Step-by-step guide to survival before kick off on May 19th

SaintBobby

It's embarassing, it really is. We are quick to label other clubs fans as arrogant yet here all the talk is of champions league football, bigger stadiums and man for man most players in the entire league wouldn't get into our side, yet tomorrow night we could only be one point above the relegation zone, you couldn't make it up. If Sunderland, Norwich or Newcastle fans were talking about champions league football everyone would laugh at them. I'm all for ambition but we're not even sure we'll be in the premier league next season FFS.

HaHaHa I'm laughing at you for taking it so seriously that you 'worry' about other fans 'laughing at us' - are you 12 ans worried about the playground?

HaHaHa I'm laughing at you for taking it so seriously that you 'worry' about other fans 'laughing at us' - are you 12 ans worried about the playground?

Oh dear Frank, still not getting it are you. Hahaha at you sunshine.

Whats the 20-game form like ? Dont see the relevance of your comment. From the last 2 games we've picked up none, theyve picked up 4 and were close to 6. Against the two teams we've lost to in that time.

My point is they're not really picking up far more points than us. The last two results have been better for them but from what I've seen and heard it sounds like they were lucky to win on Saturday. The difference in form is negligible. Five games is a relevant enough time to be used by most form tables - unlike 20 or 2!

Well, they are doing a pretty good job imitating it at the moment. Better than we are. The appear to be the 2011-2013 equivalent of us in the mid 90s.

As much as you sneer about them not winning every game, they are picking up far more points than us.

:lol::lol::lol:

What does the League Table say?

Pretty sure Southampton have 4 more points than Wigan, even if they win their game in hand, that is still 1 point behind Southampton.

So, quite clearly "they are picking up far more points than us." is utter nonsense, and wrong. However you try and spin it.

Go change your pampers and calm down.

:lol::lol::lol:

What does the League Table say?

Pretty sure Southampton have 4 more points than Wigan, even if they win their game in hand, that is still 1 point behind Southampton.

So, quite clearly "they are picking up far more points than us." is utter nonsense, and wrong. However you try and spin it.

Go change your pampers and calm down.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly have a reality issue.

They have got 4 points from the last 2 games, we have got zilch.

The gap has closed.

There is no margin for error.

Suggest you deal with it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You clearly have a reality issue.

They have got 4 points from the last 2 games, we have got zilch.

The gap has closed.

There is no margin for error.

Suggest you deal with it.

A reality issue? How exactly?

Is the league table not real? Does the league table not state exactly what I said?

In your world 4 points clear is a massive worry, and I am the one with the reality issue?

I haven't said there is no margin for error, things are a lot tighter than they were, and should have been. But we are still 4 points clear, with 2 winnable games left. Considering in your own words we were going to be so far adrift come January, we wouldn't have a hope of strengthening or staying up.

I would suggest you question who really has the reality issue.

A reality issue? How exactly?

Is the league table not real? Does the league table not state exactly what I said?

In your world 4 points clear is a massive worry, and I am the one with the reality issue?

I haven't said there is no margin for error, things are a lot tighter than they were, and should have been. But we are still 4 points clear, with 2 winnable games left. Considering in your own words we were going to be so far adrift come January, we wouldn't have a hope of strengthening or staying up.

I would suggest you question who really has the reality issue.

What relevance does a table, which includes results from back in August, have on what is going to happen in the next 2-3 games ?

On recent form, Wigan might pick up 5-6 points, whereas we could end up with no more points. That means they would go past us in the table, meaning we are left sh*tting the Norwich and Newcastle results.

We should have been able to get a draw last week against WBA and start planning our holidays.

And considering our form over the first 3 months, suggesting we would be adrift in January wasnt such an odd concept.

But WTF, a lot of you saddos think hindsight makes your abuse relevant..

why are you so agressive at people having faith in saints getting at least 1 more point in the next 2 games?

Why are so many aggressive at some having a genuine belief that we will struggle to get any more points and therefore are heavily dependent on results elsewhere (which arent exactly going well for us) to keep us up ?

Why are so many aggressive at some having a genuine belief that we will struggle to get any more points and therefore are heavily dependent on results elsewhere (which arent exactly going well for us) to keep us up ?

just spent 5 mins looking at your posting history, my word, you dont seem to like saints much do you?

:?

What relevance does a table, which includes results from back in August, have on what is going to happen in the next 2-3 games ?

On recent form, Wigan might pick up 5-6 points, whereas we could end up with no more points. That means they would go past us in the table, meaning we are left sh*tting the Norwich and Newcastle results.

We should have been able to get a draw last week against WBA and start planning our holidays.

And considering our form over the first 3 months, suggesting we would be adrift in January wasnt such an odd concept.

But WTF, a lot of you saddos think hindsight makes your abuse relevant..

