• Pearce
    • Skacel
    • Lallana
    • Surman
    • Euell
    • DMG
    • Perry
    • Schneiderlin

A great game, best I have seen this year by miles. We started so poorly and defended like chumps once again. Cork has not solved the right back position and we offer both full backs little cover. Great fightback though and we were by far and away the better side in the second half. If only we had taken one of those chances

Davis 6 - distribution choices terrible again.

Cork 6 - too easily done in the first half (lack of cover not helpful)

Lancashire 4 - too easily bullied again.

Pearce 7 decent display

Skacel 6 - worked harder than I have seen for a while in the second half. Still needs to do a lot more and to look like he wants to be here.

Schneiderlin 7 - still waiting for that first tackle. Bottled one badly in the secomnd half. Why do we take him off to replace him with a tired McGoldrick?

Euell 5 - tackles an dmiss placed passes. Bit like what he offered when he played CM last season.

Surman 7 terrible start but got better as th egame went on. Worked his socks off.

Lallana 8 - did everything he could and played well.

McGoldrick 9 - only the gola was missing. Terrific display

Gobern 2 - ****e from start to finish. Don't come back till you are ready.

BWP - 8 switched on immediately and caused them problems.

Perry 9 - showed the sort of strength and bite that Lancashire fails to offer.

Robertson - 2 failed to win anything, get the ball under or take the chance offered to him.

I'd generally go along with most of that.

I know we've never seen eye to eye on Skacel, but I don't think you can accuse him of putting in any less effort today. And he was still going up until the final whistle.

He was booked for dissent after yet another terrible ref decision. (He brushed past a Wolves player's arm, who then collapsed in a big heap). Not clever, but not the actions of a man who doesn't care either. Also seemed to be barking out instructions to Gobern and Lancashire in the first half.

So in summary it seems like we ran the leaders close in a good match, team did well but we still need a finisher, and Alpine is moaning about the club and sniping at the posters who dared to enjoy the day. Quelle suprise.

No. We need a finisher and a stronger defence. We all know that we had some decent finishers until we loaned them out. Oh and we need a new manager too, as this one is out of his depth.

I thought he played well, to be honest. Got booked but otherwise had a very good game.

Fair enough. Maybe it was just my frustration after the game that made me see the game as I did. I don't think he's good enough for England yet, but as there's esentially no chance of him playing against Germany it doesn't really matter. If Capello rates him he'll no doubt turn out alright.

Considering how teams reduced to ten men often react defiantly to compensate for the loss of the player, especially if tinged with a sense of injustice, the second half performance sounds unremarkable to me. Though no doubt the supporters of the incumbent regime will try to turn it into something it isnt. Certainly the habitual 3- or 4-goal canings will resume against Reading.

The important question to be answered is : why did we start the game so utterly shiiite YET AGAIN that our players were demoralised, and someone like Euell so under pressure that he made a stupid mistake ?

No, but that's not what you wrote. Taking into account your lack of self-awareness (or embarrassment, considering the follow-up abuse) here it is again :

"it wasn't until the first Wolves attack that they scored"

Possibly the most mongy comment to have been made on here in recent times....

Let's take it from the start of your first post above as highlighted, it makes no difference whether we were shiite from the start, finish, next week or last, you know nothing about the game to comment but still feel reason to turn posts around to suit your argument. The only lack of awareness is your failure to report on the game you have not seen. If you have a different opinion then please let me know what happened during the game. I await your report.

we started well, up until they scored, then they were on top for a bit, then us again. Difference once again, was the important bit either ends.

How someone who didn't go say that we looked demoralised at the beginning and the pressure Euell was under to make a stupid mistake??

Heard bits on the radio on way home and they weren't that negative about the performance so where did he get it from???

Of course the result is the most important thing. I guess if you don't see a game this is all you can go on, but if you see it you can draw on the entertainment you had and some of the bits that impressed.

No. We need a finisher and a stronger defence. We all know that we had some decent finishers until we loaned them out. Oh and we need a new manager too, as this one is out of his depth.

Exactly right.

Poor defending for goals and have no proven striker at this level,

let`s remember one of our main rivals in the relegation area has one ours:mad:

We desperatley need a proven goalscorer brought back.....NOW!

We need experience mixed through the team....NOW!

We must only pick the youngsters who are ready for first team action.

