Words of Comfort for Jan

SaintRichmond

Apparently, Jan has now stated that "his" Team are afraid of turning out at St Mary's ......... and that they play better away from home ........

DON'T WORRY Jan ..........

After a few more losses at Home, it will be just you, and the Ruddy Faced Tw*t who insisted on the "Youth is the CCC way" philosophy ..........

So, can the last one out turn off the lights please .........

PS, just a thought ....... wouldn't it have been nice to be able to call upon a proven goal scorer V Bristol City ....... someone like STERN JOHN for example .... Nice one Lowe, that latest astute Business deal worked a treat didn't it ???

Roll on Administration, before he sells what little we have left

Would be nice if the majority of our match going home fans wheren't complete knobs. If only we had 30k fans like the ones who go away every week.

The only decent home atmosphere this season has been against Ipswich where the lads dug in and got a result, not a coincidence.

Back on planet earth:rolleyes:

It is the same with the England team. I have been saying this for a while now, it is no coincidence that our home form is poor. The team need support, it is as simple as that.

Given the choice between 30,000 supporters who get behind the team and 14,000 who don't, what do you think would produce be best results?

Would be nice if the majority of our match going home fans wheren't complete knobs. If only we had 30k fans like the ones who go away every week.

The only decent home atmosphere this season has been against Ipswich where the lads dug in and got a result, not a coincidence.

not Norwich then!!!

It is the same with the England team. I have been saying this for a while now, it is no coincidence that our home form is poor. The team need support, it is as simple as that.

Given the choice between 30,000 supporters who get behind the team and 14,000 who don't, what do you think would produce be best results?

I think that the 14k are magnifcent, the other 16k are the ones who moan and boo as they have given up.

Considering everything the ones who stayed behind the team yesterday were great

tbh jan said the other night that the majority of the players live in ocean village but are too afraid to even go shopping in town for fear of getting abused.

not an ideal situation for the youngsters.

I don't believe that is the case at all. I'm disappointed to hear Jan stay stuff like that.

So its changed on this board from the fans being heroic and hard core to being toxic. I cant believe we have be reduce to this.

Davis has also said that he thinks that the pressure is getting to the kids at home. If we are to progress this has to stop. Why anyone would want to abuse a player when he is out and about is beyond me. If the people that do that think it helps God help us all.

What evidence have we got that this has happened. None.

I think that the 14k are magnifcent, the other 16k are the ones who moan and boo as they have given up.

I don't doubt it Nick, my point was that we are better of with positive support (no matter what size) than negative support.

But we have evidence that we play better away than at home. Why would Jan or Davis say such things if there was nothing in it?

He said pressure, not abuse from home fans.

If kids can't take pressure then don't play kids who can't hack it.

They are well-paid "entertainers". If they can't take a bit of negative pressure, it's just as well they aren't trying their luck at earning their living as musicians or comedians. They'd find out what real heckling is all about nice and close up.

But we have evidence that we play better away than at home. Why would Jan or Davis say such things if there was nothing in it?

I am talking about players being abused in the street, what evidence is there that this has happened.

I am sure that the pressure is getting to the lads, they want to perform in front of their home fans and they are not at the moment. The team is underperforming for a number of reasons and the pressure is on them for all these reasons not just down to the crowd alone. They are the professionals and have to work through this period. Is the crowd at St Marys that bad.

tbh jan said the other night that the majority of the players live in ocean village but are too afraid to even go shopping in town for fear of getting abused.

Staggered by that comment.

Players love playing for this club because they are allowed to live a private life by the population. that was why WGS liked it

What utter crap, I doubt anybody would recognise them, or even care. They are not exactly household names and anyway 29 have played this season. Only 13000 fans at the matches these days, I've seen most of the matches this season and would be hard pressed to recognise more than half a dozen.

Rather than the home fans (or lack of ) being the problem, how about looking at the way the lumbering oaf that is Adebola was able to stroll through our "defence" like a Buffalo swatting off flies ! Ditto every other CCC team that has decided total football will not win them enough games and instead play with a big man at centre half and centre forward.

I am talking about players being abused in the street, what evidence is there that this has happened.

I am sure that the pressure is getting to the lads, they want to perform in front of their home fans and they are not at the moment. The team is underperforming for a number of reasons and the pressure is on them for all these reasons not just down to the crowd alone. They are the professionals and have to work through this period. Is the crowd at St Marys that bad.

I don't know if there is any evidence, but if it is being talked about you have to wonder why.

