• Pearce
    • Skacel
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Euell
    • DMG
    • Perry
    • Schneiderlin

will you please stop speaking and give your arsehole a rest. We took them apart for the entire second half with only ten men. We created two or three tremendous chances in that period and therefore there was EVERY chance that we would get something from the game.

Read McCarthy's comments from after the game and you will see he thought they were lucky to come away with the points.

You can see **** all from 1000 miles away. **** all.

Completely deluded.

Looking forward to your positivity after Reading have put 5 past us...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The ref was a cvnt but then most of them are at this level. It was bad enough in the PL. What is it with English refs and linos? If we can have 4 leagues full of overseas players, we can have overseas refs until ours get fit/stop being biased/stop being media tarts. Seriously, I wouldn't be suprised if Saturday's ref either a) had a few quid on Wolves winning 2-1 or b) got a nice brown envelope from someone pre-match. I've seen some bad refs over the last 4 years but this guy was much worse but we'll struggle to ever prove it.

Having said that, there's probably some UEFA or FIFA edict saying that we can't import superior, proper "professional" refs from Scandinavia, Italy, Spain, Germany or France. The Football League may as well have saved money and pulled a Wolves fan out of the away end to take charge.

I thought that's what happened anyway.

I thought that's what happened anyway.

It certainly seemed like it. Some refs give subtle decisions one way but this joker was blatant. Still, Keith Hackett won't do anything and it'll be another Graham Poll or Uriah Rennie wannabe next week. Refereeing is a very tough job but I thought the flak given out on Saturday was spot on for once.

Informed ? I suppose you are one of the Self-Appointed Ueber-Fans who think that posessing a season ticket entitles you to be in complete denial about the situation the club is in whilst you sneer at everyone else who dares to offer an opinion ?

Reply to me or dont - I couldnt give a shiny one. But considering your "informed" position, you are still writing bolllocks.

As this post is supposed to be about our feelings on the game and I fail to see where your remarks are coming from or what they have to do with the given subject. Not sure that insulting me has much bearing either and it certainly does not strengthen your arguement, whatever that is.

Your comments should be posted in another thread, which you could start, so that other like minded doom and gloomers can group together to wail over each other.

As for me I am not a 'self appointed' anything. I am just a Saints fan who came on a Saints message board to comment on the days match. I certainly did not think I would end up defending my view of something against someone who didn't even see it. However, I have read most of the posts in this thread and there appears to be several like yourself on here (only less insulting) who only seem to want to tell everyone 'how dare you enjoy watching a game of football' and more to the point 'how dare you have an opinion' as well.

It is easy to state the obvious. Once I upset someone and they pointed at me and said 'you are going to die' - eventually they will be right and so may you be, but for now we are not relegated and we are playing some nice football. One day we might get relegated and until then I will support us in the Championship and my comments will be about the game I saw.

Completely deluded.

Looking forward to your positivity after Reading have put 5 past us...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I went to the game and saw us outplay Wolves for three quarters of the game. You didn't see the game and yet you call me deluded. Deluded about what? What I saw with my own two eyes?

I said before the season started that we would go down and I've stuck with that win lose or draw. That doesn't mean I can't say we played well when we did and it doesn't mean I don't hope that we manage to stay up.

Why do you need to call supporters of this club happyclappy, uber fans or deluded whenever they say anything positive on here?

For your information Saturday was a terrific game, the best I have seen this season and although another defeat was added to the list the vast number of fans staying after the whistle to applaud the players off the pitch showed how well they had done.

Edited by Chez

As this post is supposed to be about our feelings on the game and I fail to see where your remarks are coming from or what they have to do with the given subject. Not sure that insulting me has much bearing either and it certainly does not strengthen your arguement, whatever that is.

Your comments should be posted in another thread, which you could start, so that other like minded doom and gloomers can group together to wail over each other.