We all know this but stupidly Lowe and his team of yes men will refuse

to agree and change.

To make matters worse we will lose what remains of the better players

along with the remaining experienced players come January.

Sadly, it`s is all down hill to relegation i feel and the enevitable administration

as what is left of the attendance drops to an all time low in league one.

Its funny how people see the game so differently- i thought Euell was our best player until he got sent off! Thought the Wolves player went in with a dangerous lunge and from the Northam it looked like the ref was going to book the Wolves player at first! Great performance in the second half in my opinion-If only Perry had started! I wish we weren't paying the wages for Svensson, Forecast,Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Peckhart and Smith and instead kept Andrew Davies and two of John, Rasiak or Saga- if you added them to the side that played today we would be in the top half of the table! When you look at how much money is being wasted on loan players that aren't playing, it can't be just about money- it is just that ****** Lowe and his ego! Rant over.

Let's take it from the start of your first post above as highlighted, it makes no difference whether we were shiite from the start, finish, next week or last, you know nothing about the game to comment but still feel reason to turn posts around to suit your argument. The only lack of awareness is your failure to report on the game you have not seen. If you have a different opinion then please let me know what happened during the game. I await your report.

Sorry, its not working anymore. I can see from 1000 miles away what you are stubbornly refusing to see even though you are frequently much less than 1000 metres away. The non-attendance argument is completely hollow.

We put out a crap line-up again, were 2 goals down in 20mins and should have been 3 down in 40mins. The damage was done. We were never going to get something after that. Going down to ten men has only given you and your whinging ilk a get-out excuse for this game.

Bloody hell, Alpine. I know I can get a bit depressed about Saints performances but at least I get along to watch what actually happens whereas you just spout venom from a distance without a clue as to what really went on there.

Yeah, sure, there were some things wrong with the personnel and formation and that's something that really ****es me off but, do you know what? I found the game pretty entertaining. No points again but I'll get over it I reckon.

I'm as unhappy as the next man with Lowe's presence at Saints and will slag him off as well as the next man but when I see our players (well most of 'em anyway) putting in that sort of effort with a not inconsiderable amount of skill I will give them my support.

You'll no doubt say that is misguided and it probably is to an extent but this is the team I've supported for more than 40 years so I find it hard to just give up on them like you.

Bloody hell, Alpine. I know I can get a bit depressed about Saints performances but at least I get along to watch what actually happens whereas you just spout venom from a distance without a clue as to what really went on there.

Yeah, sure, there were some things wrong with the personnel and formation and that's something that really ****es me off but, do you know what? I found the game pretty entertaining. No points again but I'll get over it I reckon.

I'm as unhappy as the next man with Lowe's presence at Saints and will slag him off as well as the next man but when I see our players (well most of 'em anyway) putting in that sort of effort with a not inconsiderable amount of skill I will give them my support.

You'll no doubt say that is misguided and it probably is to an extent but this is the team I've supported for more than 40 years so I find it hard to just give up on them like you.

Who said I'd given up ? Would I waste so much time on here if I had ? If I was really attention-seeking, I could go to any sort of site and get a wind-up going.

I care about this club too. But, whether you like it or not, pretty football and lots of spirit are not going to save this club from going out of business if it does not deliver the results required. The simple fact of the matter is that the squad and coaching team are not up to the task, and the managment are pursuing an already-failed strategy out of arrogance and stubborness.

Why does it not make you angry ? It makes me furious seeing our clubs history go down the u-bend.

no, not misguided far summary from someone who saw the game. When they first score (and yes poor defending is part of the game) it was against the run of play and then they were on top for a while.

Good spirit and some good football, and entertaining

no, not misguided far summary from someone who saw the game. When they first score (and yes poor defending is part of the game) it was against the run of play and then they were on top for a while.

Good spirit and some good football, and entertaining

that is great....im glad we will go down with good spirit and be 'entertaining'

that is great....im glad we will go down with good spirit and be 'entertaining'

what makes us more likely to go down;

losing in a poor game, no spirit to give hope to the fans or players for the next game, playing horrible hoof ball to put crowds off

or

losing with good spirit and entertainment, to give players and fans some hope and keep crowds coming

losing in a poor game, no spirit to give hope to the fans or players for the next game, playing horrible hoof ball to put crowds off

or

losing with good spirit and entertainment, to give players and fans some hope and keep crowds coming

Losing is the key to why teams go down,whether they play "pretty" or not!!