Abuse? Alpine, with some of the stuff you have been coming out really, you really should put that violin down. You really aren't as nice as you think you are. You couldn't even finish the woe is me act without having to resort to abuse of your own. But yes, keep playing the little victim your poor little lamb.

What relevance does it have? Well that table that is irrelevant, is the one that decides the fate of all teams in the division. So it is actually pretty relevant. It scores all points across the whole season, so those points amassed in August, or not in Saints case, still affect what happens now. Not just the last two games, otherwise Wigan would be Champions League contenders by your last two games logic.

Funny how so many claim that picking random numbers of games as an indicator of form are now picking 2 (oh, because we lost the last two) to say we will be relegated.

So if that wasn't unrealistic, that would suggest our form changed possibly, at some point? But that cannot happen again no?

Maybe we should have gotten a draw at WBA, but we didn't. We probably should have been beat by City, Liverpool & Chelsea, but we wern't. This is how things work. If it was, none of us would watch football, as it would be boring.

Abuse? Alpine, with some of the stuff you have been coming out really, you really should put that violin down. You really aren't as nice as you think you are. You couldn't even finish the woe is me act without having to resort to abuse of your own. But yes, keep playing the little victim your poor little lamb.

What relevance does it have? Well that table that is irrelevant, is the one that decides the fate of all teams in the division. So it is actually pretty relevant. It scores all points across the whole season, so those points amassed in August, or not in Saints case, still affect what happens now. Not just the last two games, otherwise Wigan would be Champions League contenders by your last two games logic.

Funny how so many claim that picking random numbers of games as an indicator of form are now picking 2 (oh, because we lost the last two) to say we will be relegated.

So if that wasn't unrealistic, that would suggest our form changed possibly, at some point? But that cannot happen again no?

Maybe we should have gotten a draw at WBA, but we didn't. We probably should have been beat by City, Liverpool & Chelsea, but we wern't. This is how things work. If it was, none of us would watch football, as it would be boring.

Yes, yes. How remiss of me. A magical change of form for us is just around the corner. How silly I've been.. :(

Yes, yes. How remiss of me. A magical change of form for us is just around the corner. How silly I've been.. :(

why not. remember back when we lost to newcastle and QPR, then we won 3 in a row by playing brilliant stuff and scoring goals

So because we lost away to Tottenham, christ what a crap team Southampton must be, no one loses at WHL, and had our worst performance this calendar year, it is therefore impossible to play well again?

it would hardly need to be magical, a draw will most likely see us safe. Two draws definitely. A win, even more so. Against Sunderland and Stoke, that hardly needs to be magical.

So because we lost away to Tottenham, christ what a crap team Southampton must be, no one loses at WHL, and had our worst performance this calendar year, it is therefore impossible to play well again?

it would hardly need to be magical, a draw will most likely see us safe. Two draws definitely. A win, even more so. Against Sunderland and Stoke, that hardly needs to be magical.

The arrogance of this comment is astounding.

I said cant be bothered, troll. OK ? Reading a problem in your house, is it ?

Haha Alpine_Troll dishing out troll labels now.

Hilarious.

No reading isn't a problem in the slightest, thanks. You are the one reading things that aren't there. Maybe time to get your, specs checked?

Except of course we've only taken one point off of those sides so in our games against them this season, so maybe it does need to be magical. Don't tell me, we didnt win those games because that was before we were brilliant and when we had that clueless bumpkin Adkins in charge. :rolleyes:

[/b]

Except of course we've only taken one point off of those sides so in our games against them this season, so maybe it does need to be magical. Don't tell me, we didnt win those games because that was before we were brilliant and when we had that clueless bumpkin Adkins in charge. :rolleyes:

A repeat of that points tally will see us safe in my opinion. I don't think Wigan, Norwich, Newcastle & Sunderland will all get 41 points. So, that doesn't really need to be 'magical' as Alpine put it.

A repeat of that points tally will see us safe in my opinion. I don't think Wigan, Norwich, Newcastle & Sunderland will all get 41 points. So, that doesn't really need to be 'magical' as Alpine put it.

If that one point comes against Sunderland then i agree with you, if it comes against Stoke then we are in big trouble, Saturday is not so much a must win as a must not lose, if we do then we are in a lot of trouble.

If that one point comes against Sunderland then i agree with you, if it comes against Stoke then we are in big trouble, Saturday is not so much a must win as a must not lose, if we do then we are in a lot of trouble.

I'm not necessarily sure I agree. I still don't think all the 4 teams below us will finish on 41 points.

I would of course prefer we won/drew on Saturday, as I think that pretty much clinches it for us.

Annoying it has come to this, but I still don't think we will go down personally.

I'm not necessarily sure I agree. I still don't think all the 4 teams below us will finish on 41 points.

I would of course prefer we won/drew on Saturday, as I think that pretty much clinches it for us.

