were sat???

I'm sure many on here would happily swap those average/poor years in the top flight for the rubbish we are being served up now.

I have to laugh that the best defence of our current predicament is that we didn't win very much when we were in the top flight.:smt069:smt069

Steve, or is it Steve's nephew, please don't tell me that you never sat through dross when we were in the top flight. One of the most boring games of football I sat saw was a 0-0 draw with Fulham.

You know what, we used to have an Empire and be one of the most powerful nations on earth, but are not any more. Things change. We are now a poor CCC side who may develop into a decent CCC side in future all being well. If you want to come on here and slag of the manager, sorry Head Coach, and Board that's fine. It might make you feel better, but it is not actually going to change anything is it?

The board of SFC have a plan, it may work it might not, but it is a long term plan and just because it is not working now, that doesn't mean to say that it will not work long term.

It is the same with the England team. I have been saying this for a while now, it is no coincidence that our home form is poor. The team need support, it is as simple as that.

Given the choice between 30,000 supporters who get behind the team and 14,000 who don't, what do you think would produce be best results?

Hmmm - you say the team need support but you also confess that you hardly ever go! A good case of don't do what I do just do what I say.

I cant believe that us fans that are left,who still go to every home game,are getting the blame for being negative.

I have had to endure some truely woeful games at St Marys this season and i think it speaks volumes that ive not heard any abuse aimed at the players(apart from calling BWPs lazy,but thats fair), and i stand in the Northam.

In fact people behind me were singing that song about Mc Goldric being better than Beckham and this was just after he shouldve scored.

It sounds to me that Portaloo is totally out of his depth and is using any excuse,rather than the real truth which is hes a s-h-i-t-e Head Coach.

Its a dangerous tactic to blame those of us who are left for the clubs problems,because i for one have had enough of this failed Lowe experiment.

So then, if the players are feeling pressure about playing home home, that is all in their head is it?

If, as you say the players are feeling the pressure from playing at home,

maybe the idiotic management team/coach should have kept some of the

experienced players we have farmed out and not brought in so many inexperienced loans.

Hmmm - you say the team need support but you also confess that you hardly ever go! A good case of don't do what I do just do what I say.

Does that mean that I can't have an opinion? Fine, I'll go and do some Christmas shopping for the kids and leave the rest of you who are entitled to an opinion to sort it out amongst yourselves.

Does that mean that I can't have an opinion? Fine, I'll go and do some Christmas shopping for the kids and leave the rest of you who are entitled to an opinion to sort it out amongst yourselves.

Of course you are entitled to have an opinion but you were saying or preaching even that the fans should give the players more support and yet you don't bother going yourself. So if we took a leaf out of your book there would be no one giving them any support whatsoever. How bizarre

You really aren't for real.

Of course you are entitled to have an opinion but you were saying or preaching even that the fans should give the players more support and yet you don't bother going yourself. So if we took a leaf out of your book there would be no one giving them any support whatsoever. How bizarre

LMFAO.

So here is someone who doesn't go to matches and yet:

a) Is the first to moan about players getting on the youngsters backs, without actually witnessing it:smt069:smt069

b) Suggests the youngsters need more support and yet doesn't go.

You don't have to go to matches to have an opinion, but it will impact on your ability to speak about issues that you don't have first hand knowledge about.

Sometimes you just couldn't make it up.

Would they have been more successful????, who knows, but let's not kid ourselves that Jan and the route we've taken was the only option available.

But I wasn't Steve, even the text of mine that you highlighted in bold had the words "few options" contained in it.

My point was that people are accusing Lowe of taking options based upon his personal choice and their own prejudices, rather than accepting that we are deep in the cack financially and they have taken a path which they hope will put the club back on track long term.

In the short term it doesn't appear to be working, but apart from a massive injection of funds, there are no short term options available to us, and injuries to key players are crippling our defence.

This season is going to be a long hard one (ooh er missus), but I do accept that our situation was forced upon us by finances and not just Lowe's choice based on his own plans for the club's future.

I do wish that Crouch had started to take some positive steps to reduce our debts and then maybe Lowe and Wilde wouldn't have felt the need to join forces and come back into the club, but he didn't and this is the result

It is the same with the England team. I have been saying this for a while now, it is no coincidence that our home form is poor. The team need support, it is as simple as that.