If you lose too many, you go down simple as that.

So what's the home record now?

Only seven goals. Just think what it might be and where we might be now had we not disposed of any one from Saga, Rasiak and John. I blame Lowe for feeble short-sightedness, which will end in relegation if his myopic strategy doesn't change

or

Their goals werenn't against the run of play. Wolves were rampart in the first 20 minutes and controlled the centre of the park. They were first to tackles and Saints were chasing shadows then.

We lost, but not by quite so many as I expected (3-1 was my pre-game prediction) and I thought that the second half was the best I have seen us play all season. It gives me some hope, but we desperately need a proper striker, especially with Euell suspended

Obvious to all except our directors and coaches.

or

Both have the same net effect. I agree its better to lose with passion and excitement, but losing is still losing and gains exactly zero points. I look forward to your views next season (unless something changes drastically) when you say, yes we are bottom of League One on -15 points, but at least we play with spirit and enthusiasm last season.

Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise it does not have to be like this. There are better coaches out there who could do more with this same set of players, and would even have better ideas who could be brought in on loan due to their knowledge of the English game. Jan is not the answer and the sooner he is politely asked to leave the more chance we have of avoiding relegation and administration that will follow.

I don't always/often see eye to eye with Alpine, but most people here are just criticising him because he is critical of a game he did not see. But once again his analysis of the outcome, if not the game itself, is spot on, just like it was with Burley and his lack of defenders etc. I didn't see the game either, and heard that we played well once we were 2-0 down and a man down, and the ref was ****e (aren't they always) and that we showed great spirit once Perry came on, but at the end of the day we gained ZERO POINTS at home AGAIN. 6 points from 27 AT HOME = relegation.

I wish we weren't paying the wages for Svensson, Forecast,Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Peckhart and Smith and instead kept Andrew Davies and two of John, Rasiak or Saga- if you added them to the side that played today we would be in the top half of the table!

I think this is nub of it. The trouble is I suspect Rasiak costs Saints about as much per week as Forecast, Gasmi, Pulis, Robertson, Peckhart and Smith combined.

Still even Davies and just one of our three strikers would have been a better bet -- Peckhart and Robertson are unproven gambles, so why not just take a punt on White (who was scoring for fun in the reserves until we loaned him out to the Shrews) as backup to DMG and Rasiak/Stern/Saga.

It doesn't add up.

Both have the same net effect. I agree its better to lose with passion and excitement, but losing is still losing and gains exactly zero points. I look forward to your views next season (unless something changes drastically) when you say, yes we are bottom of League One on -15 points, but at least we play with spirit and enthusiasm last season.

Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and realise it does not have to be like this. There are better coaches out there who could do more with this same set of players, and would even have better ideas who could be brought in on loan due to their knowledge of the English game. Jan is not the answer and the sooner he is politely asked to leave the more chance we have of avoiding relegation and administration that will follow.

I don't always/often see eye to eye with Alpine, but most people here are just criticising him because he is critical of a game he did not see. But once again his analysis of the outcome, if not the game itself, is spot on, just like it was with Burley and his lack of defenders etc. I didn't see the game either, and heard that we played well once we were 2-0 down and a man down, and the ref was ****e (aren't they always) and that we showed great spirit once Perry came on, but at the end of the day we gained ZERO POINTS at home AGAIN. 6 points from 27 AT HOME = relegation.

100% in agreement with that!

riduclous comments this head in the sand nonsense. I am quite capable of realising how few wins I have seen this season, and how table looks.

If we lose we will go down, however we play.

But -we are more likely to win in future if playing ok and more likely to survive if crowds go home please with effort and style of football, and then come back.

That is why it is worthy of mention. Not complicated.

Their goals werenn't against the run of play. Wolves were rampart in the first 20 minutes and controlled the centre of the park. They were first to tackles and Saints were chasing shadows then.

thought we started well for first ten/fifteen -then agree they were always first to 2nd ball for a good period

Phew! Lucky to get away with 2-1. I think they were kind to us and eased off once they were 2-0 up and we had that F idiot sent off. After that Wolves seemed content just to sit back and let us run around as usual like headless chickens getting nowhere

Their midfield player Mancienne was immense, a world class star in the making if ever there was one. he seemed to be great mates with Jack Cork, what was that all about?

