Saints Wage Bill

saints_is_the_south

So David Gold seems to think we are now shelling out close to £52m on wages. Pretty sure there were some figures released for last season which showed us at about £25m, and one of the lowest in the PL. Osvaldo is reported to be on approx £2.5m per season. So where has the other £25m that Mr Gold is referring to coming from, or is he talking b******s?

We've signed 3 players this summer and handed out new deals to several other players, but would that really have seen our wage bill double in 1 summer? Somehow I doubt it. My guess would be that we are now somewhere between £35m-£40m.

Here's the link to Gold's interview btw:

So David Gold seems to think we are now shelling out close to £52m on wages. Pretty sure there were some figures released for last season which showed us at about £25m, and one of the lowest in the PL. Osvaldo is reported to be on approx £2.5m per season. So where has the other £25m that Mr Gold is referring to coming from, or is he talking b******s?

We've signed 3 players this summer and handed out new deals to several other players, but would that really have seen our wage bill double in 1 summer? Somehow I doubt it. My guess would be that we are now somewhere between £35m-£40m.

Here's the link to Gold's interview btw:

If you watch the video closely you see him throw a toy across the room at one point and start shouting 'its not fair'

West Ham are paying Carroll £100K p/w, Downing £70K & I bet Joe Cole is on similar too. Our highest wage earner is on £50K (if the reported €3m per season for Osvaldo is correct). Saints also do not have £70m worth of debt to service & repay by June 2016.

Carroll is on £80k. Gaston is on a reported £68k, but theres will still be considerably more than ours.

Thing is aswell, he's comparing us to them, and isn't carrol on 100,000 ish a week and I can imagine Nolan and the likes of Downng are on pretty larges wages too, I'd hazard a guess that they're on 50/60, 000 ish, on players who are pushing 30 and aren't going to increase in value.

I can't see us paying that much out on wages,other than Gaston and Osvaldo players like SRL,AL,Spider must be on £25-£30k a week,considering they are some of our best players that is cheap for today's market

I was told this morning that SRL is on £38k a week. It came from a bloke who is friends with his banker (both STHs), highly unprofessional of the banker, but the days of trusting them are over.

I was told this morning that SRL is on £38k a week. It came from a bloke who is friends with his banker (both STHs), highly unprofessional of the banker, but the days of trusting them are over.

What was it that Cortese did for a living before he joined Saints. I forget...

Talk about people in glass houses... I think their wage bill must have gone up far more than ours this summer. Carroll and Downing obviously and Razvan Rat would have been on decent money at Shakhtar.

As someone else alluded to, we have cut a large chunk off our wage bill this summer. With promotion bonuses and pay rises I doubt the likes of De Ridder, Chaplow, Butters and Richardson were on less than £10-£20k a week. With the players who've left we probably knocked about £100k a week off our wage bill. That probably covers Lovren and Wanyama's contracts in itself. If we can offload Sharp, Barnard, Martin, Forte and Lee that will probably cover Ossie's wages too.

Obvious we have handed out improved contracts to a handful of players but I doubt they will include massive pay increases. Only a moderate increase based on what we know we can afford.