White goes out on loan

Pancake

This is a good move for the lad. Lge 2 is even more physical than the CC. From seeing the Blackpool game he clearly isn't ready for the 1st team just yet (I know he had a decent debut against Derby). This should toughen him up and give him some confidence.

He should get a few games under his belt and Shrewsbury are doing OK in the League...

If we have a promising striker - send him out on loan!!

Home goals scored so far - 0nly SIX.

He may not be the answer, but he has been on song for the Reserves. Certainly, what we have up front ain't any good!

I despair.

I think JP and Wotte are in a better position to decide on what to do with White in the short time.

Seems a good move to me

This is a good move for the lad. Lge 2 is even more physical than the CC. From seeing the Blackpool game he clearly isn't ready for the 1st team just yet (I know he had a decent debut against Derby). This should toughen him up and give him some confidence.

He should get a few games under his belt and Shrewsbury are doing OK in the League...

Agreed...

Good move for both White and Southampton.

White needs to be playing reguarly to improve and gaining some valuable first-team experience is essential.

Hopefully he'll do well there, come back to us full of confidence and then we should start to reap the rewards.

To quote Shrewsbury Manager Paul Simpson:

"I've seen clips of him playing and people I know have given me good reports, at the moment he is scoring goals for the reserves and is one of number of players who come out of the youth set-up there and that they have high hopes of."

FFS! The manager hasn't even met him! Hasn't even seen him play! That Roland Wycherley is signing players over his head again...WYCHERLEY OUT!

Shrewsbury are bizarre on the goalscoring front at the moment (24 goals in 8 games at home; 7 in 7 away), so that will hopefully give Jamie a chance to get some games, and a bit of first team experience.

As people have said, it sounds like a good deal for both sides, provided we don't just go and flog him for a pittance in January.

From the players point of view the further away from Saints the better..He may have a chance of some proper coaching.......He has been badly utilised at the Saints...

Our coaching set up is not best suited to develop talent in the correct way.....It has been a carnival and some of these poor lads, including White, must wonder what is happening....Very good luck to White..A true star..

From the players point of view the further away from Saints the better..He may have a chance of some proper coaching.......He has been badly utilised at the Saints...

Our coaching set up is not best suited to develop talent in the correct way.....It has been a carnival and some of these poor lads, including White, must wonder what is happening....Very good luck to White..A true star..

He came on as sub tonight, played 25mins or so after only meeting his team mates this afternoon.

BTW what you wrote has no substance to it. The coaching is great for the youngsters, its just the inexperience which isnt helping us right now!

He came on as sub tonight, played 25mins or so after only meeting his team mates this afternoon.

BTW what you wrote has no substance to it. The coaching is great for the youngsters, its just the inexperience which isnt helping us right now!

My comments have total substance as the coaching of the youngsters at Saints is suitable for youngsters in U/18 league or a young progressing reserve side to a good or at least half decent CCC side....The way they are being coached as if all youngsters are suitable for CCC games is incorrect and will ruin many of their careers.... Experience aided by 2/3 or even 3/4 youngsters being brought through gradually as first team players....

Although my initial reaction is to blame the coaches for unsuitable coaching and team selection of many of these youngsters, the fault lies with The Director of football for putting JP in this untenable position..

Many of the youngsters should stay with Wotte and JP in a youth developing programme with A pEARSON TYPE COMPETENT COACH IN THE ccc

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad he's out on loan and can get some games/goals under his belt.

Was talking to him a couple of Saturday nights ago in town and said that Saints was pretty much up in the air at the moment and that a few options were available for him to have a look at. Good decent lad.

Keeps on scoring, he'll be sold in bloody january

To quote Shrewsbury Manager Paul Simpson:

"I've seen clips of him playing and people I know have given me good reports, at the moment he is scoring goals for the reserves and is one of number of players who come out of the youth set-up there and that they have high hopes of."

FFS! The manager hasn't even met him! Hasn't even seen him play! That Roland Wycherley is signing players over his head again...WYCHERLEY OUT!

Dont blame the manager, he's only doing what his chairman told hm to do.

Oops slipped into Saints forum auto-moan mode for a second.