German Market

Give it to Ron

I had a wander round the one in town on Sunday and was amazed at how much they are charging for food.

One bloke walked away with about 10 fried potatoe slices some saurkraut and a few slices of suckling pig that cost £9.

I have tried the spicy sausages in the past and these were now £4 I am sure they were only £3ish last year the lager was at £3 which I don't think too bad.

Saw that last year and thought it looked dirty compared to the Bournemouth one...

From where i had a nice pint and a steak sandwich for 3 pound each on Sunday night...

The one in Bournemouth is pathetic and tiny, nice cup of cherry mulled wine enjoyed there last weekend though.

TBF Germany must be pony this time of year for them to come over here and sell gassy beer and crappy sweets to the cackers who occupy the city centre during the day. And it's disappointing to see people lapping it up; it's only ****e lager, dogmeat sausages (made up of lips and assholes), putrid sugar "confectionary" and poxy garden tools.

I wonder if there is an English Market in Germany anywhere, selling fish and chips, franklin mint plates and cheap cider, where all the krauts* swoon about saying it's great to have a traditional english christmas market, blah, blah,

* term used in a jovial way and not at all racist or germanophobe or whatever.

i wish they put it in the road outside where tk maxx was...so f**king rammed in town ALL the time when its there! I know they're obviously gonna get more business outside West Quay, but surely u'd be bringing business to the shops down east street etc?

Brilliant work by the council again there..

TBF Germany must be pony this time of year for them to come over here and sell gassy beer and crappy sweets to the cackers who occupy the city centre during the day. And it's disappointing to see people lapping it up; it's only ****e lager, dogmeat sausages (made up of lips and assholes), putrid sugar "confectionary" and poxy garden tools.

I wonder if there is an English Market in Germany anywhere, selling fish and chips, franklin mint plates and cheap cider, where all the krauts* swoon about saying it's great to have a traditional english christmas market, blah, blah,

* term used in a jovial way and not at all racist or germanophobe or whatever.

They are over here because they know they can get away with selling sausages for £4 that'll be about €2 in Germany. (BTW you can get similar sausages in packs of 6 for about £1.50 in Lidl.)

The one in Bournemouth is pathetic and tiny, nice cup of cherry mulled wine enjoyed there last weekend though.

Incorrect. It's a nice size. And doesn't get in the way of people trying to walk places.

The one in Southampton just looks sh:t and takes up too much space.

As if it's not f::cking hard enough trying to walk anywhere with all the mongs in the way to get all ya Christmas shopping done on Christmas Eve as it is...

I am taking an English market to Germany next year. I will be selling traditional fake Stone Island sweatshirts and pirate DVDs. And for a real slice of English culture, I will employ 16-year-old mum's to wander around in pink tracksuits, telling their dirty, screaming offspring to "shut the f*ck up Brooklyn/Britney/Usher/Jordan/Biggins".

I'm now worried. Just got back from a German Market in Zurich... You're saying they are in Southampton AND Bournemouth as WELL!

The b**stds have invaded Europe again, look at that, 30's recession, they invade. 2008 recession and they're everywhere....

Mind you the Gluhwien was nice and only 5 CHFs (whatever that is in real money)

Don't see why we need a "German Market" in the middle of Southampton anyway. If you want to experience one, go to Germany and let me get on with my Christmas shopping in peace, without that wretched stench lingering through the city centre...

Don't see why we need a "German Market" in the middle of Southampton anyway. If you want to experience one, go to Germany and let me get on with my Christmas shopping in peace, without that wretched stench lingering through the city centre...

The only reason they exist in the UK is because they are subsidised by the host councils so that the nice real Germans are paid by the local authority to come and set up stall and then sell their bratwurst, lager and hansel & gretel trinkets!

Whether you are in Southampton, Bournemouth, Edinburgh, Manchester or London, every single stall holder has been paid to come here by the local authority! Gute verk if you can get it!

I had a wander round the one in town on Sunday and was amazed at how much they are charging for food.

One bloke walked away with about 10 fried potatoe slices some saurkraut and a few slices of suckling pig that cost £9.

I have tried the spicy sausages in the past and these were now £4 I am sure they were only £3ish last year the lager was at £3 which I don't think too bad.

Nope. Always been £4.

I'm certain they weren't £4 last year; £3.50 at most.

They're nice but there's no way I'm paying £4 for a hot-dog when you need to eat at least 2 of them to be anywhere near full.