Out of these who do you drop?

Dazza82

Ramirez will i imagine start the next game, So who will miss out?

Puncheon

Lallana

Ward-Prowse

Davis

Schnierderlin

On todays performance i wouldnt want to be the one to make that decision

Prowsey. He's 17, not got the legs for 38 games yet.

Having said that, Lallana looked back to his best playing on the left of a three with the freedom that it brings.

Ramirez will i imagine start the next game, So who will miss out?

Puncheon

Lallana

Ward-Prowse

Davis

Schnierderlin

On todays performance i wouldnt want to be the one to make that decision

I thought all the players mentioned were outstanding today. As you say, a tough decision.

Puncheon was a revelation today, glad we didn't sell him.

Puncheon will make way. Harsh, because he had a good game today. Not sure yet where Mayuka fits into things, and the JRod signing gets more and more bizarre IMO.

The subs were nuts today

Putting j-rod left wing at that point of the game was mental

Today I wondered for the first time if adkins can cut it at this level

On today's performance, NO chance!

I don't see that he'll change the central midfield 3. Rather than Lallana as the 3rd midfielder it was much stronger today with 3 proper CMs in there (and Cork yet to return to provide further competion). So, assuming that we'll use a similar formation against Arsenal, it'll be either Lallana or Puncheon to make way. Lallana is the skipper so it won't be him.

I don't see that he'll change the central midfield 3. Rather than Lallana as the 3rd midfielder it was much stronger today with 3 proper CMs in there (and Cork yet to return to provide further competion). So, assuming that we'll use a similar formation against Arsenal, it'll be either Lallana or Puncheon to make way. Lallana is the skipper so it won't be him.

Agree with us looking stronger with 3 seemingly combative midfielders for the midfield trio but this is why Adkins gets his cheque.

To be fair, I reckon not only corky but also CHAPLOW would thrive in this new formation.

About Punch, I would no way drop him after showing what he can do against a team like utd today!

Agree with us looking stronger with 3 seemingly combative midfielders for the midfield trio but this is why Adkins gets his cheque.

To be fair, I reckon not only corky but also CHAPLOW would thrive in this new formation.

About Punch, I would no way drop him after showing what he can do against a team like utd today!

A lot will depend on Ramirez in training. If he looks (as expected) a significant step up from Puncheon then its only logical that he will come in; no room for sentiment when you have zero points.

A lot will depend on Ramirez in training. If he looks (as expected) a significant step up from Puncheon then its only logical that he will come in; no room for sentiment when you have zero points.

Agree about sentiments but today showed the reality of what punch can do for us.

Premature to say its either punch or Ram at this stage, hopefully the best players turn out for game each time.

I'd probably build the team around Ramirez. Basically, 4-3-1-2 with Ramirez in the hole/free role.

Not sure who the 3 are, really? Schneiderlin, Davis, Lallana?

If Ramirez is as good as suggested and becomes our playmaker, I wonder if this puts Lallana under some pressure?

Long term Ramirez will play as one of the three with Ricky, Adam and Punch. Suspect over time he'll replace Punch. JRod should be a CF and Mayu/Lee should back up Adam/Ramirez. Then you have the 4 in Centre Mid (JWP, SD, MS and Cork). Guly and Chaplow will be the odd men out