Given the choice between 30,000 supporters who get behind the team and 14,000 who don't, what do you think would produce be best results?

Been to most the away games this season and i disagree very strongly. The fans are not to blame. The people who pay £28 to turn up at home in the cold in the shadow of a recession to watch what we dish up are the best people you could ever meet. This whole misconception of "supporting" the team is total ******** and you know it. I support the team the best i can and that is being there to cheer them on. It is not cheep, it is very expensive. But if i pay that money and im cheering them on and the team look like a bunch of dodos and look like they couldn't give a **** then they dont deserve the support. In the games i've seen we play awful football and the fans try hard to get behind the team. After 8 defeats the people are still there trying to will them on. Even when we go 0-1 down you can hear the support for the team and you can feel the hunger of the crowd wanting them to do well. But if you have nothing to show for that game after game then the team needs to start helping itself. This is not a charity, this money goes to fill peoples pockets. The fans are supporting the players. But the players have to produce. That is the nature of it. If your under the cosh for 90mins and you lose more games then you win, to blame the fans is pretty pathetic really. Make the matches free then blame them. The last 30mins yesterday was as loud as i can remember, but the players didn't meet that level of support. That is the story of our club at the moment.

But I wasn't Steve, even the text of mine that you highlighted in bold had the words "few options" contained in it.

My point was that people are accusing Lowe of taking options based upon his personal choice and their own prejudices, rather than accepting that we are deep in the cack financially and they have taken a path which they hope will put the club back on track long term.

In the short term it doesn't appear to be working, but apart from a massive injection of funds, there are no short term options available to us, and injuries to key players are crippling our defence.

This season is going to be a long hard one (ooh er missus), but I do accept that our situation was forced upon us by finances and not just Lowe's choice based on his own plans for the club's future.

I do wish that Crouch had started to take some positive steps to reduce our debts and then maybe Lowe and Wilde wouldn't have felt the need to join forces and come back into the club, but he didn't and this is the result

Well he did, he loaned out Skacel and Rasiak. Not sure what else he could have done in 6 months when faced with a relagation battle. If he'd implemented "plan Lowe" last season we'd have surely gone down.

Edited by benjii

I had to work until 5 yesterday, so couldn't make the game and watched on TV.

Jon Goodman was prasing the Saints support and saying how they were getting behind the young lads. I feel our support has been fantastic this season and to get blamed whenever we lose at home is grating. Other clubs would have been in uproar had they had to endure Lowe/Wilde/Jan, and all the nonsense that goes with it...........

Will he did, he loaned out Skacel and Rasiak. Not sure what else he could have done in 6 months when faced with a relagation battle. If he'd implemented "plan Lowe" last season we'd have surely gone down.

True, he did loan out these two, and we all thought he was loopy at the time. In hindsight it was merely sticking one finger over a hole in a shower head.

Keeping Pearson on was one of those short term options that was clearly available.

We then have different tactics, team selectiopns etc etc etc.

We then have a different strategy of spending the little money we have.

The finances certainly dictate some of the choices that were available, but there are things we could have done differently.

Even now we could dispense of Jan and get someone else in who might (or might not) be able to do something different with exactly the same resources, as one of my ongoing concerns is that Jan is becoming a bit of a one trick continuing to play one up top when at home.

Would be nice if the majority of our match going home fans wheren't complete knobs. If only we had 30k fans like the ones who go away every week.

The only decent home atmosphere this season has been against Ipswich where the lads dug in and got a result, not a coincidence.

Thats because all the real fans are boycotting St Marys and the Lowe PLC and spending their money at away grounds.

Keeping Pearson on was one of those short term options that was clearly available.

We then have different tactics, team selectiopns etc etc etc.

We then have a different strategy of spending the little money we have.

The finances certainly dictate some of the choices that were available, but there are things we could have done differently.

Even now we could dispense of Jan and get someone else in who might (or might not) be able to do something different with exactly the same resources, as one of my ongoing concerns is that Jan is becoming a bit of a one trick continuing to play one up top when at home.

I get the feeling you're nitpicking here Steve :p

I was not convinced when Pearson came here, but he certainly did instil a sense of mental toughness to our team, and I too would have liked him to stay to finish what he started. He would have have exactly the same resources as JP and we can only speculate what he might have done, had he been given the chance.