Apart from the five to twenty five minute period, we were the better side. It was that short spell though were we lost it, I really don't understand how a team can just fall apart like that, Wolves could have been four or five nil up with some better finishing.

After that, we looked a better side and I think once Pearce got one back, then it was a question of time before we equalised. The sending off changed things in that respect and limited our options of how to claw the game back.

Wolves can count themselves very lucky to have got three points out of this and if they are a team six points clear at the top then i'm optimistic that we can easily finish in the top half of this league with a bit of better fortune.

If the management of this club could just look a bit further long term and convince the banks that it's actually in their best interests to cut us some slack financially then I think with an experienced striker such as John or Rasiak back and a grumpy old bastard of a centre half on loan then the rest will fall into place. The centre half doesnt have to be the quickest, just dominant and positive, we seem to have too many passive players in defence and this is costing us as we are too hesitant, we just need someone who isn't frightened of making a decision. Killer is in that mould but I fear we can't count upon him to be there too often.

At times our passing play was a joy to watch and after travelling back on a mini bus of Wolves fans they were surprised that we are in such a dire position in the league with our style of play but found our defence to be a little embarrassing and the only reason that we can't climb this leage[can't argue with that]. Most felt that we were one of the better teams they had played this season.

The thing that still gripes with me is that, once again, I can't help thinking that we lost the game due to the referee and not to a team that is top of the league, if you know what I mean. The margins were that tight and if Wolves are the superior team in this league then we don't have to meddle too much with what we already have to claw our way back up this league.

Phew! Lucky to get away with 2-1. I think they were kind to us and eased off once they were 2-0 up and we had that F idiot sent off. After that Wolves seemed content just to sit back and let us run around as usual like headless chickens getting nowhere

Their midfield player Mancienne was immense, a world class star in the making if ever there was one. he seemed to be great mates with Jack Cork, what was that all about?

1. I don't think we were lucky. We were very unlucky to have a ref who sent Euell off for a 50-50 tackle, then waved away 2 penalty shouts.

2. Euell wasn't an idiot, he was, IMO, our best player until he was sent off.

3. Headless chickens up front maybe, but we had some good possession and weren't chasing the game.

4. Cork and Mancienne are both on loan from Chelsea.

He was playing centre back, i said to my mate he should play as a midfielder though. He is really comfortable on the ball. Not sure he is england team quality yet. And as for Cork, they are both on loan from Chelsea.

both Chelsea players on loan

Sorry, its not working anymore. I can see from 1000 miles away what you are stubbornly refusing to see even though you are frequently much less than 1000 metres away. The non-attendance argument is completely hollow.

We put out a crap line-up again, were 2 goals down in 20mins and should have been 3 down in 40mins. The damage was done. We were never going to get something after that. Going down to ten men has only given you and your whinging ilk a get-out excuse for this game.

You really are a prat. Passing comments when you have no idea of the circumstances. Then ridiculing people who were there. Why don't you find a team to support that you can watch.

There was no third goal. The linesman had his flag up for some time and everybody except the idiot with the ball had stopped playing, but he put it into the net anyway. Davis looked as though he was getting another ball from the ball boy to take the free kick when it was put into the net.

This was much, much better than the Bristol City match. Apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half where the defence was an absolute shambles and we conceded the 2 goals, they missed a sitter and we could have let in one or 2 more (one good save from Kelvin). At that point with the ground singing "We want Rupert out!!" it seemed to galvanise the players, we immediatelty won a corner, scored from it and then dominated the rest of the game. If it wasn't for the sh!t referee and a coat of paint on the right-hand Chapel end post, we would have got something out of the game.

3 further observations:

1. Wolves for a team that are 6 points clear at the top, I thought they were pretty ordinary.

2. If Players are going to be sent off for 50/50 challenges like Ewell was, football might as well not exsist.

3. Gobern, on that performance will not be ready to play at this level for at least another 2 years.

I was as disappointed as most coming away from SMS knowing that we'd played well, didn't stop running and passed the ball about very well but as we all know pretty football doesn't win matches without an end product. Euell's sending off was very harsh as there were other tackles dished out by Wolves that were worse than Euell's.

