The 2013 Time Killing Summer Saints Quiz thread

Colinjb

Damn, knew the wording was poor. Against him = against the team he was playing in (he wasn't the goalie ;))

Damn it all to hell, you had to bring up that FA cup game didn't you...cruising 3-0 at half time and then bang, bang, bang.....

As for the player, I have no idea, probably a young kiddie who never got over it..

I know we had six in the same team at one point in 1982

Bally, Channon, KK, Shilts, Mick Mills and ??

Don't know if that is the complete list though

there are 4 more in additon to the ones you've mentioned. Just to clarify they might not have been England captain whilst playing for Saints but they played for Saints at some point in their career and were England captain, also at some point in their career.

Edited by Turkish

i knew you'd get it when i saw you'd posted.

it's strange how Sir Alf isn't really associated with Southampton, more Ipswich. Well before my time, so perhaps in the 70's he was seen to `belong' to us a bit more?

a couple more before I depart. Seeing as everyone apart from the and me seem to be at work, perhaps you could give everyone a chance to look at lunchtime before cleaning up Mr T.

2102663_120bc0ff.jpg

this one might stump you anyway. I'd never have got it myself.

a couple more before I depart. Seeing as everyone apart from the and me seem to be at work, perhaps you could give everyone a chance to look at lunchtime before cleaning up Mr T.

2102663_120bc0ff.jpg

this one might stump you anyway. I'd never have got it myself.

Should have fuzzed the link out :D I would never have got that in a mllion.

I doubt many would get this one from the first pic, but the second should be easier

OldMolineux38.jpg

OldMolineux26.jpg

Ah, old gold saftey barriers, old gold trim to the main stand...could it be a ground for a club that plays in old gold?

Actually, my Uncle is a big supporter of this club so I am pretty sure it is....

Ah, old gold saftey barriers, old gold trim to the main stand...could it be a ground for a club that plays in old gold?

Actually, my Uncle is a big supporter of this club so I am pretty sure it is....

yep. Which is the away end by the way? Also any idea of the rough date of this image. The `new' stand on the right probably gives a good clue.

no points for those!

yep. Which is the away end by the way? Also any idea of the rough date of this image. The `new' stand on the right probably gives a good clue.

no points for those!

that stand was opened in 80-81 season. I was working in Brum in March 81 and went to a FA Cup Q/f replay against Boro. We got tickets off atout and went in the new stand and found the touchline was about 50 yards away. In that photo the pitch has been moved across, so could be the following season.

The away section was in the end the photo was taken. To the right of the photographer.

no points for those!

I think the big terrace is the old North bank at Wolves. I stood on those barriers (or a wooden step our Wolves supporting friends carried for their kids to stand on, or on my dad's shoulders)about half way back as a nipper (would have been 7-9 yrs old) and saw Saints at Molineux several times when we were exiled in the midlands. I also stood in about the very same spot that guy with the flat cap is standing on a Boxing Day (I think) in late 60's/early 70's and saw Man Utd with Best, Law, Charlton etc, on a pitch that was absolutely frozen solid, would never have played it nowadays. As the picture shows the bottom of the terrace was about waist height and loads of kids would be down the front with their arms and shoulders reaching up on to the running track.

Happy days.