As for me I am not a 'self appointed' anything. I am just a Saints fan who came on a Saints message board to comment on the days match. I certainly did not think I would end up defending my view of something against someone who didn't even see it. However, I have read most of the posts in this thread and there appears to be several like yourself on here (only less insulting) who only seem to want to tell everyone 'how dare you enjoy watching a game of football' and more to the point 'how dare you have an opinion' as well.

It is easy to state the obvious. Once I upset someone and they pointed at me and said 'you are going to die' - eventually they will be right and so may you be, but for now we are not relegated and we are playing some nice football. One day we might get relegated and until then I will support us in the Championship and my comments will be about the game I saw.

nice post. I enjoyed the game as well. We played some lovely stuff. The way McGoldrick, Surman and Lallana link up is a delight to watch. McGoldrick has come in for some stick on here, but he really appears to have pulled his socks up and is starting to look like a player to me.

Don't worry about the trolls.

I went to the game and saw us outplay Wolves for three quarters of the game. You didn't see the game and yet you call me deluded. Deluded about what? What I saw with my own two eyes?

I said before the season started that we would go down and I've stuck with that win lose or draw. That doesn't mean I can't say we played well when we did and it doesn't mean I don't hope that we manage to stay up.

Why do you need to call supporters of this club happyclappy, uber fans or deluded whenever they say anything positive on here?

For your information Saturday was a terrific game, the best I have seen this season and although another defeat was added to the list the vast number of fans staying after the whistle to applaud the players off the pitch showed how well they had done.

Well said - someone who tells it as he sees it.

don't rise to him -probably grinning as he posts knowing people will bite.

Even he can see his assessment is different to everyone on here who saw the game, the press reports -local / national and even Wolves OS.

Is it ? I suggest you go and have a read of the Guardian report, for starters.

You want to grow up a bit and accept that just because our players managed to put on a good show in a game already lost, does not mean the clubs problems are solved (Illingsworth's "veridct" on his site today is absolutely hillarious - I swear Lowe is paying him), and does not mean being more cynical about things is suddenly forbidden.

I couldnt care less if you lot keep banging on about my attendance, since paying a fortune to be there doesnt seem to have done a lot for some of your awareness of how f**ked the club is.

Nevermind, you've been entertained and your incredibly low(e) thresholds satisfied, eh ?

will you please stop speaking and give your arsehole a rest. We took them apart for the entire second half with only ten men. We created two or three tremendous chances in that period and therefore there was EVERY chance that we would get something from the game.

Read McCarthy's comments from after the game and you will see he thought they were lucky to come away with the points.

You can see **** all from 1000 miles away. **** all.

A complete over exaggeration!!!,we played some decent stuff for parts of the 2nd half but we certainly did not take them apart.

Don`t let your dislike of someone cloud your judgement.

The chances we created were good and at least one should have been put away and that is one of our problems we struggle to finish.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

You want to grow up a bit and accept that just because our players managed to put on a good show in a game already lost, does not mean the clubs problems are solved (Illingsworth's "veridct" on his site today is absolutely hillarious - I swear Lowe is paying him), and does not mean being more cynical about things is suddenly forbidden.

I couldnt care less if you lot keep banging on about my attendance, since paying a fortune to be there doesnt seem to have done a lot for some of your awareness of how f**ked the club is.

Nevermind, you've been entertained and your incredibly low(e) thresholds satisfied, eh ?

grow up? from you lol!

yes I was entertained. Of course wins are needed but at least I am getting something out of it, what about you?

grow up? from you lol!

yes I was entertained. Of course wins are needed but at least I am getting something out of it, what about you?

Please tell us, if we are relegated and it is looking more likely as time passes,

will you say "oh well! we are in league one but we played some entertaining

football so it`s not all bad" or will you be really ****ed off like the rest of us?

