Christmas present fans

lordswoodsaints

The place was full of them today and it made for a **** atmosphere.

Thank god most of them left when we went 3 down.

If any of you bought tickets for friends and relatives for today's game as a christmas present then hold your head in shame and don't ever do it again.

I would guess the last game of the season will be like that as well considering it's against United and the season will be all but over.

Always like this at 'family' time of the season. Boxing day [...]

You're right on the others, but we've had some top support at Boxing Day matches! The atmosphere at Cardiff shat all over today. Away days are becoming the go-to if you want support that doesn't depend purely on how the match is going.

He was rubbish today. Deserved it!

I didn't notice him once in the second half. Anonymous.

The place was full of them today and it made for a **** atmosphere.

Thank god most of them left when we went 3 down.

If any of you bought tickets for friends and relatives for today's game as a christmas present then hold your head in shame and don't ever do it again.

Perhaps you should draw up a guest list and submit it to the club in advance ?

It's never good to have the wrong type of people at a football match :)

Then that must include me then, who bought a ticket for my brother-in-law. And you're right, we sat in the Northam the whole match and didn't shout once!

What an idiotic, inflammatory generalisation.

Think about why people in other parts of the stadium might not have been chanting - probably less to do with whether they're true fans or not, more to do with the weather, the way the Saints were playing yesterday, and the actual day. Arguably, newer fans might chant more considering that they want to be part of an atmosphere they don't normally associate with - the phrase more Catholic than the Pope comes to mind.

I'm normally one for making plenty of noise but yesterday was a struggle. Had a banging hangover after about 3 hours sleep and had the wind and rain in my face. Couldn't give a toss about singing. Sorry I let you down.

don't worry about it, some of our players didn't look to be in a much better frame of mind.

Fookall to do with Christmas attendees, there was probably only a few hundred 'extras' on our usual support and a full away contingent. Surely 27-28,000 'regulars' weren't thrown off their game by a handful of day-trippers?

New Years hangovers didn't help (although it never affected their lot) but the truth is SMS has been getting more and more quiet by the week. The Chapel is just in the same comatose state as always and the Northam has run out of songs since we got promoted. Other than the slow droaning OWTS and a couple of skate songs, we've turned into the average Premier League home support. Sh*t.

Despite noisy away fans in the last 2 games all ours can muster is the 80s throwback "you only sing when yer winning" and "shhhhhhhhhh" on the odd occasion they pipe down. It really should be the other way round.

Plenty slag players when they have an off day, maybe the players should start taking a pop at the 'support'.

We were very good at home against Fulham and Swansea in terms of atmosphere. F*ck knows what was up with it yesterday. Don't blame people for leaving. I left just after their 3rd. It's humiliating watching the last few minutes when the away team is just knocking it around and their support are already celebrating on our patch. Would rather be one of the first back to the pub for a quiet drink than watch the final whistle and the away fans celebrating.

I left just after their 3rd. It's humiliating watching the last few minutes when the away team is just knocking it around and their support are already celebrating on our patch. Would rather be one of the first back to the pub for a quiet drink than watch the final whistle and the away fans celebrating.

Suck it up you snivelling wimps...do what the rest of us have had to do from the Dell days when we stood in the pouring rain without any cover watching our lads getting spanked by better sides. Sometimes we sang our hearts out to the bitter end, sometimes we didn't but at least we were there at the end to applaud the team off after 90 minutes...it's called being a supporter, defiant in defeat.

There is nothing more embarrassing in football than watching half the supposed support disappear to the pub at the first sign of defeat.