The table dosen't lie Jan,wake up, please.

saint lard

dont want to speak too soon but we are still out of the relegation places so as far as any pre-soeason targets I had are concerned we are still on target. Anything higher than 4th from bottom is a bonus to me this season.

He is right about putting away the chances too. Its not like we dont get enough chances to put games out of reach but our goals to shots is awful. Who else do we try up front to change that? I would love to bring Rasiak or John back and send out McGoldrick on loan to a club that can teach him how to shoot but if that was an option then im fairly sure it would be done.

If I earnt enough to pay the wages of a decent striker I would as I think although we will more often then not let in 3 goals, we make enough chances to score 10 per game.

Perhaps it is we (you) who should wake up and smell the coffee - we have been in this position all season - rarely have we been much higher. Most of us expected nothing more. So long as we are where we are now, at the end of the season, - job done.

No point getting all hysterical now - nobody ever died falling off a cliff - admittedly many did when they reached the bottom, but we have not yet done that.

These players are better than they are performing. They showed that in the second half on Saturday.

Jan, stop molly-coddling these young men and kick them up the ass. I'm not sure the softly softly approach works. Can't see Ferguson, Keane, Cappelo etc allowing players to underperform so often. Effing get hold of em, for their sake, your sake and the club's.

There's a good chance we can go into Xmas 7 points clear of the drop zone and given what has happened this season I wouldn't be too displeased with that.

I can't see where the good chance comes from - we have won 1 in 11 at home.

Forest are on a decent run now and will not roll over and we could not beat the worst Sheff Wednesday team I have ever seen. They were not interested in the first half and were there for the taking.

Not sure I agree with JP here.

Two goals away from home should be enough to win any game.

Conceding three in ten minutes - THAT was the problem...

That said, we're going to see these inconsistent results given the experience of the team. But now, with half a season behind them, they must kick on and start to play high-tempo for 94 minutes in every game.

Cork admits they knew Burnley would be at it from the off, but they were still caught napping. That's not management, that's experience and concentration - just a shame our two most experienced players helped Burnley score two goals!!!

But hey, maybe we can take the fightback into the next game and start at 100 miles an hour... three goals in ten minutes in the right net would suit me fine!

..Having said that, a couple of seasons ago Pompey were all but down then survived by spending vast amounts in January. The table didn't tell us much about that one, so it's debatable anyway. It tells us all we need to know, but there's an awful lot it doesn't tell us too.

CLASSIC!!!!!!

...the table didn't tell us much...but at the same time tells us all we need to know.... whilst leaving an awful lot untold.

Thank you Jeal-Paul Sartre.

Not sure I agree with JP here.

Two goals away from home should be enough to win any game.

Conceding three in ten minutes - THAT was the problem...

That said, we're going to see these inconsistent results given the experience of the team. But now, with half a season behind them, they must kick on and start to play high-tempo for 94 minutes in every game.

Cork admits they knew Burnley would be at it from the off, but they were still caught napping. That's not management, that's experience and concentration - just a shame our two most experienced players helped Burnley score two goals!!!

But hey, maybe we can take the fightback into the next game and start at 100 miles an hour... three goals in ten minutes in the right net would suit me fine!

I'm not sure how 2 goals in 5 minutes from individual mistakes by senior pros constitutes being "caught napping". Heads dropped after that, but they did get themselves back into the game.

yeah Jan why aren't you packing the side with ex premiership loanees and buying the cream of the talent from the lower leagues and have us challenge for promotion as we all expected you to do? What's that? We don't have two bras farthing to rub together and therefore can only afford nippers on peanuts and the senior players we couldn't offload in the summer.

Does Jan even have a say on transfers?