We bossed the game for longer periods than Wolves did, and with 10 men, and they certainly didn't look like table toppers at times. Wolves didn't back off after going 2-0 up or when Euell was sent off, they backed off because we were on top and pressurising them, Pearce's 2nd goal in three games was a bullet header and well executed.

Come next May if we are relegated I will be well p i s s e d off but I'll renew and I'll keep supporting MY team as I have done all my life. Bugger what the management think or do and stuff all the posters, fans, supporters call them what you want that wish Saints to loose in the hope that it'll help get rid of Lowe etc if you're a true supporter you'll stay behind the team 100% and take it on the chin, it hurts I know but there you are.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

I was as disappointed as most coming away from SMS knowing that we'd played well, didn't stop running and passed the ball about very well but as we all know pretty football doesn't win matches without an end product. Euell's sending off was very harsh as there were other tackles dished out by Wolves that were worse than Euell's.

We bossed the game for longer periods than Wolves did, and with 10 men, and they certainly didn't look like table toppers at times. Wolves didn't back off after going 2-0 up or when Euell was sent off, they backed off because we were on top and pressurising them, Pearce's 2nd goal in three games was a bullet header and well executed.

Come next May if we are relegated I will be well p i s s e d off but I'll renew and I'll keep supporting MY team as I have done all my life. Bugger what the management think or do and stuff all the posters, fans, supporters call them what you want that wish Saints to loose in the hope that it'll help get rid of Lowe etc if you're a true supporter you'll stay behind the team 100% and take it on the chin, it hurts I know but there you are.

COME ON YOU SAINTS

Great post Phil. Tell it how it is. I hope we aren't relegated, the football was good, but we need the players not on the ball, to bust a gut to get up and back and hunt in packs, just cut out the strolling and take responsibility rather than hope someone else is dealing with it.

We need to be a lot more in your face defending in numbers, we defend loosely, and cover loosely. We need to be really tight both defending and covering.

Im not sure what to say really. Im sort of having a bit of a mixed view on a few things about the game. Firstly the ref was a complete idiot, up there with the worst i've seen. However other then the sending off he got the key decisions right. But sending off Euell for that is a total farce. I wonder if we have the money to appeal it.

Other then that though i think it is the same old same old. We start off ok for the first few mins of the game. They get a cross in on their 1st attack, we fall asleep, they score. After that goal went in we were being carved apart, who thought we would get destroyed like 5-0 or something then? I know i did. Especially when we went 0-2 down.

At that point i think that was a very vital point in this teams short career. If they lay down and died and got hammered the fans would of eaten them alive. You could feel it in the air people were expecting us to go further behind. But we didn't, we stood up and started to play a bit, people were trying to get involved. We created a few chances but nothing really on target. They created more and more chances and we were lucky not to go 0-3 down with that shot that just missed the post.

Then we got the red card and it was a different game.

Second half we ran around more and tried a lot more and the players deserve respect for that. BWP was unlucky with his shot that hit the post. DMG had a glorious chance to make it 2-2 also. But as the half went on Wolves at times ran circles around us. I think i counted about 3 touches of the ball for our outfield side in the space of 10 mins. The extra man obviously playing its part. The lads did well with a ref who gave every 50-50 their way, booked our players for throwing the ball down but not theirs. It was not fair refereeing and the FA need to look at it.

But for all our trying and all our effort we created very little chances. If you can take away the ref mistakes and look at it we just didnt do what we supposedly can do and that is play football. I saw some superb passing again from defence to midfield but getting it to the striker just seems so difficult. And that is our problem. Striker. I was watching the game carefully and we just hoofed it up to DMG. Personally i felt DMG did well with what he was given which was next to nothing. They had 2 defenders marking him of which 1 now has been called up to England (he was superb yesterday i felt). There was nothing he could do. Our only form of attack was to long ball it down the wing and hope either a winger of a back could get it. A few times they got to it but then wasted it or simply run the ball out.

So while the boys i felt did well compared to what i have seen before this year they ultimatly couldn't defend and couldn't create chances. These 2 things are critical flaws of any side. In the past we have shipped a lot of goals but we have scored a lot of goals too. This season we just can't score.

