Negative local press....whatever next

qwertySFC

See that one of our local papers have run a story on a an unhappy SFC Fan

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/3866773._The_fabled_spirit_of_Southampton_has_disappeared_/

What ever next !!!!

Chris Newman will be watching Saints again in the near future, when we play Eastleigh in the league..We are heading that way and all thanks to good old Lowey, Wildey and Askham and his Lavender Hill Mob. Cheers for nothing.

Who cares what some washed up defeatist wind bag thinks ? You wouldnt a bloke like that alongside you in the trenches would you ?

Whereas when Lowe was no longer at the helm you were the eternal optimist, always bigging up the Club and showing such positivity & gusto.

Just where did that moniker Moanji come from:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Glass houses me up;)

Whereas when Lowe was no longer at the helm you were the eternal optimist, always bigging up the Club and showing such positivity & gusto.

Glass houses me up;)

I don't really reply to these posts but that is so hilariously true.

The relationship between the Echo and SFC has been a tad too 'cosy' for my liking lately , they've clearly been granted regular access to the players/management and have been given advance notice on breaking stories in return for giving the club uncritical coverage . In my opinion this type of arrangement is fundamentally against the principles of journalistic independence and a gross disservice to the general public and Saints fans. :mad:

Could this story today be the first hint that the local press is about to reassert its independence , being seen as Lowe's mouthpiece might not be too smart when it all goes t*ts up next year .

The relationship between the Echo and SFC has been a tad too 'cosy' for my liking lately , they've clearly been granted regular access to the players/management and have been given advance notice on breaking stories in return for giving the club uncritical coverage . In my opinion this type of arrangement is fundamentally against the principles of journalistic independence and a gross disservice to the general public and Saints fans. :mad:

Could this story today be the first hint that the local press is about to reassert its independence , being seen as Lowe's mouthpiece might not be too smart when it all goes t*ts up next year .

as long as you have your eyes open I don't mind a trade off for with the local paper being more pro the club if it gets more accuarate team/transfer news interviews etc. After all can always come on here to read the negative comments

Glass houses me up;)

That is so ironically correct.

All he did was whinge and moan as soon as his pin up left and tell all-comers how we were doomed under Wilde and the Crouch.

Hypocritical t w a t.