Poortvliet happy with "many" of our loan players

trousers

Pekhart and Smith haven't been too good. I doubt he would mean Robertson after playing him three games in a row, he's not been great but you can't knock the effort he's putting in.

Maybe he means Gasmi although would be a bit harsh to judge someone who's not even match fit.

Pekhart and Smith are just a waste of space it seems.

Cork and Pearce superb.

Robertson I haven't seen enough of.

Robertson is somewhere in the middle, not brilliant but certainly not a bad player. Wouldn't mind getting him in exchange for Dyer, he at least gives us an option upfront.

Might be me reading too much into a quote (for once)....but when Poortvliet says: "We are very satisfied with many of our loan players and we hope that they will stay here," isn't he implying that he's not satisfied with all of them?

I wonder which ones he's not "very satisfied" with?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=11023

You know what, Trousers, I read it and the same thought crossed my mind. Most, but not all. I think we all agree on who has excelled, who has done ok, and who seems a waste of our (very scarce) money. If Smith was supposed to backfill for Holmes, we sure won't want him when Holmes is back in harness.

Wow. A positive message from Jan and someone has to pick holes in a possible negative. Whatever next.

He could simply be saying that others have not yet had an opportunity to prove themselves. Robertson, for example, has said he is only just getting back to full fitness and we knew we would have to wait a while longer for Gasmi and Pulis to be available for selection. He can hardly say he is impressed with them but that's not to say they will not shine.

We have Holmes, Skacel, Surman, Gobern and apparently BWP who can play LW, so Smith can go back to Millwall as far as I care.

Pekhart hasn't played much but by all accounts hasn't been impressive. Robertson puts the effort in, but has never really looked effective. Looked average at Reading, very poor against Plymouth and there were hardly rave reviews from Charlton.

Gasmi hasn't had a real chance for the first team yet, but I didn't get a boner watching him in the reserves.

So, on the face of it I'd keep Pearce and Cork given chance, but they're the two we're leat likely to get.

On a slightly different note, why did we get rid of Licka and sign Pulis...

Too early to write anyone off.

Considering his non appearance recently (and the comments made by JP) it would appear that Jan has written him off!!!!!

Cork and Pearce have been good loan signings, but after that I can't help but think the others have been a waste of time, effort and money.