I know JP was brought in because he has a good track record of working with kids and having relative success with them in the Dutch leagues where money is tight.

My fear for this strategy is that however successful he may have been in the Dutch leagues, he has no experience of our leagues and few, if any, foreign coaches have been successful at our level.

Whatever, the die is cast now and from the few options that were available before the season began, there are now no short term options that the club can employ to bring in major change. Different formations etc could be achieved by anyone, I'm specifically talking about our current financial situation.

Unless there's a no payout clause in JP's contract should he be sacked, our only option would be "er, Jan, you couldn't do us a favour and resign could you?"

You don't half talk crap Richmond. Lowe's philosophy is not that youth is the way to go at all. This has been forced upon us by previous boards overpaying underperforming prima donnas that left this club perilously close to administration.

Take your blinkers off ffs. We are playing youth becase it's Lowes idea. Money doesn't come into it as you can just as easily loan in a 25 or a 30 for the same wages.

Stthrobber, Lowe has had this desire to play the youth in the first team earlier than the Manager wanted for years. Just one example was in Redknap's 2nd season when Lowe was pressuring Redknap to play more youngsters and Redknap resisted it by throwing them into a League cup game which they lost.

The truth is Lowe is using the dire finances to justify this youth experiment. Yes the right word is "experiment". Just like the £1m squandered on the Woodward/training circus in our 1st CCC season.

Edited by Topcat

I get the feeling you're nitpicking here Steve :p

Sorry Rich, it never meant to come out like that, it's just I'm so pi655ed off with people claiming there was no other possible alternative for this season, when quite clearly there were many alternatives/options, with keeping Pearson being the most obvious one.

Of course there was no guarantee that he could have done any better, but I don't think the "they didn't have a choice" line should be used as an excuse to exonerate Lowe & co from facing the music if this experiment goes ti77ts up.

Frank Cousin's revelation last week that Wilde and Lowe were committed to a continental set up months before they took over shows that they were always going to go with this "revolutionary coaching set up" and that Pearson (was he even appointed at this point????) was a dead man walking.

My fear for this strategy is that however successful he may have been in the Dutch leagues, he has no experience of our leagues and few, if any, foreign coaches have been successful at our level.

Agree 100%.

I have nothing against him (and have bigged him up on occasions), it's just that I fear he is not the right man for us, in much the same way that as much as I thought Wigley was a good coach and a nice guy, he just wasn't the man for us.

Whatever, the die is cast now and from the few options that were available before the season began, there are now no short term options that the club can employ to bring in major change. Different formations etc could be achieved by anyone, I'm specifically talking about our current financial situation.

Unless there's a no payout clause in JP's contract should he be sacked, our only option would be "er, Jan, you couldn't do us a favour and resign could you?"

Within reason, as although we no longer have the benefit of pre season and the little money we had (rewind back to Sturrock and Wigley back in 2004), there may come a time when ploughing on with Jan is just not the right thing.

When that will come to a head, I don't know, and I honestly hope it never comes to that as I would love him to succeed. But there just may be a point when we have to call time on this experiment and try and get a "Pearsonesque" type of guy in.

Even if it means paying up Jan's salary and employing someone else then those costs might be peanuts compared to the cost of relegation and/or administration.

Take your blinkers off ffs. We are playing youth becase it's Lowes idea. Money doesn't come into it as you can just as easily loan in a 25 or a 30 for the same wages.

I think it's you who has the blinkers on Stan.

I know full well that money absolutely does come into it.

I don't understand the logic of getting in youth players on loan mind you, when it's clear that we need more experience, and I didn't understand the point of spending a million on Schneiderlin when a couple of decent CCC midfielders could have been signed, but if the Arsenal rumours are true, then whatever we get above what we paid, might justify that expense and allow us to get in some better players.

Our finances are dictating who we can sign, but the players themselves dictate what they want, otherwise I'm quite sure that we would have more experience and a bit less youth.

I had my reservations about the appointment of the Dutchmen and I fear those reservations are coming home to roost, but I do understand why they were brought here

I have been watching saints since 67 and believe me this is sh**. I have not heard so much tosh spoken for so long, when the boys are saying its difficult playing at home well yeah it is when you play like that. Tipi tapi school boy football 47mins I had to wait for a shot on goal, but thats ok so long as your careers stay on track eh!!

