If you love the Saints stand up

class of 76

I fell in love 40 years ago, it was on Saturday April 13th 1968.

It was for better, for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death us do part.

40 years on and I’m still in love.

I wouldn't abandon her now, not after all we've been through together. would you?

I wouldn’t abondon her now, after she has been taken fom me, stripped and raped, WOULD YOU?

I wouldn’t stand by and watch as her life ebbs away. WOULD YOU?

I wouldn’t abondon her now, in her time of need, WOULD YOU? WELL WOULD YOU?

I for one will not abanon her and will support her till the end. Till death us do part!

If you love the Saints stand up, and be counted!

There is nothing love cannot face

When faith and hope are gone, all that remains is love.

“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.”

If the cap fits, wear it.

It was for better, for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death us do part.

I wouldn't abandon her now, not after all we've been through together. would you?

I wouldn’t abondon her now, after she has been taken fom me, stripped and raped, WOULD YOU?

I for one will not abanon her and will support her till the end. Till death us do part!

“When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became an adult, I put an end to childish ways.”

Problem is mate as with any long term relationship sometimes the passion dies and you become more like friends than lovers!!!!

What a nice post 'Class of 76' I shall stand up with you old bean.

First post at that! Really looking forward to hugging a stranger tonight. COYFR's I reckon that we have really turned a corner now, but if not then I am considering a trial separation around Christmas time, so that 'she' might realise how ****ing brilliant I am. Someone famous once said that all women are whores, well I reckon that all football clubs are whores. Does that make sense?

First game at 4, season ticket at 6, went religiously until I was 30. Worked as a steward for 5 years in there somewhere as well, but quit to help the Lowe Out campaigns. I finally resigned myself to the fact we will never re-expereince the feeling of comraderie and belonging that I had in the Milton in my teens around. It sunk in about 3 years ago when my regular group of mates dwindled from 20 to 4, all citing Herr Lowe as the number one reason for the apathy.

The screw was turned irreparably for me when Lowe ****ed of WGS, sorry, he didn't did he, WGS wanted a break ::rolling eyes::

It would take a lot to get me back through the turnstyle. The total removal of the cabal for starters, and some fresh enthusiastic faces on the bench and the pitch.

Its the next generation of Saints fans I feel sorry for, there are hardly any Saints shirts in the local park compared to when I use to knock a ball about. They won;t believe us when we regale them stories of us turning over Man U and having the deadliest attacking midfielder in the world knocking them in for fun.

Askham passed the piggy bank to Lowe and between them they have shafted the whole city of Southampton.

First post at that! Really looking forward to hugging a stranger tonight. COYFR's I reckon that we have really turned a corner now, but if not then I am considering a trial separation around Christmas time, so that 'she' might realise how ****ing brilliant I am. Someone famous once said that all women are whores, well I reckon that all football clubs are whores. Does that make sense?

Allegedly the problem with whores is that it is a "now moment". Unless you are slightly sad or a chef type, you don't spend much of your waking hours, social interaction worrying about injuries to your whore, defending the honour of your whore in banter with your mates or even worrying who her (or maybe his) pimp is.

You sure don't go around wearing clothes advertising your whore!

I'm sure it's some sort of Neanderthal tribal belonging gene that us poor bstds got stuck with some time in the past. We can no more change our allegiance than we can our DNA.

So yes 41 years for me, and I hope to heck that I get at least another 41 years of it. Wouldn't change being a Saints fan for anything.

I have thought about divorce a few times but have never unfaithful and still hanging on in there after 40 years.

I bet there are one or two other bits and bobs hanging it there too Jan!!!

Keep the faith like you've done all these years. The day the likes of ladysaint abandons ship is the day Saints supporters such really start to get worried. How often did the likes of you and I post that we'd rather see the youngsters battling and losing than putting up with the soul lacking performances by mercenaries and overpaid prima donnas.

Finally, in our darkest hour, we're getting what we asked for. It's not been or gonna be easy, but I myself find myself more than proud of the players that are currently pulling on the shirt. It's the very same fighting spirit that has seen Saints beat the unbeatable in the past and I am confident these young guns will take us places.

So Jan, let all us old'uns keep the faith and hang in and droop in there together.

It would take a lot to get me back through the turnstyle. The total removal of the cabal for starters, and some fresh enthusiastic faces on the bench and the pitch.

I was following your argument up to this point - just how fresh and enthusiastic do you want them?

My mother actually told my old man that if he didn't quit playing hockey on Saturdays and went to the Dell with her she'd meet someone else. So if it wasn't for Saints, I wouldn't be here I guess!

I, like all the other old gits this thread has attracted have plenty of years in,43 and counting,we've seen a few highs and plenty of lows,but the few highs(like saturday)make it all worthwhile.We will,God willing still be here when Lowe and co are long gone.I'll be there tonight freezing my knutsoff but screaming on the boys.I urge you all to join me.COYR

Can't help having noticed, sitting in the centre of the Kingsland with our more "experienced" supporters, that whilst the supporters in rest of the ground seem to be dwindling at an alarming rate, that the vast majority of people around me who I used to sit with at the Dell are still going religiously. The old boys with their flasks and blankets, for whom it's really quite an effort on a cold night, are still there. I outlasted Branfoot, I will outlast Lowe. I'm not letting him stop me from watching my team.

I suppose that giving up on Saints because of the interference of a third party is a bit like divorcing your missus because of the mother-in-law, no matter how much you loved her (the missus that is). You wouldn't do it would you? So why give up on Saints?

Wife = relatively important human being

Football match attendance = relatively unimportant pastime

Apples = Apples

Pears = Pears

HTH

Big hand all round. Fair play mate, you've summed it up B-E-A-Utifully.