So all in all im proud of the lads and i clapped them off the pitch, they tried hard and that is all we can expect. But now i think it is clear Jan has to either go or change formation. We have lost 11 of our 17 games. That is pitiful. The worst record in this clubs history. We are heading into the most busy part of the season and we are relying on teams slipping up already. Yesterday Doncaster and Forest got points and now the gap has returned to just 4 points seperating the bottom 5. The next batch of teams are already 4 points away. If our ratio continues it is possible we will be bottom in 2 games time. Where as we are now 12 points adrift of the last playoff spot. While none of us think we would get to that spot it shows that the league is now forming gaps from top to middle and then to bottom. We risk a very high chance of being stranded further. And what worries me is Jan does not notice it. We have won 1 of 10 home games and he just says the same stuff "plenty of games to go". Well Jan we are nearing towards 50% of our home games gone. These are must win games and you have a total of 6 points from 30. That is not on. We have to change the system or we will be playing catch up with in a matter of a few games. I watched the Wolves team in the first half and they were at times playing 4 up front together. We had just 1 guy up their end on his own surrounded by 3 defenders. He has near no chances of doing anything like that.

So while we played well in patches we played awful in patches too. I think it was cruel we lost but if you look at the chances and what was created we just didnt do enough. We couldnt create anything due to having just 1 guy up on his own. Time to change or time to go Jan.

Few pics

Skacel getting done

dscf2037bv2.jpg

Surman daring Morgan to push the ref over

dscf2033ok5.jpg

Our lovely stewards/police having a sing a long with the Northam

dscf2039ke3.jpg

Only you could try to turn it into a plus to have a player sent off, just to suit your viewpoint. I despair, I really do.

A very wierd observation.

Whether one agrees with Alpine's overall stance or not, you can hardly argue with a football truism that 10 men often raise their game and frustrate 11. Or haven't you watched a lot of football yourself?

Perhaps you'd rather agree with me that Wolves got complacent, took their foot off the gas, and (as 11 against 10 frequently do) failed to make their superiority count?

In reality it was the first half performance that spells out our problem - most of the time we just aint at the races. And as entertaining as the second half was, our second half performance will again flatter to deceive - because teams will let us fanny around all afternoon where it doen't really hurt, especially when they are leading.

Excellent summary of the game. We started of well until they scored their first goal then the defence was at sixes and sevens, you just knew they would score on their next attack and thay did. Getting a goal back just after they scored their second lifted the players spirits and we had a couple more efforts before Euell was sent off. Second half saw a great fightback by the saints and although we had few chances (hitting the post, couple of saves by their goalie and a missed open goal) Wolves looked like they could score as well.The ref was diabolical imo. Two penalties missed by the ref (a McGoldrick foul and a handball), Euell sent of when it looked like a fifty fifty tackle, a foul on the edge of the Wolves box which the ref waved play on, only for our player to then foul a Wolves player for a free kick to Wolves. The ref then booked the Wolves player who fouled our player just a few seconds earlier clearly pointing to the spot where it was committed. Now I can only assume he played advantage to us from that foul, an advantage we clearly did not have. Great support by the crowd especially the northam, Wolves fans very quiet considering they are top and were winning.

Yep, I used to see our defeats in that way when I was 11. Forget that almost every rational observer thought there never was a penalty shout, over the McGoldrick "incident" or the "handball".

The second half was entertaining right enough, and we might have got lucky, but you'd be wearing strange coloured glasses if you really thought you saw any strong green shoots.

Yep, I used to see our defeats in that way when I was 11. Forget that almost every rational observer thought there never was a penalty shout, over the McGoldrick "incident" or the "handball".

So when is your 12th birthday.

The second half was entertaining right enough, and we might have got lucky, but you'd be wearing strange coloured glasses if you really thought you saw any strong green shoots.

My glasses are perfectly normal which is why I did not see any 'strong green shoots' but football and a clueless referee. However when I got home I had 'Bamboo shoots' with my takeaway :D

I was proud of the team and the Saints fans on Saturday apart from a very dodgy 15/20 mins defensivley 1st half I thought we played very well and deserved something out of the game a bit of luck in front of goal or just 1 decision from what has to be the worst Ref I have ever seen.

We battered them 2nd half you wouldnt have thought we only had 10 men the boys played really well I must also say Saints fans were awesome really got behind the team and created a good atmosphere it was a good game UTS!

So when is your 12th birthday.

Nice one - but ask your english teacher about tenses. I said I saw our defeats like that when I was 11 - 'was' (past tense) means I'm not 11 any more.