Lowe you haven't a clue, businessman !! get yourself a brewery and give it a go cos you sure cant run a footie club

oh well rant over!! sorry I just care and feel frustrated that I cant make a difference

I have been watching saints since 67 and believe me this is sh**. I have not heard so much tosh spoken for so long, when the boys are saying its difficult playing at home well yeah it is when you play like that. Tipi tapi school boy football 47mins I had to wait for a shot on goal, but thats ok so long as your careers stay on track eh!!

Lowe you haven't a clue, businessman !! get yourself a brewery and give it a go cos you sure cant run a footie club

oh well rant over!! sorry I just care and feel frustrated that I cant make a difference

I Know exactly how you feel

You don't half talk crap Richmond. Lowe's philosophy is not that youth is the way to go at all. This has been forced upon us by previous boards overpaying underperforming prima donnas that left this club perilously close to administration.

I'm sure Lowe would like to see far more experienced and developed players included in our side, but in order for our club to survive and for people to keep their jobs, unpleasant but necessary measures have had to be taken.

Even if someone other than Lowe was chairman at the start of the season, then they would have had few options available to them other than carry on as was and let the club go into administration, suffering more job losses, certain relegation and a very uncertain future (The Bournemouth or Luton way), or make cuts and try to develop our own team from our own academy and attempt to fight our way to a more healthy future.

We may still go into administration, we may be relegated, but it seems a shame that people are still allowing their judgements to be clouded by hatred

You write THAT and then tell ME I talk a load of Krap ??? You're having a laugh right ???

Lowe's philosophy IS that Youth is the way to go .... ask Jason Dodd for starters...... It was Lowe's Doctrine that we went with Youth, nothing to do with it being forced on us by previous Boards.

OK, we are in Financial mire, but I do NOT beleive that Barclays are calling the shots as regards Selling Players..... THAT is down to Lowe, and his obsession in getting rid of EVERYBODY that HE himself did not appoint

In a viable Business, you do not ASSET STRIP to the point of not being able to function properly .... Lowe has done exactly that

All that Lowe has done, is to Sell Sell Sell, and the end result of that is that it has not even scratched the surface of the massive overal DEBT we have

By comparison, the monies he has got from his Fire Sale is Chicken Feed. What he HAS achieved, is leaving Poortvliet with a Young Squad of players, one season short in CCC experience, and struggling to survive.

The reason why we find ourselves struggling is very simple ...... Lowe has got rid of EXPERIENCE ....... and in any BUSINESS, you need EXPERIENCE to survive.

Lowe's egotistical obsession in thinking he is never ever wrong in anything he says or does, is now taking us to the brink of another Relegation ...... when that happens, and Lowe says we have to cut costs to survive in Division 1 .......... what does he sell then ??????

I have come to the conclusion, that in the present circumstances, our only Hope as a Club, IS Administration, as a means of getting rid of, once and for all, all the Leeches that have for years, been sucking the life blood from the Saints

You write THAT and then tell ME I talk a load of Krap ??? You're having a laugh right ???

Lowe's philosophy IS that Youth is the way to go .... ask Jason Dodd for starters...... It was Lowe's Doctrine that we went with Youth, nothing to do with it being forced on us by previous Boards.

OK, we are in Financial mire, but I do NOT beleive that Barclays are calling the shots as regards Selling Players..... THAT is down to Lowe, and his obsession in getting rid of EVERYBODY that HE himself did not appoint

In a viable Business, you do not ASSET STRIP to the point of not being able to function properly .... Lowe has done exactly that

All that Lowe has done, is to Sell Sell Sell, and the end result of that is that it has not even scratched the surface of the massive overal DEBT we have

By comparison, the monies he has got from his Fire Sale is Chicken Feed. What he HAS achieved, is leaving Poortvliet with a Young Squad of players, one season short in CCC experience, and struggling to survive.

The reason why we find ourselves struggling is very simple ...... Lowe has got rid of EXPERIENCE ....... and in any BUSINESS, you need EXPERIENCE to survive.

Lowe's egotistical obsession in thinking he is never ever wrong in anything he says or does, is now taking us to the brink of another Relegation ...... when that happens, and Lowe says we have to cut costs to survive in Division 1 .......... what does he sell then ??????

