MP Pre match interview

dobbo

Not seen posted anywhere else, but did I here MP say about planning for next year.

I hope this is true.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/9160428/southampton-boss-mauricio-pochettino-says-football-philosophy-is-paying-dividends

"As I've said in the past, I don't really listen to these rumours," he added.

"It flatters the philosophy of this club. On a personal matter, I'm very calm about my future and am already thinking ahead and planning for next season."

Planning for next season - but didn't specifically say with saints? ;) FWIW I think he will still be here next season. He also said not long ago that the Europa league wouldn't be ideal next season or something like that. Why would he care about next season if planning to leave?

Not a strange post Duncan. . I was referring to the earlier SSN post' that's all . Do not have a crystal ball . The way I interpret what he said was he planning for next season with the saints . Unless whoever posted the SSN post re MP made it up (rivers above ) . Then I have been duped .

But then again folk like you Duncan know everything about what is happening at saints . More than I will ever know .

I will just crawl back in my little hole and allow all the ITKs to post their valued opinions

Its so easy to over analyse things when your looking so intently for answers.

The following article can be construed either way for example -

http://www.clubcall.com/southampton/saints-future-excites-pochettino-1709222.html?

On the one hand he is encouraged by our prospects for next year and beyond, while on the other he could be softening the blow of his impending departure by insisting the club will survive and has a good future.

Its best to wait and see in the summer, a lot of things require far more clarity not just the managers position.

I'm guessing it all depends on the ambitions of the current or future owner(s).

Yes and in his position I'd do exactly the same. The thing about a new contact is, if Real or someone else came in for him, he'd be gone anyway, we'd just get more compo.

I like MP and would very much like him to stay but if the club isn't sold and there's still a decent transfer pot on offer, I can see it being a very attractive job for another manager. The worst scenario would be club up for sale, protracted purchase running for most of the summer, MP walks and don't get a replacement quickly. Hopefully if the club is retained by KL or sold quickly to someone with the right calibre, and it seems to be in very good shape either way, it shouldn't be an issue. No point worrying about it because we can't do anything about it.