Decent Option on Loan?

saint_stevo

No to Cureton, would much prefer Saganoski.

I wish we had got Lita instead of Robertson and Pekart, with our style of football he would have been the ideal striker.

Saga and Cureton are very similar indeed.

Lita would have been excellent. At the Valley last season he scored the life out of me. Great pace , strength and a real threat. Sadly way out of our price range. Robertson and Pekart combined won't earn in a month what Lita is on in a week.

McGoldrick is worse hes had the most shots in the league and got about 5? and one of them should have been lallana's

also that fact he getting shots in says someone is doing something right to create all these opportunities. Unless you hadn't noticed I like what I see with McGoldrick, or at least I haev over the last month. He has increased his workrate, is linking well with Lallana and Surman, and since he was moved back wghere he shoudl be (the middle) he has looked decent. Why JP plays him out wide or drops him deep is beyond me.

Saga and Cureton are very similar indeed.

Lita would have been excellent. At the Valley last season he scored the life out of me. Great pace , strength and a real threat. Sadly way out of our price range. Robertson and Pekart combined won't earn in a month what Lita is on in a week.

Lita's wages are being paid by a local businessman in Norfolk who is a lifelong Norwich fan. Not that I'm lauding Leon Crouch in any way - he appointed Dodd and Gorman for a start - but Leon to the best of my knowledge is the only local businessman in the area that has backed the club signing a player or loan player? Pretty sad really when you look at the local backing that Hull and others (Stoke) have had as well without any overseas sugar daddies or borrowing through the roof. Another local businessman, Geoffrey Watling, stopped Norwich going kaput after their version of Guy Askham, Robert Chase, bled Norwich City from beating Bayern to within 24 hours of extinction in 4 years. I'd love to think that a Hampshire businessman or woman that has been a lifelong fan (no, not a LifeLong Saint..) will do the same next year but I doubt it.

how about we get rid of Smith, Pekhard and Robertson and try some new loans?

Totally agree, Smith is one of those players that couldn't even cut it at Millwall, Pekhart has done nowt since a good finish V Ipswich despite a seemingly excellent pedigree and ditto Robertson after his cracker V Norwich (although he has been injured for some of his loan to be fair).

Not sure I'd opt for Cureton though, I think we need a bigger striker to give us a different option and to free space for McG and Lallana to run into.