Is this a new thing?

alehouseboys

Sign of the times, some fans get treated with some respect by their clubs, Stoke used theirs for free travel, we do up our stadium for away fans.

Travel provided by Barclays, not by Liverpool - but that's even worse. Why are some clubs getting extra benefits from a league sponsor?

Might the reference to Barclays come from the funding provided for the £200k away fund coming from the Barclays Premier League?

Regardless, this money shouldn't be spent on coach travel, but on match ticket price reduction.

You guys dont know about the Barclays initiative? I suggest you learn about it. This is done with the clubs wishes.

I have to admit I've not heard anything about this before http://fcbusiness.co.uk/news/article/newsitem=2716/title=barclays+launches+premier+league+away+fans+initiative and it's not related to the fund to "subsidise travelling fans" that for some reason SFC decided to ignore. Liverpool do reduce the cost of every away ticket by between £2 and £4 for their fans under this scheme.

I guess all Premier League clubs will get Barclays complimentary bus travel at some point?

I'm not too sure about that, I think they are nominated by their own fans, I would like to see some of the original slaters to me come back on here and now comment, like normal they rush in as they see my name without thinking and knowing what they are on about.

Even if you're paranoid, its possible they really are all out to get you.

did we really spend our `do whatever you want with away bonus' on painting the away end? Learjetting a few luck winners to Newcastle or Sunderland was such a better idea.

Yes, the scheme was designed to help fans on their away trips, not for a club to do up its away end and saving itself money. That leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I must say I've been surprised with the small away supports at St.Mary's this season.

Apart from the big teams, the numbers have been extremely small. Look at Swansea for example. One of the biggest supports last season, this season really small. Same with Fulham and Stoke who. I seem to remember Hull fans made a good effort. West Ham and Sunderland (expected though!) fairly disappointing.

Villa are a healthy exception, I think more people came this time if anything. Same for Palace fans who came in good number.

Is it harder to reach Southampton or have our match day tickets for away fans gone up considerably?

I must say I've been surprised with the small away supports at St.Mary's this season.

Apart from the big teams, the numbers have been extremely small. Look at Swansea for example. One of the biggest supports last season, this season really small. Same with Fulham and Stoke who. I seem to remember Hull fans made a good effort. West Ham and Sunderland (expected though!) fairly disappointing.

Villa are a healthy exception, I think more people came this time if anything. Same for Palace fans who came in good number.

Is it harder to reach Southampton or have our match day tickets for away fans gone up considerably?

Swansea and Fulham were on TV this season and Stoke was the last game of the season, which is why they had their biggest away support down here.

Swansea and Fulham were on TV this season and Stoke was the last game of the season, which is why they had their biggest away support down here.

True, but I remember Fulham were on TV last season too (even it at lunchtime) and they still had a big support.

From TV most away supports still look fairly strong in numbers in the PL so far, not sure if it's a SMS thing..

Nothing new here.Last season when the Baggies played us at Saint Marys (and beat us!!!!) They provided 40 (yes FORTY) fifty seat coaches free for their fans, hence the big 'away' turnout.

Yeah but...that had nothing to do with 'away funds' or 'Barclays' that was just West Brom laying on 40 free coaches for their fans out of the goodness of their hearts and giving them a nice day out. And as you say "beat us", the greedy b'stards.