Player Exits

Saint Charlie

Might as well have a thread for the stories that are bound to come up in the next few days.

Mail reporting West Ham discussing terms with Lambert after being encouraged by today's events.

Collymore saying he has heard Utd will come in for Shaw and Lallana due to uncertainty at Saints.

Shaw's family have made their position clear enough re NC exit.

Collymore:

Several agents will now look to either get their players in or out of Saints, as Cortese for now leaves a vacuum. Clubs will hover. A fact.

Lallana won't leave Saints over this, no chance.

Shaw would have gone in the summer whatever anyway.

I think people are placing far too much value on how much the players genuinely care about all of this. I doubt they do, they will get on with it regardless of who the chief exec is.

Lallana won't leave Saints over this, no chance.

Shaw would have gone in the summer whatever anyway.

I think people are placing far too much value on how much the players genuinely care about all of this. I doubt they do, they will get on with it regardless of who the chief exec is.

Exactly. We will probably get someone else experienced in soon who when they are appointed will say something like nothing changes we are fully committed blah blah blah.

Haven't West Ham just given Carlton Cole a new 18 month contract, Carroll is back and they're bringing in a bloke from the Ivory Coast (I think) as well? Not sure if they'd really need Lambert now.

People need to chill out about all of this, it's not as if we're suddenly going to be fielding our Under 18s by the end of the month.

Haven't West Ham just given Carlton Cole a new 18 month contract, Carroll is back and they're bringing in a bloke from the Ivory Coast (I think) as well? Not sure if they'd really need Lambert now.

People need to chill out about all of this, it's not as if we're suddenly going to be fielding our Under 18s by the end of the month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2540136/EXCLUSIVE-West-Ham-talks-sign-Southampton-striker-Lambert.html

Lukes Dad...

Paul shaw ‏@paul_shaw3 1h

So disappointed with Southampton fc owners.....

Thanks - so that's it??

From the posts I have read I thought he'd come out and said something like "please come and buy my son" or something.

Lots of people are disappointed, but we need to let the dust settle and see what happens.

What isn't clear currently is who is authorised to agree transfer deals on behalf of the club - Katarina is non-exec chairman so its not her and she won't be handling negotiations. Can't see MoPo doing those either. Who do we have at the club with the necessary experience to handle negotiations? Les Reed?