Trains this Saturday for Fulham

JackanorySFC

Myself and 5/ 6 others are going up ticketless this Saturday (done Craven Cotage a few times, if I get a ticket up there great, if not a local pub on satellite it is). Anyway, SWT are offering £10 day returns from anywhere on the network (Botley in my case) at weekends until Feb 22nd (useful for West Ham too). Just wondering if this ticket extends/ is valid at Putney if changing at Clapham Junction? I'm assuming it does but don't want a surprise when we all get there.

From what people were saying last night, seems a lot of Saints going up for the day without tickets. Trains are going to be seriously busy I expect, with that in mind will the £5 weekend upgrade to first class be available?

Cheers.

I've got one of these £10 deals. I'm assuming that it goes to Putney, as its on the overground I believe. Going to take Oyster Card anyway as going to central London a for a bit after the game. Cannot wait, should be full of Saints. There are tickets available on the VIAGOGO website if you want to pay a little more? I know there was also a few tickets in the neutral stand (next to away fans and same turnstiles etc) on their official website...worth having a look into?

Anyone got any recommendations for pubs? Think we're going to head to the Bricklayers as it sounds like a cracking real ale pub, it's just over the river. Heard Eight Bells also mentioned as an option.

The deal is valid on all SWT routes (with a handful of exceptions but they're all down in the West Country), so just get the return ticket to Putney via "Any Permitted Route" (which will allow you to go via Waterloo as well as Clapham Junction) and you'll be fine.

The walk from Putney over ground to the ground is only about 15 mins. Nice walk along Putney high Street, across the river and then through the park to CC. I live opposite Putney overground station so the closest game of the season for me! I'm not sure about over the river, but if you are looking for a place to drink on Putney High street try the spotted horse or the boat house

The deal is valid on all SWT routes (with a handful of exceptions but they're all down in the West Country), so just get the return ticket to Putney via "Any Permitted Route" (which will allow you to go via Waterloo as well as Clapham Junction) and you'll be fine.

Thanks Guys, thought as much. Cracking deal that I can see many people taking up. Putney is a great part of London, looking forward to a good clean drink in the many very good pubs round there. In fact I once woke up in a flat there with a Kiwi nurse after a School Disco night at PoNaNa's in Hammersmith. Happy memories indeed....

I've got one of these £10 deals. I'm assuming that it goes to Putney, as its on the overground I believe. Going to take Oyster Card anyway as going to central London a for a bit after the game. Cannot wait, should be full of Saints. There are tickets available on the VIAGOGO website if you want to pay a little more? I know there was also a few tickets in the neutral stand (next to away fans and same turnstiles etc) on their official website...worth having a look into?

Anyone got any recommendations for pubs? Think we're going to head to the Bricklayers as it sounds like a cracking real ale pub, it's just over the river. Heard Eight Bells also mentioned as an option.

The Bricklayers is a quality pub, will get packed closer to kick off though.

The only thing I guess to bear in mind is that in theory these tickets won't let you break your journey for a beer anywhere other than Putney?

I was hoping to stop for a few drinks at Waterloo, do you think this won't be possible?

There aren't any times etc on tickets, so don't see why not.

The Eight Bells is a Fulham 'away' pub. Small pub, very friendly, normally very busy with visiting fans. If you're coming down Putney High Street from the overground station, it's just over Putney Bridge on the right, behind/opposite the Premier Inn. It's also 30 seconds round the corner from Putney Bridge Underground if you come that way. Either way, it's on your way to the ground. There's two other pubs within a hundred yards (Temperance, Larrick) but they're not as good as the Bells IMO. Not sure about their policy on away fans. Golden Lion on Fulham High Street will not let away fans in. Some of the pubs in Putney High Street won't let you in with colours on either, but I think the Coat and Badge is ok (half way down Putney High Street, turn left down Lacy Road).