Your premier league best XI ?!

SRL_Lover

I know it's too early but what's your premier league best XI until week 26 ?!

I think Saints can AT LEAST have 2 players there!

My team is something like:

.........................Szczesny.........................

Coleman........Koscielny........Jagielka.........Shaw

Lallana........Toure............Ramsey............Hazard

Sturridge........Suarez

Agree?!

(Sorry if my english is poor:blush:)

Lovren would have to be in there IMO. Prob Baines instead of Shaw. and DEFINITELY not 442!

Would have to go with Aguero Suarez and Hazard up top, Lallana in behind with Toure and Ramsey closely pip Morgan.

If Sturridge keeps his incredible stats I think he surely will be in the team(Aguero has missed too many weeks!)

But in Lovren case I think you are right!

..............................Cech.......................

.....Coleman..... Lovren..... Terry...... Baines.........

................Ramsey .............Toure.............

...Hazard.........................................Lallana......

.................Suarez...............Aguero.....................

SUBS: Szczesny, Shaw, Mertersacker, Sturridge, Jedinak, Johnson, Negredo

Manager: Rodgers

............................ Szczesny ............... .......

.....Coleman..... Lovren..... Mertesacker...... Baines.........

................Ramsey .............Toure.............

...Hazard......................................... Lallana......

.................Suarez...............Aguero......

Whenever I see a best XI, people seem to shoehorn together the best players. But what about the best team? Something more than the some of its parts, where formation matters too.

And what would be your world XI on that basis too?

Here's mine:

Premier:

Begovic

Zabayleta Kompany Lovren Shaw

Toure Schneiderlin

Silva Aguero Hazard

Suarez

World:

Neuer

Dani Alves Kompany Thiago Silva Shaw

Toure Schweinsteiger

Bale Messi Ronaldo

Aguero

Maybe I'm being biassed or just don't know enough LBs, but Shaw really is that good, and there won't be much argument once he's playing for Chelsea. Nearly went for Lahm but I'd always prefer a left footer offering natural width.

Please... Shaw is very very good for his age, but at the moment its a longshot him even going to the world cup. If he was the best in the world he'd have been a regular for England for at least a year. Putting him ahead of Marcelo, Lahm, Jordi Alba etc. is ridiculous!!

I made it quite clear it was my opinion and explained why it wasn't Lahm. It's supposed to be each person's choice of XI isn't it?

I didn't pick Marcelo because I don't think he's that good and one of the reasons the Madrid defence looks weak against decent attack. Alba doesn't always play for Barcelona and although very good, I haven't seen enough of him in the last couple of years. Who else is there? You think it's ridiculous because it's Saints full back, but top quality full backs are very rare, which is precisely the reason why so many top clubs will be willing to pay big money for Shaw. When he plays for Chelsea, Man Utd or City, no-one will think it ridiculous to rate him that highly. I don't rate players lower just because of who they play for and don't see many left footed fast left backs out there who are great at defending as well as attacking.

But Shaw isn't the best left-back in the Premier League currently?

I know it's too early but what's your premier league best XI until week 26 ?!

I think Saints can AT LEAST have 2 players there!

My team is something like:

.........................Mannone.........................

Coleman........Lovren........Jagielka.........Shaw

Lallana........Toure............Ramsey............Hazard

Sturridge........Suarez

Agree?!

(Sorry if my english is poor:blush:)

Made a few changes (Underlined), but in truth I wouldn't argue too much.

not sure Baines has been all that great this season. He had an injury and has only played 20 times for Everton. I'm reluctant to include Tore just because I agree with Didi Hamman when he says he is a liability defensively - he gets such a free role at City, which is why he scores loads of goals, but also why it leaves Man City open. That said, when he is on his game he's unstoppable.

It's very difficult to pick a side. You have to have watched all teams all season to really know what players have done. Ozil to me looked top class and was the stand out player for Arsenal at our place, but he has been slated recently, so I've no idea how good or bad he's been. Ramsey scored goals for fun, but was his all round game good too? He didn't play at SMS so how can I judge him? Shawcross is the most impressive centre back I've seen at SMS, but has he been like that all season. Probably not. You also have to look at players and the quality around them. Stick John Terry in that Stoke side instead of Shawcross and would they be a better side? Anyho, here's my best performing in the first 26 games side for what its worth.

Krul

Coleman Shawcross Lovren Shaw

Lallana Dembele Toure Hazard

Agureo Suarez

subs: Begavich, Ivanovic, Reid, Oscar, Ramsey, Adebeyor, Sturridge

Whenever I see a best XI, people seem to shoehorn together the best players. But what about the best team? Something more than the some of its parts, where formation matters too.

And what would be your world XI on that basis too?

Here's mine:

Premier:

Begovic

Zabayleta Kompany Lovren Shaw

Toure Schneiderlin

Silva Aguero Hazard

Suarez

World:

Neuer

Dani Alves Kompany Thiago Silva Shaw

Toure Schweinsteiger

Bale Messi Ronaldo

Aguero

Maybe I'm being biassed or just don't know enough LBs, but Shaw really is that good, and there won't be much argument once he's playing for Chelsea. Nearly went for Lahm but I'd always prefer a left footer offering natural width.

Ha! Few things get me out of my seat to post, but it takes a truly delusional Saints fan with absolutely no idea about world football to suggest Luke Shaw is better then Philipp Lahm at left back. No Southampton player is within the world's best 10 of any position.

Ha! Few things get me out of my seat to post, but it takes a truly delusional Saints fan with absolutely no idea about world football to suggest Luke Shaw is better then Philipp Lahm at left back. No Southampton player is within the world's best 10 of any position.

I agree with adrians cos Lahm hasn't impressed me in any of the zero games I've seen him play this season.

To proclaim that someone has "absolutely no idea about world football" just because they have a different opinion to you is bang out of order in my view.

Adrian gave a valid reason for picking Shaw over Lahm, he would prefer a natural left footer in that position.

but it takes a truly delusional Saints fan with absolutely no idea about world football to suggest Luke Shaw is better then Philipp Lahm at left back.

Shame Lahm generally plays right back these days, but then again someone with an idea on European football would know that. Alaba plays LB for Bayern mostly.

Please... Shaw is very very good for his age, but at the moment its a longshot him even going to the world cup. If he was the best in the world he'd have been a regular for England for at least a year. Putting him ahead of Marcelo, Lahm, Jordi Alba etc. is ridiculous!!

Agreed... Shaw is still learning his trade... made 2 errors recently that allowed Johnson and Odenwingie to score... Red and White glasses syndrome

Agreed... Shaw is still learning his trade... made 2 errors recently that allowed Johnson and Odenwingie to score... Red and White glasses syndrome

Did you think so? I remember the johnson one particularly i was thinking, that's it luke my lad show him onto his right foot he'll never... oh fuck

Did you think so? I remember the johnson one particularly i was thinking, that's it luke my lad show him onto his right foot he'll never... oh fuck

That was more Borucs fault, shouldn't have been beaten from there. After all as you point out he is all left foot.

Shame Lahm generally plays right back these days, but then again someone with an idea on European football would know that. Alaba plays LB for Bayern mostly.

Actually smug, Lahm had played as a defensive midfielder for most of this season. He's a better LB than shaw though. Asks us in 5 years and could be a different answer.