It is only natural when things are going bad that people get frustrated. Thing is, despite everything we have to try and be postive and work through this period.

The players do not perform at home, that much is evident, for whatever reason. That needs to change if we are to stay up and for that to happen the players must feel that they have the support of the crowd.

Whatever people feel about Lowe and Wilde, they should get behind the guys who pull on the shirts every week. They are what it is all about, not the people who run the club.

The reason the team plays better away is quite simple.They get more space.

Their inability to do as well at home demonstrates that they are not as skillfull as we thought they were,they are inexperienced,their decision-making is very poor,they can't shoot properly,their movement is very poor.

Even top players find it harder to play when players are tight against them,but they find enough to get the job done most of the time.

We have vastly exaggerated the ability of our lads,and we have underestimated the ability of opposing players in this league.

ithink you are right about the 14,ooo who turn up,they have been fantastic,it seems to be the posters on here who complain the most.

Their inability to do as well at home demonstrates that they are not as skillfull as we thought they were,they are inexperienced,their decision-making is very poor,they can't shoot properly,their movement is very poor.

Even top players find it harder to play when players are tight against them,but they find enough to get the job done most of the time.

We have vastly exaggerated the ability of our lads,and we have underestimated the ability of opposing players in this league.

we have struggled for the last 2 seasons to break down teams at home has most sides pack their defence and midfield when they come to st marys and shut down space.

ithink you are right about the 14,ooo who turn up,they have been fantastic,it seems to be the posters on here who complain the most.

That must make me a Fantastic Complainer then ...

I am a ST holder, give my SUPPORT at the Match, and reserve my complaining to this Site, because the Site is where I think it best be done.

I would have thought that was worthy of a mention at the time rather than saved up for post-match reaction?

More excuses from Jan.

What will happen next in the excuse book..

He will Troll out the same old lines ...... What he will NOT do is ...

Dare to mention that Lowe's philosophy of "Kids" is not working

Dare to mention that "total football" has been amended to "pass, pass, then Hoof"

Dare to mention that he has (already) exhausted any ideas that he did have

Dare to mention that he is way way out of his depth. ( I've seen more "vision" at a Sunday morning match )

I think Wolves will get ample revenge for the 6-0 loss they sufferred at our hands not too long ago

Apparently, Jan has now stated that "his" Team are afraid of turning out at St Mary's ......... and that they play better away from home ........

After a few more losses at Home, it will be just you, and the Ruddy Faced Tw*t who insisted on the "Youth is the CCC way" philosophy ..........

PS, just a thought ....... wouldn't it have been nice to be able to call upon a proven goal scorer V Bristol City ....... someone like STERN JOHN for example .... Nice one Lowe, that latest astute Business deal worked a treat didn't it ???

You don't half talk crap Richmond. Lowe's philosophy is not that youth is the way to go at all. This has been forced upon us by previous boards overpaying underperforming prima donnas that left this club perilously close to administration.

I'm sure Lowe would like to see far more experienced and developed players included in our side, but in order for our club to survive and for people to keep their jobs, unpleasant but necessary measures have had to be taken.

Even if someone other than Lowe was chairman at the start of the season, then they would have had few options available to them other than carry on as was and let the club go into administration, suffering more job losses, certain relegation and a very uncertain future (The Bournemouth or Luton way), or make cuts and try to develop our own team from our own academy and attempt to fight our way to a more healthy future.

We may still go into administration, we may be relegated, but it seems a shame that people are still allowing their judgements to be clouded by hatred

Yeah, cos he's really looked like scoring in the games he's played this season. I must have imagined it when he missed a header from six yards that would've put us ahead against Birmingham...he's such a proven goal scorer, he would never have missed a chance like that....surely......................................................................................

Rather than the home fans (or lack of ) being the problem, how about looking at the way the lumbering oaf that is Adebola was able to stroll through our "defence" like a Buffalo swatting off flies ! Ditto every other CCC team that has decided total football will not win them enough games and instead play with a big man at centre half and centre forward.

CORRECT ........pity we no longer have a BIG CH, or a BIG CF ....... whose idea was that then ???

He's going down in my estimation with this comment.

Once again I thought the support yesterday was really good (considering how many were there) and there were many in the Itchen really urging the team on (a quick note to those who don't attend - there is hardly any negativity at the ground at the moment, so you're barking up the wrong tree claiming otherwise).

I don't think there has been any animosity or abuse aimed at the players, the vast majority are behind them and can see they are trying their best. They may not have the ability to cope with this division, but there can be no doubting their efforts and tenacity in the circumstances.

