West Ham ticket sales

saints_is_the_south

2,634 available as of now according to the online ticket site. That includes 19 available in block 43, 18 at the very bottom to the block 42 side and 1 random seat available in the middle of the block. I don't know whether or not it's been opened to home fans yet, but I've read West Ham have only taken an approx allocation of 2,000.

Going to be another sub 30,000 attendance by the looks of things.

Edited by saints_is_the_south

2,634 available as of now according to the online ticket site. That includes 19 available in block 43, 18 at the very bottom to the block 42 side and 1 random seat available in the middle of the block. I don't know whether or not it's been opened to home fans yet, but I've read West Ham have only taken an approx allocation of 2,000.

Looking at another sub 30,000 attendance by the looks of things.

yes going to be a small crowd, a far cry from the "record attendance" days of West Ham at home in the Championship.

Pricing all wrong making this a B game for a televised Sunday match, there are loads of seats left in block 3.

looking on the website there are 4 home games on sale at one time, West Ham, Bristol City, Crystal Palace and Swansea (a sunday 1.30 kick off), not one of those games will sell out.

Loads of people are booking last minute late summer getaways, I know a mate who just booked a holiday to Kos and will be away this weekend, the weather is getting a little chilly and the evenings are drawing in, it's Sunday so people don't want to get back late and be tired for work the next day, it's on TV and those fans who followed England this week won't go either.

It will still be a relatively good attendance all things considered so we are still a massive club and should definitely plan to build the super dome.

Loads of people are booking last minute late summer getaways, I know a mate who just booked a holiday to Kos and will be away this weekend, the weather is getting a little chilly and the evenings are drawing in, it's Sunday so people don't want to get back late and be tired for work the next day, it's on TV and those fans who followed England this week won't go either.

It will still be a relatively good attendance all things considered so we are still a massive club and should definitely plan to build the super dome.

Im going to Cuba for 2 weeks

When will people realise that we'll only attract 50,000 crowds when we have a 50,000 seater stadium. Given the money we've spent and the ambition we have, I feel attending a 32k stadium is beneath me. I shall therefore be watching this in the pub until someone pulls their finger out and starts constructing something.

When it's ready Nicola, give me a bell.

Might change if Ricky scores tonight! I've no idea how sales go in the 5 days before a match though, but I'd expect them to be reasonable . But the way the economy is going [recovery my ar.se] saving £30+ on tickets and transport and watching down the pub will hold attraction to many. Looks like such considerations are impacting the WH fans too, and they've always bought a good crowd when I've been there.

West ham have got an appalling uptake, they were commenting on how embarrassing it was on their forum... saying, that because its sunday, 4pm and sky, they have more going to hull away...

Football's gone mad. It's overpriced and Mr average just won't put up with it anymore. My nephew binned his season ticket this year - too expensive ( and he has a good job) to hand pick the odd game. My brother used to go to 15 ish games a season, he now goes to about 5 or 6. Sooner or later it will come to a head. I have a season ticket but it may be my last year, was gonna take the kids to bristolcity game but not now - another £50 evening with travel. Can't blame the west ham fans - it's getting beyond the average fan.

Might change if Ricky scores tonight! I've no idea how sales go in the 5 days before a match though, but I'd expect them to be reasonable . But the way the economy is going [recovery my ar.se] saving £30+ on tickets and transport and watching down the pub will hold attraction to many. Looks like such considerations are impacting the WH fans too, and they've always bought a good crowd when I've been there.

I'd say you're about right. If Ricky puts in a good one tonight then I think it could stick a couple of thousand on the gate, mind you, Saints fans have been known for leaving it late to get tickets in the past.

And, as you say, the 'ammers have got very strong travelling support so if you want an indicator that 'times are a changin' then footie bosses want to take note pretty quick. The pubs are packed with fans watching games for free every weekend, they're deluding themselves if they think the punters will just keep on coming at these ridiculous prices. I've got a ST and can't imagine...after over 4 decades of going to matches...not doing what I do on a match day, but if I hadn't paid up front I may be finding 'reasons' not to bother 'this time' and pop down the local boozer to watch it instead.

I'd say you're about right. If Ricky puts in a good one tonight then I think it could stick a couple of thousand on the gate, mind you, Saints fans have been known for leaving it late to get tickets in the past.

And, as you say, the 'ammers have got very strong travelling support so if you want an indicator that 'times are a changin' then footie bosses want to take note pretty quick. The pubs are packed with fans watching games for free every weekend, they're deluding themselves if they think the punters will just keep on coming at these ridiculous prices. I've got a ST and can't imagine...after over 4 decades of going to matches...not doing what I do on a match day, but if I hadn't paid up front I may be finding 'reasons' not to bother 'this time' and pop down the local boozer to watch it instead.

agree whilst i have a season ticket, youngest son is going instead of me with his brother because he is off to uni following week and we did not renew his ticket. A few years back i would have bought a ticket but price, and my age means i am happy to watch on sky

What has changed from stoke end of last season? Really struggled to get tickets for that game and now there are still seats available for Sunday?? Me and my mates travelling from Glasgow for the game hoping for a good atmosphere and home win. Wonder if I will have as much ease buying tickets for the Man U game last day of the season!!

Last season when we played West Brom on TV (albeit a Monday night, not Sunday) they charged £15 in some parts of the ground. No reason why other clubs couldn't do the same for televised games.

£35/40 for a ticket + beer/food/travel or £20/30 down the boozer? No brainer. If I didn't have an ST I'd be in the pub watching it for sure.