I have come to the conclusion, that in the present circumstances, our only Hope as a Club, IS Administration, as a means of getting rid of, once and for all, all the Leeches that have for years, been sucking the life blood from the Saints

Not sure that is the answer - as other leeches would just come in and bleed us dry and make off with Staplewood and Jacksons Farm.

What we need is Lowe and Wilde to step down and then a team come in to manage the club hel[ped by a little financial backing which will be forthcoming once Lowe and Wilde's depart. Will it happen? There's the million dollar question right now. If things stay as they are though it will be deffo administration.

LMFAO.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did you think of the atmosphere yesterday???

Did you experience anyone abusing the players yesterday???

How did those react around you to the defeat???

PS If we were average to poor during our time in the top flight, how would you rate the current team.

PPS I actually reckon my nephew could do a better job than Lowe as DOF.

Not wishing to join in a private argument, but taking your first few questions seriously:

I thought the atmosphere yesterday was better than it has been of late at St Mary's. More of the crowd were singing than usual, not just the really sparsely populated northam.

I was not aware of anyone abusing the players, apart from occasional abuse at just about all of them from a bloke behind me who I've never seen before, so is presumably not a regular,

And ditto reaction to the defeat ..mostly resigned frustration -- no abuse apart from fly-by-night pillock behind, who I think is simply habitually foul-mouthed.

K.

Would be nice if the majority of our match going home fans wheren't complete knobs.

I agree that the majority of our home fans are complete knobs. Those who bought early bird STs have a reasonable excuse and can argue that having already shelled out their hard-earned they might as well attend, either because they're masochists or want time off from their wife and families.

But the others who do not have STs and yet still go, (myself and son included) are the biggest knobs of all. If we had any intelligence, we would have worked out long ago that the entertainment, (or more correctly the lack of it) was not worth the money and that our continued contributions are in fact delaying the departure of the very people responsible for the dross on offer.

That may be so, but it doesn't deal with the fact that both the manager and the goalkeeper feel that the team feels more pressure at home. As I have said before, it is the same with the England team, and you can't tell me that they are not as skillful as other sides.

Not any more ...... They have a MANAGER worthy of the name, and the results have started to come.

But I do not think the England Manager could turn things around at St Mary's .... Lowe has let the available Standard drop too far.

Well I would ask Jason Dodd except he isn't a mate of mine therefore making it difficult for me. I'm not sure of the circumstances of his and John Gorman's recent departures, but I would guess that they left on Lowe's return, therefore making Jason, understandably a bit disgruntled. I'm not saying if that's what he's said, then he's wrong, but he would put a different spin on things from someone still at the club.

Administration is the desperate fan's avenue of choice. As people have pointed out ad nauseum it will not necessarily get rid of the board that you want out, they could make an offer to the administrator and buy the club's assets back for a nominal sum and I assume we would still have a reather unhealthy debt to get rid of. It will virtually guarantee relegation and these days it seems, give us a further points reduction the following season, making it very difficult to gain automatic promotion if that was the aim.

Believe it or not, I can read English and therefore you don't need to highlight or emphasise anything to make your point. I'm quite literate thanks.

Of course the bank is calling the shots. They may not have told us who we should sell, but we have a debt which is substantial and was unsustainable at the levels we were saddled with by previous administrations, and I include Lowe in this because he signed Rasiak.

We do still have a number of players with experience, but we have suffered injuries to some of them, notably Killer and Wayne Thomas, who is a clogger, but an experienced clogger nonetheless.

I'm actually struggling to think of any players we have sold, as opposed to released or loaned, but whilst any transfer fees will not have brought us in a huge amount of cash, it will have reduced the wage bill, which was desperately needed for the club to continue trading.

I'm not happy with where we are, but I do appreciate that unpleasant measures were, and are needed to give this club a chance of survival this season

Well I would ask Jason Dodd except he isn't a mate of mine therefore making it difficult for me. I'm not sure of the circumstances of his and John Gorman's recent departures, but I would guess that they left on Lowe's return, therefore making Jason, understandably a bit disgruntled. I'm not saying if that's what he's said, then he's wrong, but he would put a different spin on things from someone still at the club.