Annoying it has come to this, but I still don't think we will go down personally.

'It doesn't have to be magical' for Newcastle to win at already relegated QPR, Wigan will win at home to Swansea and Villa, Sunderland beat us and Norwich win at home to WBA. All of those results are very possible.

'It doesn't have to be magical' for Newcastle to win at already relegated QPR, Wigan will win at home to Swansea and Villa, Sunderland beat us and Norwich win at home to WBA. All of those results are very possible.

Possible individually, yes, very much so.

But I don't see it being as straightforward as that, that all those teams will pick up all those results.

I still don't think Wigan are dead certs to win both tonight and at Villa, who are also flying at the minute.

Also, this magical change in form thing wasn't me, it was someone else's phrase.

But I don't see it being as straightforward as that, that all those teams will pick up all those results.

I still don't think Wigan are dead certs to win both tonight and at Villa, who are also flying at the minute.

Also, this magical change in form thing wasn't me, it was someone else's phrase.

Oh, so we admit Wigan are flying at the moment, do we ?

At last. The patient is showing signs of progress.

Oh, so we admit Wigan are flying at the moment, do we ?

At last. The patient is showing signs of progress.

Villa, Alpine, Villa.

The team that beat fellow relegation struggles, with super motivator and Di Canio and all their balls and heart.

And I am the one that can't read yeah?

some seemed to think it was impossible for us to go on a bad run, instead thinking we were going to go on an unstoppable romp to a top half finish, we haven't put that sort of form together all season, so not sure whey they felt it was going to happen now. I found the whole thing about people wanting teams below us to beat teams above us very odd and arrogant. The priority this season was alwasy to stay up, then to build next season, that means putting as much distance between the bottom clubs and us as possible. The arrogance that is sweeping the club and fanbase with talk of champions league football and moving to the next level whilst in a relegation battle could make a lot of people look very stupid. of course, any feet on the ground realism is dismissed on here as negativity and trolling. :rolleyes:

Post of the Day

Are the games not played individually then? Are only 2 of them allowed to win? You often get it where all the other teams down there win as well. All of those teams will be looking at those fixtures fancying their chances in those games, as would we. I don't think we'll go down but we really don't want to go into the last game having to win going into it in the form we are in.

Are the games not played individually then? Are only 2 of them allowed to win? You often get it where all the other teams down there win as well. All of those teams will be looking at those fixtures fancying their chances in those games, as would we. I don't think we'll go down but we really don't want to go into the last game having to win going into it in the form we are in.

Why are you trying to put words into my mouth?

That isn't what I was saying, and you are more than intelligent enough to know that.

All those results are perfectly possible, yes, I agree with you.

I think it is less likely, that all those results will happen in reality.

It's why winning on accumulators is so bloody hard. You pick all the results that seem perfectly reasonable, and can happen. But, it just isn't that simple, and things don't always all go to plan.

Villa, Alpine, Villa.

The team that beat fellow relegation struggles, with super motivator and Di Canio and all their balls and heart.

And I am the one that can't read yeah?

now you dont even comprehend what you write :lol:

So Wigan are going to stay up, because their 2 game form is better than ours. They will do this by beating Villa, who have a 2 game form better than Wigan.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Now I know you are losing it....

Swansea - Win

Arsenal - Draw

Villa - Draw.

5 points or no ?

Wow, the bookies have set some funny numbers. Thats me told :(

You appear to think Wigan getting a point away at Arsenal is more likely than Saints getting something from an away game at Sunderland (without Sessegnon, Fletcher, Cattermole and Gardner) and a home game against Stoke (who are terrible away from home having only won 2 games and only scored 12 away goals).

Can you not understand why people struggle to take such an opinion seriously?

You appear to think Wigan getting a point away at Arsenal is more likely than Saints getting something from an away game at Sunderland (without Sessegnon, Fletcher, Cattermole and Gardner) and a home game against Stoke (who are terrible away from home having only won 2 games and only scored 12 away goals).

Can you not understand why people struggle to take such an opinion seriously and anything other than a troll attempt?

I notice you havent factored in our predilection for screwing everything up.

Lets see what happens, OK ?

Can you not understand why people struggle to take such an opinion seriously?

True, we tend to smash struggling teams don't we. Look at what we did to QPR who had only won once away all season when we played them.

I notice you havent factored in our predilection for screwing everything up.

Lets see what happens, OK ?

Again, answer my point...

Why do you think Wigan getting a point away at Champions League chasing Arsenal is MORE likely than Saints getting something from Sunderland (without numerous key players) and a team with a terrible away record like Stoke?

Wigan could well get a point at Arsenal, but to say it is more likely to happen than Saints getting points from games against bottom half teams like Sunderland and Stoke is bizarre. Can you really not understand why you might be ridiculed for such a viewpoint?