We need to WIN games any way we can and if we play lovely football along the way then great but if not then so be it, but winning is paramount right now, not pretty defeats.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

never once said that it was a good performance.

never once said the performance was more important than result.

have said results or performances have not been good enough

have said

it was not an embarrassment on Saturday (disagreeing with someone who said it was).

did say that it was better that despite losing they showed some character, skill and entertainment as this will make fans more likely to come back (several have said they enjoyed it) gives player more confidence than a destroying defeat and shows hope that we may improve.

What's wrong with that?

What has that got to do with your relegation comments?

A complete over exaggeration!!!,we played some decent stuff for parts of the 2nd half but we certainly did not take them apart.

Don`t let your dislike of someone cloud your judgement.

The chances we created were good and at least one should have been put away and that is one of our problems we struggle to finish.

let me rephrase, we were all over them in the second half.

Please tell us, if we are relegated and it is looking more likely as time passes,

will you say "oh well! we are in league one but we played some entertaining

football so it`s not all bad" or will you be really ****ed off like the rest of us?

We need to WIN games any way we can and if we play lovely football along the way then great but if not then so be it, but winning is paramount right now, not pretty defeats.

tell us how we go about doing that? That is all I'm interested in when I come to this board.

Either missed the point or ignored my post, but this has nothing to do with Saturday's game. If you want to discuss the merits of the management or have problems with how the club is being led then start a post on those subjects. Don't come on here and deride Saints fans for attending matches.

This thread was meant to be about fans comments on Saturdays game. It was not started so that all the woes of Southampton can be put rights, it was just to inform and give a reaction to the game.

You may well be right about us being in Div 1 next season and this type of thread will be how the match went in Div 1. Supporters pay their entrance fee to enter the stadium and watch games of football and be entertained, it has nothing to do with how the club is run or the personalities that run it. We are all entitled to express an opinion on those things, but not on a thread that is meant for comment on a particular game. All we end up with is threads that are all the same and it becomes boring.

So all we are asking you and your group to do is start your own threads about the politics and leadership of the club and leave a thread like this one alone so that supporters can discuss the game. I don't think that is much to ask, is it?

tell us how we go about doing that? That is all I'm interested in when I come to this board.

By having a decent, no nonsense,dominant centre half who won`t getr bounced

off the big strikers.

By having a tough tackling midfielder to put his foot in to win the ball.

By having a goalscorer who is proven in this league instead of sending them

to our opposition.

This would all go a hell of a way to making us harder to beat and giving us more

of a goal threat.

Either missed the point or ignored my post, but this has nothing to do with Saturday's game. If you want to discuss the merits of the management or have problems with how the club is being led then start a post on those subjects. Don't come on here and deride Saints fans for attending matches.

This thread was meant to be about fans comments on Saturdays game. It was not started so that all the woes of Southampton can be put rights, it was just to inform and give a reaction to the game.

You may well be right about us being in Div 1 next season and this type of thread will be how the match went in Div 1. Supporters pay their entrance fee to enter the stadium and watch games of football and be entertained, it has nothing to do with how the club is run or the personalities that run it. We are all entitled to express an opinion on those things, but not on a thread that is meant for comment on a particular game. All we end up with is threads that are all the same and it becomes boring.

So all we are asking you and your group to do is start your own threads about the politics and leadership of the club and leave a thread like this one alone so that supporters can discuss the game. I don't think that is much to ask, is it?

Just thought i would ask...

Who are you to decide who posts what and where?

Great effort by the lads against 12 men. There is no way this squad will get relegated, if they show the spirit they did in the second half, for the rest of the season. A dramatic football game which I thoroughly enjoyed.

This is precisely why no one should hope we lose a match. Even if we lose yet another home game, someone will be extrapolating some excitement and effort into an argument that we have turned the corner IF only...

Problem is we've had a number of similar pronouncements, only for that "promise" to evaporate the very next game.

Nevertheless, if it thrilled the pants off some of us, then that's good enough.... isn't it?

By having a decent, no nonsense,dominant centre half who won`t getr bounced

off the big strikers.