Administration is the desperate fan's avenue of choice. As people have pointed out ad nauseum it will not necessarily get rid of the board that you want out, they could make an offer to the administrator and buy the club's assets back for a nominal sum and I assume we would still have a reather unhealthy debt to get rid of. It will virtually guarantee relegation and these days it seems, give us a further points reduction the following season, making it very difficult to gain automatic promotion if that was the aim.

Believe it or not, I can read English and therefore you don't need to highlight or emphasise anything to make your point. I'm quite literate thanks.

Of course the bank is calling the shots. They may not have told us who we should sell, but we have a debt which is substantial and was unsustainable at the levels we were saddled with by previous administrations, and I include Lowe in this because he signed Rasiak.

We do still have a number of players with experience, but we have suffered injuries to some of them, notably Killer and Wayne Thomas, who is a clogger, but an experienced clogger nonetheless.

I'm actually struggling to think of any players we have sold, as opposed to released or loaned, but whilst any transfer fees will not have brought us in a huge amount of cash, it will have reduced the wage bill, which was desperately needed for the club to continue trading.

I'm not happy with where we are, but I do appreciate that unpleasant measures were, and are needed to give this club a chance of survival this season

Well said Rich, won't make them understand of course but at least I feel less alone in the fray. I don't like Lowe, but I can see that what's being done is necessary. I don't like going to the dentist either but sometimes it's necessary in the long run.

Would be nice if the majority of our match going home fans wheren't complete knobs. If only we had 30k fans like the ones who go away every week.

The only decent home atmosphere this season has been against Ipswich where the lads dug in and got a result, not a coincidence.

I trust you include yourself in that comment or do you not actually go?

the simple truth is that probably 99.9999% of saints fans dont know the truth about what is happening at the club and what the plan is.

lowe is getting the blame for the things that are happening but is this justified? some people call it 'lowes experiment' but he is not stupid,do you all honestly believe that lowe would experiment when we havnt even got the money to pay for toilet rolls........of course not.

do you honestly think that lowe actually wants things to be like they are.....of course not,if he had a choice he would go out and employ a top flight experienced manager and then go and blow a few £m on some decent signings.

im not trying to defend the bloke but some of you are so blinded by the whole lowe thing that common sense seems to have abandoned your heads.

lowe is partly responsible for our demise but if you lot had your way he would get the blame for everything bad in the universe.

its time to give the witch hunt a break,it is slowly killing the club.

the simple truth is that probably 99.9999% of saints fans dont know the truth about what is happening at the club and what the plan is.

lowe is getting the blame for the things that are happening but is this justified? some people call it 'lowes experiment' but he is not stupid,do you all honestly believe that lowe would experiment when we havnt even got the money to pay for toilet rolls........of course not.

do you honestly think that lowe actually wants things to be like they are.....of course not,if he had a choice he would go out and employ a top flight experienced manager and then go and blow a few £m on some decent signings.

im not trying to defend the bloke but some of you are so blinded by the whole lowe thing that common sense seems to have abandoned your heads.

lowe is partly responsible for our demise but if you lot had your way he would get the blame for everything bad in the universe.

chicken or egg comes to mind

I thought the fans were pretty good on Saturday considering the total non-event of a first half.

I don't think Jan is trying to blame the fans as such, simply pointing out that there is naturally a bit more pressure/expectation on the team at home, and some of the younger lads are struggling with it slightly. He regularly points out that the team appreciate the support they get, and Davis said the same in his interview too.

What on earth are you talking about??? Just because I don't go to many matches (and I am not going to justify myself to you) I can't have an opinion???

I have said before that both the England side and SFC seem to have an issue about playing at home. Both JP and David have made the point about playing at home. I don't think it is a bricks and mortar thing, I think they are talking about the pressure of playing in front of their fans, don't you?

I don't have to go to every match to have an opinion about this.

How bizarre. Are you Alpine is disguise?

But this is Lowes vision it always has been and you and I know it. Do you honestly believe this was the only avenue?

Do you believe that if Crouch was still in charge we would have this same setup?

At this present time it is killing the club slowly but surely wheather you like it or not.

Lowe came riding back on the back of Wilde telling us that without HIM we are doomed

so he got rid of our manager and came up with this. He installed these guys changed the club completley. And now the guy he installed is now telling us our players don't like playing at home.

