HMV facing administration

pap

Massive Tesco Extra/American style Walmart style shops for stuff you want to see/try first and then the rest on line. WH smiths and Travel agents have got to be up soon.

Trouble with most Uk shops is that they aren't sh*tty enough with their staff or open for long enough. Got to be open from 08.30 until 20.00 and have your staff on triple split shifts if you want to make money nowadays. 9 to 5 with and hour for lunch is so last century. Sainsburys have right idea, went in one near Folkestone the other day, 6.30 am until about 9 in the evening, they're not struggling.

It's what's known in the trade as a bosh bosh.

The strange thing is, this sex shop is just there, on its own. It is kind of between homebase and B&Q. I guess it must be popular with serial killers and the type of people that read and then review 50 shades of grey.

Here it is, just in case any of you thought I was making it up. http://uk.nomao.com/14403352.html

57993779?w=530&h=420

If you look carefully you can see matalan in the background.

But where else can you buy a slightly used copy of the 1989 Razzle Xmas Special?

Woolworth

HMV

Comet

Julien Greeves

Blacks

La senza

Adams

hawkins bazzar

Barratts

Peacocks

Game

Clintons

Jessops

JJB

Blockbuster

I'd be interested to know from that list what their sales are/were like with regards to selling to males or females. My guess is that the majority of sales from those shops would have been to males. It just looks like a more 'blokey' list in general. Is it just that us blokes can't be bothered going shopping any more, we've got better things to do, like going to the football.

Just look in the high street at how many nail bars, hair dressers and coffee shops there are now. The wimminz are taking over it's just like in the Two Ronnies...

Woolworth

HMV

Comet

Julien Greeves

Blacks

La senza

Adams

hawkins bazzar

Barratts

Peacocks

Game

Clintons

Jessops

JJB

Blockbuster

I'd be interested to know from that list what their sales are/were like with regards to selling to males or females. My guess is that the majority of sales from those shops would have been to males. It just looks like a more 'blokey' list in general. Is it just that us blokes can't be bothered going shopping any more, we've got better things to do, like going to the football.

Just look in the high street at how many nail bars, hair dressers and coffee shops there are now. The wimminz are taking over it's just like in the Two Ronnies...

Are you trying to tell us you used to buy your pants from La Senza...? ;)

It just looks like a more 'blokey' list in general. Is it just that us blokes can't be bothered going shopping any more, we've got better things to do, like going to the football.

Internet shopping. I do all mine online now; so much easier, and you can fap away between shops. Something, I discovered, you cant get away with on the highstreet.

Are you trying to tell us you used to buy your pants from La Senza...? ;)

No, but I bet they have a lot of blokes buying their other halfs undies for Xmas, birthdays. I'm no expert but the stuff they have in there looked like the kind of underwear blokes buy for their wife/girlfriend, not big comfy granny pants that make them look less fat that ladies buy themselves... As I say, just a hunch.

No, but I bet they have a lot of blokes buying their other halfs undies for Xmas, birthdays. I'm no expert but the stuff they have in there looked like the kind of underwear blokes buy for their wife/girlfriend, not big comfy granny pants that make them look less fat that ladies buy themselves... As I say, just a hunch.

blokes buy that stuff online. Think La Senza still exists perhaps not in the UK though.

not the same stuff. Can't compare your average sex shop knickers with Victoria"s Secret or Janet Reager.

Oh... I think we can windows and I think we should!

Candice-victorias-secret-angels-32918524-480-720.jpg

60-221-thickbox.jpg

Comparison:

Material - About the same amount but I am guessing vicki's one has is of a high quality, not into the pink bows on the sex shop stuff either

Comfort - who cares

Boner factor - both pretty high but maybe a win for the sex shop stuff

Edited by Tokyo-Saint

• 2 weeks later...
Was in Blockbusters today.

These administrators take the ****. Pretty much everything in there is STILL cheaper online. Walked out with nowt.

I know someone who used to work at Comet and she said they actually put their prices up when they went into admin to take advantage of all the extra muppets they was getting in the shop.

I know someone who used to work at Comet and she said they actually put their prices up when they went into admin to take advantage of all the extra muppets they was getting in the shop.

I suspect something similar going on here. Bought a game from there awhile back for £16. Same game, same format on super-duper closing down sale? £19.

Such vultures should be given short shrift, feeding upon the needy, no friend of the workers, oh sorry brother pap....................

I know the people who work there. Commiserated them on their situation. Most of them got something lined up.

Someone is having some fun over at HMV today. Clearly it's sad, but quite funny to read:

hmv ‏@hmvtweets

...and those hard working individuals, who wanted to make hmv great again, have mostly been fired, there seemed no other choice.

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

2m hmv ‏@hmvtweets

Under usual circumstances, we'd never dare do such a thing as this. However, when the company you dearly love is being ruined...

There were more, but they seem to have 'vanished'