By having a tough tackling midfielder to put his foot in to win the ball.

By having a goalscorer who is proven in this league instead of sending them

to our opposition.

This would all go a hell of a way to making us harder to beat and giving us more

of a goal threat.

Can't argue with that. So play Svensson, Wotton and John and we'd be hard to beat. Shame Svensson is always injured and way past his best, Wotton is too slow to get near to making a proper tackle, and John is the laziest striker the world has ever seen. I think you are going to have to be more specific as those three won't win us games IMO.

If you mean get three players in, then how do we afford them? Genuine question.

I would be fine with Svensson and John because Svensson attacks the ball well and John may be quite lazy but sticks the ball in the back of the net and is always in the right place at the right time to score, which isn't just luck!

Wotton isn't good enough at basic football skills, end of. Don't worry though we have got a tough tackling midfielder on our books - Antony Pulis!

I'll come back tommorow to read through 2 pages of Antony Pulis 'debate' ;)

I would be fine with Svensson and John because Svensson attacks the ball well and John may be quite lazy but sticks the ball in the back of the net and is always in the right place at the right time to score, which isn't just luck!

Wotton isn't good enough at basic football skills, end of. Don't worry though we have got a tough tackling midfielder on our books - Antony Pulis!

I'll come back tommorow to read through 2 pages of Antony Pulis 'debate' ;)

Can't say I was impressed when I heard he was joining us but if he turns out to be mobile, decent in posession and get stuck in then eh could be just what we need. Is he fit for Saturday though?

Can't argue with that. So play Svensson, Wotton and John and we'd be hard to beat. Shame Svensson is always injured and way past his best, Wotton is too slow to get near to making a proper tackle, and John is the laziest striker the world has ever seen. I think you are going to have to be more specific as those three won't win us games IMO.

If you mean get three players in, then how do we afford them? Genuine question.

Svensson can play a bit part role.

Wooton, maybe you are right.

John being the laziest..sorry mate that is rubbish anyway he score goals

at this level as has been proven

If we did not loan in so many young players who in fact don`t actualy play

anyway, we could have got a decent,tough tackling centre back and midfielder but no, Lowe has to keep on with his youth obsession.

Send back the loans who are not being used or not up to the job.

Can't say I was impressed when I heard he was joining us but if he turns out to be mobile, decent in posession and get stuck in then eh could be just what we need. Is he fit for Saturday though?

If he is as you say then why does he not fit in at Stoke/

as that is the way they play up there

If he is as you say then why does he not fit in at Stoke/

as that is the way they play up there

reread my post I said `IF'. I have said before I am very dubious about this signing. The stoke fan I spoke to said he is cack.

John being the laziest..sorry mate that is rubbish anyway he score goals

is it?

The only time I ever saw him run was one time when he misplaced a pass at SMS and he sprinted to try and recover the situation. I was amazed, not only was he working for the side but he actually was fast to boot. It just made me think why on earth he never ran around in games. I'll tell you why, cos he is ****ing lazy.

If I am honest I never wanted him here and I'm glad he has gone. Rasiak worked twice as hard, but was twice as slow and therefore got lambasted. John is actually pacey yet when do you ever see him making a darting run? Never.

Besides the chances we create Stern should have got 30 goals last season.

is it?

The only time I ever saw him run was one time when he misplaced a pass at SMS and he sprinted to try and recover the situation. I was amazed, not only was he working for the side but he actually was fast to boot. It just made me think why on earth he never ran around in games. I'll tell you why, cos he is ****ing lazy.

If I am honest I never wanted him here and I'm glad he has gone. Rasiak worked twice as hard, but was twice as slow and therefore got lambasted. John is actually pacey yet when do you ever see him making a darting run? Never.

Besides the chances we create Stern should have got 30 goals last season.

That Rasiak comment is just laughable:D

Anyway, we shall have to just agree to disagree then i guess.