This to me is a lame and kick in the teeth coment to the 14,000 VERY LOYAL fans who turn up at St Mary's.

What on earth are you talking about??? Just because I don't go to many matches (and I am not going to justify myself to you) I can't have an opinion???

I have said before that both the England side and SFC seem to have an issue about playing at home. Both JP and David have made the point about playing at home. I don't think it is a bricks and mortar thing, I think they are talking about the pressure of playing in front of their fans, don't you?

I think people were expatiating on your hypocrisy rather than your ability to hold an opinion (which you have every right to, no matter how misguided).

Maybe the well worn cliché "practice what you preach" is the most pertient phrase in this situation.

I think people were expatiating on your hypocrisy rather than your ability to hold an opinion (which you have every right to, no matter how misguided).

Maybe the well worn cliché "practice what you preach" is the most pertient phrase in this situation.

hear hear

If our away form was out of this world you might have something, the 14,000 there yesterday gave nothing but 100% support so what went wrong yesterday?

Arsenal were booed of the pitch the other week by their fantastic fans even Pompey fans (infact get real every teams fans get on the players backs at sometime)

These kids have had nothing but 100% support at home from our fans, so in your eyes and Jan what exactly are these fans doing wrong?

Its a lame excuse to me and an insult to the red and white few who are still with this lot week in and out.

Well said Rich, won't make them understand of course but at least I feel less alone in the fray. I don't like Lowe, but I can see that what's being done is necessary. I don't like going to the dentist either but sometimes it's necessary in the long run.

Thank you, I should perhaps also add that experience is no guarantee of success if last season is anything to go by.

We have had several years where "experienced" mercenaries have named their price and our club has paid it, and yet people are now moaning because these players, the real leeches in the whole sorry drama, have been offloaded to look for other mugs to pay them large sums of money.

We cannot have it all ways. There are a number of experienced players in our squad that could be mixed with youth to give us a decent team with which to fight our corner, but injuries have left us desperately short of cover as well as one or two who still couldn't give a sh1t as long as the cash fills their bank account up every week.

Last season people were moaning because we weren't giving youth a chance on the premise of "surely they can't do worse". Well now they are being given their chance and people are still moaning that they aren't up to it.

I don't envy anyone on our current board because whatever they try to do it will be wrong. There is no quick fix for our problems and that is the bottom line

There are many different ways to support the club. Just because I don't go to many matches does not make me a hypocrite.

I do practice what I preach. I do not come on here and slag off managers or board members ad infinitum.

I do not slag off the players.

I do not come on here calling for all and sundry to be sacked.

I am postive about the club and have supported them in my own way (yes, including going to matches) since 1966.

If that makes me a hypocrite in your book I suggest that it is you who has the problem, not I.

If you had botherd to read my previous posts I have been saying for some time that any idiot can "support" a club when it is doing well in the Prem. The time for true "support" comes when things are not going well.

Do you think people who used to go regualarly but don't know now because of Lowe are helping matters? If it is true that the players do not like to go out on the town because they don't want to face abuse, do you think that helps?

Instead of having a pop at me, think about the negative people involved with SFC and what affect they are having on the club.

There are many different ways to support the club. Just because I don't go to many matches does not make me a hypocrite.

I do practice what I preach. I do not come on here and slag off managers or board members ad infinitum.

I do not slag off the players.

I do not come on here calling for all and sundry to be sacked.

I am postive about the club and have supported them in my own way (yes, including going to matches) since 1966.

If that makes me a hypocrite in your book I suggest that it is you who has the problem, not I.

If you had botherd to read my previous posts I have been saying for some time that any idiot can "support" a club when it is doing well in the Prem. The time for true "support" comes when things are not going well.

Do you think people who used to go regualarly but don't know now because of Lowe are helping matters? If it is true that the players do not like to go out on the town because they don't want to face abuse, do you think that helps?

Instead of having a pop at me, think about the negative people involved with SFC and what affect they are having on the club.

That's utter balderdash.

It's because they can't get served.

We have had several years where "experienced" mercenaries have named their price and our club has paid it, and yet people are now moaning because these players, the real leeches in the whole sorry drama, have been offloaded to look for other mugs to pay them large sums of money.

Wrong - The real leeches in the whole sorry drama are Lowe and his cronies.