Personally, I'm beginning to get a bit bored of all the accusations blaming the fans for our predicament, and particularly pi6655ed off at those having a pop at the rump 14,000 who continue to go and support the team.

Yeah, cos he's really looked like scoring in the games he's played this season. I must have imagined it when he missed a header from six yards that would've put us ahead against Birmingham...he's such a proven goal scorer, he would never have missed a chance like that....surely

Yes. One miss is conclusive proof that we don't need any experienced strikers in the squad, and especially not Stern John who, despite missing numerous sitters, still scored 29 goals last season.

It's not like DMG and BWP have never missed sitters either.

Even if someone other than Lowe was chairman at the start of the season, then they would have had few options available to them other than carry on as was and let the club go into administration, suffering more job losses, certain relegation and a very uncertain future (The Bournemouth or Luton way), or make cuts and try to develop our own team from our own academy and attempt to fight our way to a more healthy future.

Could have kept Pearson on.

Could have played a different style or formation (i.e. not persist with one up top when at home).

Could have been more focussed with our signings, rather than get the 11 or 12 odd new players in.

Could have gone for fewer in number and included a number of more experienced players.

Could have gone for fewer in number and managed to hold on to some of the more important players.

Could have done alot of things differently.

Of course, some avenues were closed due to our financial problems, but there were a number of alternatives and choices we could have made differently.

Would they have been more successful????, who knows, but let's not kid ourselves that Jan and the route we've taken was the only option available.

That may be so, but it doesn't deal with the fact that both the manager and the goalkeeper feel that the team feels more pressure at home. As I have said before, it is the same with the England team, and you can't tell me that they are not as skillful as other sides.

Could have played a different style or formation (i.e. not persist with one up top when at home).

Could have been more focussed with our signings, rather than get the 11 or 12 odd new players in.

Could have gone for fewer in number and included a number of more experienced players.

Could have gone for fewer in number and managed to hold on to some of the more important players.

Of course, some avenues were closed due to our financial problems, but there were a number of alternatives and choices we could have made differently.

Would they have been more successful????, who knows, but let's not kid ourselves that Jan and the route we've taken was the only option available.

I think I have discovered where we went wrong, we should have brought you in as our Director of Football and all now would be well.

Our results away are better than at home because when we are at home, the opposition sits back and we are supposed to make the play. Our totally unsuitable formation means we can't do this and so we end up doing nothing and ultimately getting beat. Not much to do with the fans IMO.... that's an excuse. We playon the counter attack away from home and that's what we're set up for. If JP doesn't realise this and doesn't realise that we need to play a different way when at home then he's not got a clue IMO.

Exactly right in my opinion

Our results away are better than at home because when we are at home, the opposition sits back and we are supposed to make the play. Our totally unsuitable formation means we can't do this and so we end up doing nothing and ultimately getting beat. Not much to do with the fans IMO.... that's an excuse. We playon the counter attack away from home and that's what we're set up for. If JP doesn't realise this and doesn't realise that we need to play a different way when at home then he's not got a clue IMO.

Ever since we left The Dell our home form has not been that brilliant and a number of managers have struggled to turn that around.

I think I have discovered where we went wrong, we should have brought you in as our Director of Football and all now would be well.

LMFAO.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did you think of the atmosphere yesterday???

Did you experience anyone abusing the players yesterday???

How did those react around you to the defeat???

PS If we were average to poor during our time in the top flight, how would you rate the current team.

PPS I actually reckon my nephew could do a better job than Lowe as DOF.

LMFAO.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did you think of the atmosphere yesterday???

Did you experience anyone abusing the players yesterday???

How did those react around you to the defeat???

PS If we were average to poor during our time in the top flight, how would you rate the current team.

PPS I actually reckon my nephew could do a better job than Lowe as DOF.

Well I don't go out on the town with the players so I don't know if they get stick or not as have been inferred but I am sure you and your nephew will put me right on that score.

Ah, back to the average thing in the top flight thing again. Perhaps yur nephew could explain to you that we didn't actually win very much when we were in the top flight and usually finished nearer the bottom than the top...isn't that average?

As for now, I would say that we are a below average CCC side along with several other clubs who used to be be average Prem sides.

Still, if you were to take over here and your nephew at Norwich or Charlton I am sure that with your superior skills at running football clubs the futuneswould soon be on the rise.

(feel free to add lots of rolley eyes things here, I am sure your nephew likes them LOL)