Therefore you should have asked "when was (not is) my 12th birthday" - and the answer: it seems like yesterday!

Nevertheless I'm glad you are still at that age when going to the match is a always a thrill; when the ref is always against us; when every challenge on us in the box should be a penalty; when all our shots are on target, but are denied by the woodwork, the wind, a lucky deflection; when our player should never have been sent off. I hope for your sake you carry on seeing it all like that, it makes saving up your newspaper round money worthwhile.

I'd generally go along with most of that.

I know we've never seen eye to eye on Skacel, but I don't think you can accuse him of putting in any less effort today. And he was still going up until the final whistle.

He was booked for dissent after yet another terrible ref decision. (He brushed past a Wolves player's arm, who then collapsed in a big heap). Not clever, but not the actions of a man who doesn't care either. Also seemed to be barking out instructions to Gobern and Lancashire in the first half.

I thought he worked hard in the second half, much harder than I have seen for a while, and his little extra touch of class can be seen even from left back. I'm a fan of Mills and love his emphusiam and want to see him get game time, but even I can see that at times we need an old head that fouls at the right time and delays making a tricky pass in favour of keeping in possesion and Skacel does have that nouse.

But there is a downside to his game, at times he quite literally walks back into his position and should we lose posession we would be done for. He playing left back and needs to ensure he is helping the centre halfs when there is a counter attack.

One incident summed him up for me. On almost every occasion when he went past the half way line he just strolled back into position. However when he took a free kick in the first half that went just over to lots of ooos from the crowd, with the eyes on him he sprinted 40 yards back to the half way line acknowledging the crowd as he did so. He's a show pony.

Havign said all that, it was a good display from him on Saturday - but I want even more from him.

Nice one - but ask your english teacher about tenses. I said I saw our defeats like that when I was 11 - 'was' (past tense) means I'm not 11 any more.

Therefore you should have asked "when was (not is) my 12th birthday" - and the answer: it seems like yesterday!

Nevertheless I'm glad you are still at that age when going to the match is a always a thrill; when the ref is always against us; when every challenge on us in the box should be a penalty; when all our shots are on target, but are denied by the woodwork, the wind, a lucky deflection; when our player should never have been sent off. I hope for your sake you carry on seeing it all like that, it makes saving up your newspaper round money worthwhile.

I'm at an age when going to a game is still a thrill, in fact going to a game has always been a thrill, it's the end result that will determine whether the thrill factor has been achieved. We may of lost on Saturday but the boys did well considering the circumstances and if you cannot see that then you must really live in a negative world. I will stay in my positive mode knowing full well that if we lose then it is not the end of the world. By the way a newspaper round will not pay enough to cover my petrol expences on a match day (£40+) on top of the season ticket, away tickets, programme, food and drink in the concourse etc so if you know of a round that will pay that sort of money please let me know, thanks.

will you please stop speaking and give your arsehole a rest. We took them apart for the entire second half with only ten men. We created two or three tremendous chances in that period and therefore there was EVERY chance that we would get something from the game.

Read McCarthy's comments from after the game and you will see he thought they were lucky to come away with the points.

You can see **** all from 1000 miles away. **** all.

did you even go to the game? Mancienne played at centre half, it was 2-1 long before Euell was sent off and we were all over them in the second half creating chances.

1. I don't think we were lucky. We were very unlucky to have a ref who sent Euell off for a 50-50 tackle, then waved away 2 penalty shouts.

2. Euell wasn't an idiot, he was, IMO, our best player until he was sent off.

3. Headless chickens up front maybe, but we had some good possession and weren't chasing the game.

4. Cork and Mancienne are both on loan from Chelsea.

The ref was a cvnt but then most of them are at this level. It was bad enough in the PL. What is it with English refs and linos? If we can have 4 leagues full of overseas players, we can have overseas refs until ours get fit/stop being biased/stop being media tarts. Seriously, I wouldn't be suprised if Saturday's ref either a) had a few quid on Wolves winning 2-1 or b) got a nice brown envelope from someone pre-match. I've seen some bad refs over the last 4 years but this guy was much worse but we'll struggle to ever prove it.

Having said that, there's probably some UEFA or FIFA edict saying that we can't import superior, proper "professional" refs from Scandinavia, Italy, Spain, Germany or France. The Football League may as well have saved money and pulled a Wolves fan out of the away end to take charge.